Injections/gel/creams? etc

Bobrebooted

Trusted Member
I notice almost everyone in here doing injections for their TRT. I can tell ya right now it ain't gonna happen, I have to be laid down just to do the covid shot, much less do it myself. It's horrible I suck at needles, but it isn't going away. So what is the difference bewtween delivery methods and why do injections seem to be preferred? It seems weird to have a big spike then a gradual drop that you get with injections, but I'm all ears

Creams are more of a pain in the ass ; I have heard good things about Nibido which are testosterone undecanoate gel caps

Gel/cream is a big spike and then falls off same day(not exactly but I’m not going into the full half-life conversation)

Creams have less bioavailability than injections

Most stable BW is small microdosages injected 2-3 times per week

If you don’t like needles, TRT is likely not for you.

PS Small dosages with small gauge needles can’t really be felt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Injections get me somewhere a lot more stable and I am not interested in lathering myself up with cream everyday possibly multiple times a day. I’d imagine my skin would react to the taro cream as well since I’m hypersensitive to shit like thT

My old man is currently running the cream. I don't really like the protocols his doctor has been giving him... Just so you are aware, unless you are covered, the cream is stupid expensive as well. I think my dad paid like over $200 for one bottle, which lasts like a month...

I notice almost everyone in here doing injections for their TRT. I can tell ya right now it ain't gonna happen, I have to be laid down just to do the covid shot, much less do it myself. It's horrible I suck at needles, but it isn't going away. So what is the difference bewtween delivery methods and why do injections seem to be preferred? It seems weird to have a big spike then a gradual drop that you get with injections, but I'm all ears

The new test suppositories might work for you

Us taking injections look at them as a pain in the ass. Lol

hey I am very sympathetic towards any mental blockages that people have even if conventionally thought of as irrational. Some can pretty much be ignored but this particular one I'd be trying to face head on and get comfortable with it even though that would likely take tremendous effort. Not because of TRT issues but for a variety of other reasons in modern society. Good luck either way.

FYI the smoothest transitions between peak and trough are attainable via injection. You need to control all the variables such as Product(esters), dose and frequency. All the other delivery methods commonly available leave the system very quickly. Pellets are not to common in Canada these days AFAIK but they also deliver in a very stable manner if used properly.

I have used both prescription TRT injections and compounded cream. More and more people say they hate cream which is fine - each to their own but I had no issues with it. I would apply 5 mg on my shoulder after my shower and it absorbed quickly. I think at one time (it was a while ago) I was taking 10 mg a day. Anyway - increased sex drive, muscle growth, felt better, test back in the normal range but as per some of members mentioned you are more apt to have fluctuations in your testosterone with cream or gel. The injections come in different esters and you can easily work out a schedule for stable levels based on the half life and blood tests.
I now prefer injections but I see nothing wrong with creams or gels.

One of the common problems or concerns with creams/gels is transferring it to your loved ones or significant other accidentally. If its on your hands and you don't wash it off carefully and touch your partner or kids you may accidentally be giving them small doses of hormones.

Gel/cream is a big spike and then falls off same day(not exactly but I’m not going into the full half-life conversation)

Would it be the same size needle as insulin?

Microdosing? Yeah you can backload slin pins. I haven’t done subq before so can’t speak on that. But regular 5/8” 28G slin pins seem to be long enough to administer IM in most places on my body.

but I’m low enough BF to do so successfully

Microdosing? Yeah you can backload slin pins. I haven’t done subq before so can’t speak on that. But regular 5/8” 28G slin pins seem to be long enough to administer IM in most places on my body.

but I’m low enough BF to do so successfully

I use slin pins in my delts while cruising and only use 1/2 ml of fluid which is 200mg Test D that I brewed with ethyl oleate as the carrier oil so it’s thin like water, I can draw and pin from the same 28g insulin needle no problem. Then just a small poke in the delt and a small 1/2 a CC of fluid and I’m good for a week. Easiest way to cruise and I’ll do the same for TRT when the time comes.

Yes it can be. if you buy the 1cc syringe you can buy the needles separately. This allows you to use a bigger needle to draw the test out of the bottle (e.g. 23 gauge) and then to insure it stays sharp so you do no get a pinch when you inject replace the needle with a smaller one 26, 27 or 30 gauge. the needls come in different lengths so i use 5/8 but some folks will use 1/2 inch.

i like the gels, i feel better on them. i also feel better on lower doses in general.

obviously if im blasting its different story, but i havent blasted in years.

Creams are more of a pain in the ass ; I have heard good things about Nibido which are testosterone undecanoate gel caps
nebido is the test u castor oil 1000mg shot you take like once every 8 weeks. im pretty curious about trying it and may procure some, read some studies saying it has the highest level of 1/5/10 year compliance in patients. if they like it there may be a reason.

gels achieve steady state pretty quick, there no real spike and fall off if applied daily at around the same time of day.

also at least in my experience "steady levels" are overrated (within reason).

nebido is the test u castor oil 1000mg shot you take like once every 8 weeks. im pretty curious about trying it and may procure some, read some studies saying it has the highest level of 1/5/10 year compliance in patients. if they like it there may be a reason.

gels achieve steady state pretty quick, there no real spike and fall off if applied daily at around the same time of day.

also at least in my experience "steady levels" are overrated (within reason).
Nothing personal but I always feel the need to comment on this, That is a horrible protocol for this stuff IMO. Monster high spike to start that lasts for a few weeks then weeks at a terribly low level to follow. I also feel that steady levels are necessarily the holy grail but this crazy rollercoaster pushes that opposition too far. I'm also aware that some guys like this but I'd never go past every 10 days, nor would I recommend it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do bud.

Nothing personal but I always feel the need to comment on this, That is a horrible protocol for this stuff IMO. Monster high spike to start that lasts for a few weeks then weeks at a terribly low level to follow. I also feel that steady levels are necessarily the holy grail but this crazy rollercoaster pushes that opposition too far. I'm also aware that some guys like this but I'd never go past every 10 days, nor would I recommend it.

Good luck whatever you decide to do bud.
its not, theyve published the pharmacokinetics. something to do with the castor oil, plus the size of the bolus, it releases steady and you stay at therapeutic levels for the full 8 weeks.