Iron warehouse

Cumminstech2

Trusted Member
Iron warehouse in Parksville, horrible gym. Bought a month long membership to try it out and only went maybe 2 weeks. It’s the most unwelcoming and cliquey gym I’ve ever been too. It’s full of younger people (18-25) that all are friends together and won’t even say hi to you if you greet them, unless your in their inner circle. Dirty glares from everyone from the time you get there to when you leave, and this is not me being paranoid. Some guy yelled at me from across the gym for looking at his girlfriends ass and we got in an argument, that was the last straw for me. Not my fault she’s got an amazing ass and is doing squats in skin tight leggings. You know who else was looking? Absolutely everyone. Basically just wanted to post somewhere fuck that place, couldn’t recommend not going there enough.

I’ve driven by it. Was actually going to go in for a workout not that long ago but than something else came up, thanks for the heads up.

I'd still go if the equipment was what I wanted .... I'm not in a gym to make friends necessarily , so haters can hate..... as far as conflict, only an idiot starts a fight in place that is literally loaded with weapons..... noting a slap in the face with a 5lb plate won't fix
Just glare back..... fuk the haters

I’m not one to usually care about all the bullshit, but iron warehouse is on another level.

Terrible gym! Super small. Bathroom wasn’t working. Was visiting the spa there Tigh Na Mara..(highly recommended). And thought me and my man would check it out. Warehouse? That’s being generous. Very cramped. I did like the dark colours.. but who cares about that? Lol! Not recommended. Jim’s Gym is nicer for this area.

jims gym and bodyworks are hands down the best in the area, Bodyworks is closer to my house so that’s where I go. Did Jim’s gym for about a year and liked it there.

I have yet to go to body works. I live in Vic so when I’m in the area I’ll go check it out. I always get approached by someons at Jim’s which is always fun, the other patrons always ask about my bodybuilding career and it’s always a joy to share. Victoria is opposite lol, people stare with disgust LOL. So it’s fun checking out welcoming, nice gyms on the island! Any other gyms up that way you recommend?

@msclmama i met a female bodybuilder at my gym last night she has the same problem with people looking down their nose at her.

I second Body Works being a great friendly gym although it’s been a few years since I’ve been.
I liked Jim’s for the equipment but I honestly found it kinda cliquey.

Jim’s gym is very cliquey. Certain groups go there and don’t socialize with other groups or outsiders much. Bodyworks is a great atmosphere. I’m not there to make friends and socialize so that stuff doesn’t really matter to me, but it’s nice going to the gym where all the regulars know each other and are friendly and smile and are welcoming to others for sure.

Jim’s and bodyworks are really the only gyms in Parksville other than bayside, which is a sweet gym because it’s in the bayside hotel and you get access to the pool and squash courts, and their membership is only 20 bucks a month.

@msclmama i met a female bodybuilder at my gym last night she has the same problem with people looking down their nose at her.

I second Body Works being a great friendly gym although it’s been a few years since I’ve been.
I liked Jim’s for the equipment but I honestly found it kinda cliquey.
From the island? There are literally only 4 of us here lol!

It’s a small FBB community so I may even know her. Unfortunately I’ve been treated like that at most of the gyms here especially in Victoria. I was always more welcomed in Alberta. Hell, even on the other website they are making fun on my ass.. lol saying I look like a man.. LOL. Kinda made me laugh. People can feel very oddly threatened by an FBBs appearance. Just so sad it happens mostly from other gym goers!

It’s a small FBB community so I may even know her. Unfortunately I’ve been treated like that at most of the gyms here especially in Victoria. I was always more welcomed in Alberta. Hell, even on the other website they are making fun on my ass.. lol saying I look like a man.. LOL. Kinda made me laugh. People can feel very oddly threatened by an FBBs appearance. Just so sad it happens mostly from other gym goers!

Honestly I think you’ll get more looks out of curiosity than in judgement. It’s not something you see often so when you do see it, you try and analyze. You probably get some people watching you do your lifts to try and figure out how it may be different for you, etc. Catching a lot of people looking at you all the time can feel like your under the microscope and being judged by all, but I think a vast majority of them are just curious of the FBB aesthetics because it’s not something they get to see often, and they’re trying to figure it out in their head.

Last time I saw a female competitor I was so impressed with her level of conditioning I had to go out of my way to compliment her and say I wish I could get to half that level of dedication. She was really surprised and thankful for the compliment and mentioned how most people just glare and are afraid to make eye contact. Haters.

Sure I was bigger than her, but she looked like she could have broken me in half... and I wouldn't try to stop her if she did ;)

Sorry for the derail...