Intermittent fasting

Noob

50(m) looking at GH for injury repair/prevention. Is intermittent fasting actually a thing for GH release? I have seen some massive release percentage increases in literature but the lit seems a little light. Any insight?

Last edited:
50(m) looking at GH for injury repair/prevention. Is intermittent fasting actually a thing for GH release? I have seen some massive release percentage increases in literature but the lit seems a little light. Any insight?
It's not going to be anywhere near what you're looking for in terms of injury repair. It's going to be slightly higher due to the fact you're not creating an insulin response through eating. Just remember though, anything that triggers insulin (or enzymatic activity in the gut even, of any sort) will stop that benefit. We're talking truly fasting. Even then, it's a small benefit.

...so the benefit is negligible. What about 4iu daily, or some other dose, for injury repair/prevention? I'm not trying to put on slabs, but my shoulders are shit and I want to get as much out of the machine as I can before I croak.

Actually forget that question, what I am really asking is: if I take HGH, spending say 10k on iu's, will it rebuild enough cartilage and strenghten the ligaments enough for the benefits to stretch well beyond the time I stop the regimen, in general? For context, specifically, I have no chronic pain but thanks to genetics/being an idiot/getting older I can no longer bench or do push exercises without serious trouble for at least week after.

Last edited:
...so the benefit is negligible. What about 4iu daily, or some other dose, for injury repair/prevention? I'm not trying to put on slabs, but my shoulders are shit and I want to get as much out of the machine as I can before I croak.
Have you done any long term massage therapy?
I used to have crap shoulders, always hurt, then I started to do massage therapy and now my shoulders feel really good.
I think sometimes other muscles around limiting proper range of motion creates issues.

When I say long term, I mean every 2 weeks for like 6 months then once a month after that for life.
Best thing I ever did and I’m 51

I used to have crap shoulders, always hurt, then I started to do massage therapy and now my shoulders feel really good.
I think sometimes other muscles around limiting proper range of motion creates issues.

When I say long term, I mean every 2 weeks for like 6 months then once a month after that for life.
I am convinced that the shoulder thing is joint/ligament, although I am certainly willing to try massage if it would help. Too much clicking and snapping when I do push stuff for me to think muscle and that's with lower weight, higher rep and stricter form. I am definitely willing to try the conventional stuff for results so thanks for the feedback, seriously.

Not sure about gh release but I definitely function better only eating one meal a day.

Guts are much better.

How do you not go into a catabolic state though? That’s what I dont get . One meal every 24 hours , your body start catabolizing after what 14 hours or much less depending on physical activity ? Seems like if you wanna build muscle it’s counterproductive ? I don’t know not trying to be rude just trying to understand how this is effective as a bodybuilder .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you not go into a catabolic state though? That’s what I dont get . One meal every 24 hours , your body start catabolizing after what 14 hours or much less depending on physical activity ? Seems like if you wanna build muscle it’s counterproductive ? I don’t know not trying to be rude just trying to understand how this is effective as a bodybuilder .

Catabolism and anabolism are largely misunderstood subjects :)
The terms are overused as blankets nowadays.

You're not going to grow optimally, no. But you can grow, and you can DEFINITELY maintain while shredding body fat.

Catabolism and anabolism are largely misunderstood subjects :)
The terms are overused as blankets nowadays.

You're not going to grow optimally, no. But you can grow, and you can DEFINITELY maintain while shredding body fat.

So what you sit down once a day and eat all your macros in one sitting ? I can’t even imagine trying to eat that much chicken and rice on one go haha

I supplement with EAAs 2 times during the day and have a protien shake before bed.

I have been steadily losing fat without losing muscle. I’ve become much leaner and maintained about 260-270

So what you sit down once a day and eat all your macros in one sitting ? I can’t even imagine trying to eat that much chicken and rice on one go haha

I really don’t sweat macros other than protein. Always try to get 1 gram per lean kg of body weight.

Also I have no interest in competing either in bb or powerlifting. I have done a bit of nothin the past.

I supplement with EAAs 2 times during the day and have a protien shake before bed.

I have been steadily losing fat without losing muscle. I’ve become much leaner and maintained about 260-270

Interesting . How much energy do you have when you are in the gym ?

I am convinced that the shoulder thing is joint/ligament, although I am certainly willing to try massage if it would help. Too much clicking and snapping when I do push stuff for me to think muscle and that's with lower weight, higher rep and stricter form. I am definitely willing to try the conventional stuff for results so thanks for the feedback, seriously.
Mine don’t pop or click anymore. Did for years. Get them to pull out your back and chest. You really cant massage the delts.
My joints function like they did when I was 30. I was putting 92 lb top butt boxes on the shelf today, the last two, even on the top of a 5’ ladder you need to lift over your head, before I would ignore the pain and lift it, now there isn’t any, or such a small amount I don’t worry about it.

I have come to the conclusion that muscle tightness pulls on nerves and restricts proper movement and causes all our problems. Left unchecked long enough we get abnormal wear patterns, or really bad movement function. See it comes on slowly and that is why we don’t notice it.

SO far my massage therapist has been right about everything. My feet were aching sore all the time, she said stretch calves, I got her to massage them, now my feet don‘t hurt. Then I had a pain in the back of my knee on the inside, she said to stretch hamstrings (I can’t get her to massage those, I got a vein glued and don’t want it to be damaged) but I have been stretching my hamstrings and the knee pain is almost gone.

There are some amazing peptides out there that will help with cartilage and tendon health better than ANY gh will.
Gh-cu is good at this and several others that actually work for a fraction of the cost. If money is no issue, peptides are still the best option and look at your diet and get rolling on anti inflammatory diet, it has many negative impacts on our well being and body ability to heal and prosper. Big part of the equation, which also ties into your fasting etc.

Are you doing deep massage therapy. I end off equilibrium and have a hard time walking to my car. But I feel so good. It's like being through a training session in itself and the endorphin release is amazing ( I get back shoulders and arms done ). I have never done long term cause of the budget thing... my plan is not all that good.

Are you doing deep massage therapy. I end off equilibrium and have a hard time walking to my car. But I feel so good. It's like being through a training session in itself and the endorphin release is amazing ( I get back shoulders and arms done ). I have never done long term cause of the budget thing... my plan is not all that good.
When I had the trapped nerve I went once a week for about 3 months, then every 2 weeks for about a year, now I go once a month.
Each session was an hour. She mainly works on my back, yes its always that tight (STUPID JOB), anyhow sometimes I get her to do the pecs, or calves.

I do not get pain from it really anymore, once things are loosened up you don’t get the same endorphin release. But I now do it at maintenance. And am glad I do, I feel years younger body wise then I did before.

I have no plan, I pay for it. $105 each time. Ok, I get work to pay for it, because I am a machine and it’s part of my maintenance, lol.

Reactions: PGM