Interesting video on caffeine..

I gave up all caffeine 2 months ago or so now. Somewhere around there anyways. Gamechanger!! I sleep like a baby every night now and have way more steady energy throughout the day. No high and lows.

Its funny because everyone who says, and I was guilty of it too, i need my coffee in the AM or I can't go without coffee is only saying it and feeling it because they drink it in the first place. You give it up and you don't even thinking about it.

I am also one who can drink 8oz at 10pm and sleep fine. I love the act of drinking coffee.. the taste, the heat etc..

I doubt I will give up all coffee. Would be nice to get down to 1 cup in the morning and see if that helps energy during the day.

If I can cut down to 1 cup, I will likley still drink decaf at 4pm. That pm cup of coffee is my equvielent of of a beer after a long day of work or a glass of wine with dinner.

I cut my 4pm coffee down from 8oz to 1/4 teaspoon reg instant coffee and 1 teaspoon decafe.. I think that's about the same as going from 8oz to 2-3 oz.

I did it on a camping trip so I am not sure how my sleeping has been with the cafeine reducation. I sleep hard when I go camping regardless..

I didn't get any headache from withdrawl.

Over the next few days I'll try only having my morning coffee and in the pm I will have straight decafe.

I have never drank coffee and just recently I’ve been thinking I was going to.
It works the opposite on me, it calms me and makes things slow down due to adhd and I manage it decently well most times but coffee does help as I don’t take pharmacy meds for it.
Some days are tougher than others depending on how much pressure I put in myself or tasks I accept to get done.

Still deciding

I am very hyper of a person and caffeine slows me down it’s like it does opposite for me. I feel like I’m too hyper physically and mentally like energize bunny 😂 11C909F3-29A1-4071-AD16-B4E4F69188A6.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you drink it daily or are not when you feel you need it for calm clarity?
I have a habit drinking in the morning to slow me down because I wake up bouncing out of the bed and I need to physically concentrate and not get distracted. When I was younger I was in sports and that helped my hypertension. The doctor prescribed me Ridellan and that really slowed me down way too much that I had to get off of it just to continue to do all my sport activities.

Last edited:
Well I am totally cafeine free except my cup I have first thing in the morning. I cut out my 4:30 pm coffee completely and I no longer have a 2nd morning cup on the weekends.

My sleep is better. There is no question about that. I fall asleep easily and stay asleep. I wake up feeling like I got a better sleep as well.

I have been working out after dinner and I thought for sure my workouts would be awful without cafeine before hand, but they haven't. My workouts are not any better, but they are not any worse either.

Now that my pm cafeine intake is gone, I'm sure if I tried pre work out I would have an amazing workout though.

Not sure if I will cut out my morning coffee. I think its aroudn 6-8oz. I might cut it down to 4-5 and see what that does.

I was drinking 3/4 decafe and 1/4 reg coffee at 4:30 for a week, but I switch to 100% decafe for awhile and realized I didn't crave the coffee heat and taste like I thought I would. So I dont even have decaf at 4:30 half the time.

There was a few days I felt very tired after dinner, but it didn't last. I was thankful I didn't get any headaches by cutting out that 6-8oz cup around dinner time.

If you are a heavy coffee drinker, it might be worth a try. I really enjoy putting my head on the pillow and passing right out hard now.