Iron Works Gym

Meted

Trusted Member
Huge space, tons and tons of free weights, super limited cardio equipment, 3 squat racks, 2 smith machines, piles of benches, tons of chalk, owner is a former competitive bber, and power lifter! The only downfall of this place is always smells bad, machines are from 70's and very limited cables as they are all bike chains as opposed to cables LOL, BUT it is the most hardcore gym I have ever visited in my life.

Some of that old school equipment, if well maintained has Way better feel than a lot of the new stuff. I went to a gym owned by a world class powerlifter. He had a lot of that nautilus stuff and it felt just like brand new.

I find the pull of the chains to add resistance to the exercise and the negatives...you really have to control it, way harder than cables...brutal. His dumbells there are actually heavier than what is written on the end of the bells....he only accounts for the actual weight on the handles, does not incorporate the weight of the handles so when one trains at a different gym you are stronger than you think LOL. Love that place