Is this mct oil good for brewing?

You always want to use pharmaceutical grade oils.
I'm sure the brewers will chime in.

I double filter my stuff via 0.2 filter and all the gso I've used thus far has been from walmart and no issues so pretty sure I don't need to pay jacked up prices for a cooking oil :) Know what I mean?

ya. i figure food grade has to be pretty good to start. once you filter down to .22um its got to be close to pharm grade. right?
just make sure its pure and doesnt have preservatives. i remember some americans back in the day using crisco or something like that and they had some bad reactions.

ya. i figure food grade has to be pretty good to start. once you filter down to .22um its got to be close to pharm grade. right?
just make sure its pure and doesnt have preservatives. i remember some americans back in the day using crisco or something like that and they had some bad reactions.

I've used food grade GSO for over a year now and never had an issue, but I've always double filtered into sterile vials :)

Now foods MCT oil. It comes in a brown glass container. Its about as pure and the best you can get.
Tons of guys use this for home brew synthol

The one you posted is only 93% MCT "DO NOT USE THAT!" you want 100%, this is mine and what I always use (pic below). I bake and filter it twice with a 0.2, once before raws added and once after the brewing and yes its the best for brewing imo, once you use it you wont go back, your body jus breaks it down so much easier.

my batch of Test E 300, Tren E 200 and Mast E 200, all made with MCT, 2%BA 20%BB (all 3 are painless and crystal clear yummm :p )

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4728 (1).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4728 (1).jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 18
  • thumbnail_IMG_4731.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4731.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Haven't brewed in ages but never liked using mct oil. It doesn't do well with low temperatures which makes the gear tend to crash...

Cottonseed or grapeseed is best in my opinion, cottonseed being my favorite.
Like @Funnyman said always use usp grade filtered oil... It's still dirt cheap. I know that you are going to filter it anyway but the oil needs to be cold pressed etc and you don't always know how pure the oil was to begin with. Might also contain certain toxins if it wasn't cold pressed etc so really not worth the risk.

Do things right...

Please don't bake your gear 🙏 prolonged exposure to heat is going to destroy the active hormone... If you use filtered oil and filter in pre sterilized vials in a CLEAN environment you don't have to worry about sterility.

For small batches use a syringe filter, pre sterilize a vial or better yet buy a sealed sterilized vial.
Make your goodies and put in a venting needle and insert another needle with the filter attached and filter. Works well for batches under 100ml. Bigger and disposable vacume filters are much much better or a glass filtration setup with autoclave if you are planning an doing a lot of batches. Then you can use the filtration papers and just sterilize the glass ware.. A lot cheaper that way.

I really don't think you guys should be brewing with raws you haven't had tested but that's your choice. I'm willing to help where I can if you guys need any info đź’Ş