It's time to PCT....

ABMonkey

PCTing.
Trusted Member
The time has arrived to PCT. I've been on since May 2019 and when I first started I always intended on it being for a year or two. Well as it approaches the two year mark the time has come to PCT off again (before I hit 30).

Blasts since starting B&C:

1. 500mg Test C/week (16 weeks)
2. 600mg Test C/week (12 weeks)
3. 750mg Test C/350mg NPP (4 weeks -cut short due to covid)
4. 300mg Test C/800mg Primo E (16 weeks)
5. 500mg Test C/400mg NPP/500mg Primo E (14 weeks)

Time in between blasts was always cruising on just test on doses from 100mg - 250mg. Stopped using HCG September 2019 and have just reintroduced it. It's also probably been well over a year since I took any AI.

Last blast finished just before Christmas and have been cruising on 125mg Test C/week since then. I just added HCG into my protocol ~3 weeks ago to prime the boys for coming off. I started at 250iu EOD but now that is up to 500iu EOD. I plan on pulling bloods (provided LGC are operational) before PCT to see if I need to dose any aromasin prior to dropping the test but I don't think I will, I've never experienced any high E sides.

I'll run the HCG until this vial is done and will then come off and start my PCT protocol.

PCT Protocol

Nolvadex @ 10mg ED for 8-12 weeks

I ran Nolvadex at 20mg ED for 8 weeks after my first cycle and it worked out great other than some brain fog. New literature points at lower doses of nolva being just as effective so that's what I'll do and hopefully dodge the brain fog and any associated sides of higher dose nolva. I'm hoping the introduction of relatively high dose HCG towards PCT makes it a smooth transition, discontinuing it prior to starting Nolva.

I'm hoping to make a full recovery and get back to pre AAS levels (550ng). I'm hopeful as my blasts were generally quite mild and only one lengthy 19nor cycle.

I'll try and keep this as up to date as possible... Will be a few weeks before PCT actually starts!

This is still on pause for the time being... I may have just reintroduced primo back into my cruise. We'll see how things go.

I'm still keeping HCG in at a fairly decent dose as I like the effects and will make it easy to come off at any point with it back in the protocol.

HCG [Helps to] stand in for LH in the HTPA . You take it on cycle to eventually aid in recovery. You want to cease HCG if you want to restart your natural HTP>testicle cycle of T production. Yeah, it's going to suck for at least a few weeks while you (basically) withdraw from HCG[LH brain]>T{DHT}>E [testes]. Taking it on-cycle will help retain testicular volume | stave off azoospermia and aid in (Most likely, your eventual) recovery. Being on the fence, and toeing the line between on/off/in/on doesn't work so well, biologically ;).

Recover, or commit to a realistic cruise. Taking HCG during PCT only delays what you're asking your HTPA to do, naturally.

Last edited:
Wait, you’re saying HCG during cycle, then go off when PCT begins because the mimicking of LH slows down the HPTA from reving back up?
Yeah he is, I'm not sure why he posted it in my thread but 🤷‍♂️

HCG can be utilized whilst on blast/cruise, before PCT and into PCT. There are a million different ways to do it, personally I always drop it before PCT but OG's still swear by it in PCT.

It's personal preference.

Yeah he is, I'm not sure why he posted it in my thread but 🤷‍♂️

HCG can be utilized whilst on blast/cruise, before PCT and into PCT. There are a million different ways to do it, personally I always drop it before PCT but OG's still swear by it in PCT.

It's personal preference.
Why do you drop it in PCT if I may ask? Ive always heard and been told to do it in PCT too. Am I just wasting cash

Why do you drop it in PCT if I may ask? Ive always heard and been told to do it in PCT too. Am I just wasting cash
Me personally? The other methods just make more sense in my mind.

We have a PCT thread that is stickied here, give it a read... some great info in there!

I didn’t realize HCG suppressed or delayed the HPTA as well. What it will do is make your balls produce more test because it mimics LH, but the petuitary gland doesn’t receive the GnRH it requires to release LH and FSH in a timely fashion.

It’s like a cascade, first the Hypothalamus releases GnRH, which then in turn signals the Petuitary Glands to secrete LH and FSH, which then is used by the Testes to make sperm and create testosterone. So it seems like HCG will interfere somewhat with this process.