If you think Covid is GONE, think again

There have also been studies on this that prove this not to be true. Workers have used respirators for years in many industries without hypoxia.

They lose credibility when they can’t even understand the difference between a mask and a respirator. Only a respirator creates a seal on your face. Masks don’t.

Health effect wise.... blood O2 saturation is also what you want to measure.

Yes. There is a standard in occupational health for 02 concentration. This is for work in confined spaces where there maybe an o2 deficient atmosphere.

The headache issue speaks to a study on health care workers wearing respirators for extended periods of time and it was believed that the headaches were from the band’s securing them in place. Not because of O2 deficit or CO2 rebreathing. Also proven not to be an issue. Although blood CO2 is elevated.

There are huge holes in why that little experiment doesn’t hold water. The method, the device, the sensors.... I could go on.

There have also been studies on this that prove this not to be true. Workers have used respirators for years in many industries without hypoxia.

They lose credibility when they can’t even understand the difference between a mask and a respirator. Only a respirator creates a seal on your face. Masks don’t.

Health effect wise.... blood O2 saturation is also what you want to measure.

Yes. There is a standard in occupational health for 02 concentration. This is for work in confined spaces where there maybe an o2 deficient atmosphere.

The headache issue speaks to a study on health care workers wearing respirators for extended periods of time and it was believed that the headaches were from the band’s securing them in place. Not because of O2 deficit or CO2 rebreathing. Also proven not to be an issue. Although blood CO2 is elevated.

There are huge holes in why that little experiment doesn’t hold water. The method, the device, the sensors.... I could go on.

They have a bunch of local concrete producers plus a bunch of gravel pits. They had a real problem on their hands like...I'm going to say 30? years ago because a BUNCH of them had workers with varying degrees of "Miners Lung" because they weren't using masks with clouds of silica in the air.

They wear masks now or their life expectancy drops by decades.

What would the results look like using just a cloth "face covering" that is not designed to vent? How much oxygen would be in your blood after wearing one on a plane for a five hour trip?
I wont fly wearing a mask. I can barely breathe on a plane with out one. if i fell asleep it would kill me probably.

What would the results look like using just a cloth "face covering" that is not designed to vent? How much oxygen would be in your blood after wearing one on a plane for a five hour trip?
I wont fly wearing a mask. I can barely breathe on a plane with out one. if i fell asleep it would kill me probably.
You know I used to hate wearing a mask, but as I’m getting older, I figure I should be better to my lungs, so I wear one now when I cut concrete, cut mdf board, sand dry wall dust and so on.
At first I felt like I was suffocating, but now it doesn’t bother me a bit to wear one for hours.
I even wear a respirator at work when weighing my weekly sausage spices, takes about an hour, way better that choking on the spice dust.

Now it’s just like wearing a seat belt, would feel funny not to wear a mask.

Last edited:
You know I used to hate wearing a mask, but as I’m getting older, I figure I should be better to my lungs, so I wear one now when I cut concrete, cut mdf board, sand dry wall dust and so on.
At first I felt like I was suffocating, but now it doesn’t bother me a bit to wear one for hours.
I even wear a respirator at work when weighing my weekly sausage slices, takes about an hour, way better that choking on the spice dust.

That's really how it is. You feel like an alien but every doctor/nurse in the world must have felt like an alien before they started donning facemasks for their jobs for the last bunch of decades. Eventually it and making sure you don't handle the spot that might just have caught the covid becomes second nature.

MAN my GF used to blow my ass up if I took my mask off wrong or didn't use any anti-bacterial lotion after going somewhere shady like a 7-11.

CAAAPOOOOWWWWWW!@!@(large explosion of my ass getting blown up when I touched more than the sides of a mask)

During the worst times she had me in latex gloves. I joked that I hadn't had latex on "in a bit" - she wasn't amused.

They have a bunch of local concrete producers plus a bunch of gravel pits. They had a real problem on their hands like...I'm going to say 30? years ago because a BUNCH of them had workers with varying degrees of "Miners Lung" because they weren't using masks with clouds of silica in the air.

They wear masks now or their life expectancy drops by decades.

Concrete plants usually don’t have many problems with silica - outside mixing. Once mixed it’s generally not a huge issue. Once the silica is in the matrix after being cured, even when cut is not usually a problem. In my experience anyways.

Now particulate and dust? Some of those processes where guys are using half or full face negative pressure respirators should be using supplied air!!!!

That's really how it is. You feel like an alien but every doctor/nurse in the world must have felt like an alien before they started donning facemasks for their jobs for the last bunch of decades. Eventually it and making sure you don't handle the spot that might just have caught the covid becomes second nature.

MAN my GF used to blow my ass up if I took my mask off wrong or didn't use any anti-bacterial lotion after going somewhere shady like a 7-11.

CAAAPOOOOWWWWWW!@!@(large explosion of my ass getting blown up when I touched more than the sides of a mask)

During the worst times she had me in latex gloves. I joked that I hadn't had latex on "in a bit" - she wasn't amused.
I wear a hairnet at work every day. Feels funny if I don’t. One early morning I had not put it in yet and my staff were freaking out that I wasn’t wearing it, like I’ve never not wore one, lol.
More than once I’ve gone out shopping after work with it on, like at Home Depot or shoppers, lol. While shopping I wonder why people are looking at me funny, then I usually figure it out. Thank good I’m wearing a wirk shirt, so when I pass by, they understand, lol.

Consensus right now from the folks I hav access to believe because they don’t seal on the face making dead air space nor do they filter as efficiently (ie more porous) they would affect respiration, 02 sat and CO2 retention less than a respirator.

However that’s basically very educated guessing. There are no valid studies completed yet on source control masks that I or anyone I know that can find.

Most people’s struggles are psychological and that is not to say they don’t present as real or to be dismissive. The mind is a powerful thing and can convince you of almost anything.

Ask anyone whom is truly claustrophobic or has a fear of heights. The physical response can completely cripple you even though physically there is nothing wrong with you.

I even wear a respirator at work when weighing my weekly sausage slices, takes about an hour, way better that choking on the spice dust.

I have spent many hours in disposable masks for work. Grinding rust and brake pad dust daily servicing vehicles. Paining and sanding. Usually always n95. I have always found it hard to breathe while working hard, especially when hot out. Not to mention if you are wearing glasses. Combine the mask with glasses and hot sweaty climate and you are fucked.

Here is the copied text of an open letter that was sent to the Chief Medical Officer of Health of Alberta a few days ago by an associate, an actual expert in the field.

June 22, 2020
Dr. Deena Hinshaw
Chief Medical Officer of Health
Alberta Health
Edmonton, AB [email protected]
Open Letter to Physicians and the Public of Alberta

Dear Dr. Hinshaw,
Re: Alberta Health recommendation that Albertans wear N95, surgical or non-medical
masks in public to reduce the likelihood of transmitting or developing a condition
from the coronavirus known as COVID-19
I have been teaching and conducting respirator fit testing for over 20 years and now currently for my company SafeCom Training Services Inc. My clients include many government departments, our military, healthcare providers with Alberta Health Services, educational institutions and private industry. I am a published author and a recognized authority on this subject.
Filter respirator masks, especially N95, surgical and non-medical masks, provide negligible COVID-19 protection for the following reasons:
1. Viruses in the fluid envelopes that surround them can be very small, so small in fact that you would need an electron microscope to see them. N95 masks filter 95% of particles with a diameter of 0.3 microns or larger. COVID-19 particles are .08 - .12 microns.
2. Viruses don’t just enter us through our mouth and nose, but can also enter through our eyes and even the pores of our skin. The only effective barrier one can wear to protect against virus exposure would be a fully encapsulated hazmat suit with cuffs by ankles taped to boots and cuffs by wrists taped to gloves, while receiving breathing air from a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
This barrier is standard gear to protect against a biohazard (viruses) and would have to be worn in a possible virus hazard environment 24/7 and you wouldn’t be able to remove any part of it even to have a sip of water, eat or use the washroom while in the virus environment. If you did, you would become exposed and would negate all the prior precautions you had taken.
3. Not only are N95, surgical and non-medical masks useless as protection from COVID-19, but in addition, they also create very real risks and possible serious threats to a wearer’s health for the following reasons:
A. Wearing these masks increases breathing resistance, making it more difficult to both inhale and exhale. According to our Alberta government regulations on respirator (mask) use, anyone that is required to wear a respirator mask should be screened to determine their ability to safely wear one.
Any covering of the mouth and nose increases breathing resistance, whether the mask is certified or not. Those individuals with pre-existing medical conditions of shortness of breath, lung disease, panic attacks, breathing difficulties, chest pain in exertion, cardiovascular disease, fainting spells, claustrophobia, chronic bronchitis, heart problems, asthma, allergies, diabetes, seizures, high blood pressure and pacemakers need to be pre-screened by a medical professional to be approved to be able to safely wear one. Wearing these masks could cause a medical emergency for anyone with any of these conditions.
Pregnancy-related high blood pressure is possible. More research is necessary to determine the impact of wearing a mask for extended periods of time on pregnancy.
It is dangerous to recommend, much less mandate anyone with medical conditions to wear a mask without educating them about the risks involved in wearing them without having been pre-screened and approved by a medical professional first.
B. In order for any respirator mask to offer protection to a specific user, that user must be individually fitted with the right type, right size, if male – face must be clean shaven (only short moustache allowed). Next, the user must be fit tested with that respirator by a trained professional to determine whether or not the respirator is providing the user with an air-tight seal – a requirement for any respirator mask.
C. N95 masks – N for not resistant to oil particles, 95 for the percentage of protection – the lowest level of all respirator masks
These masks even when properly sized and fitted will not protect against virus exposure, however they are capable of adequate protection from larger particles such as pet dander, pollen and sawdust.
Surgical masks (the paper ones that loop around the ears) – do not seal to the face and do not filter anything.
Nonmedical and/or homemade masks are dangerous because:
● Not engineered for the efficient yet protective requirements of easy inhalation and effective purging of exhaled carbon dioxide
● Could cause an oxygen deficiency for the user
● Could cause an accumulation of carbon dioxide for the user
● Shouldn’t be recommended under any circumstance
D. They increase body temperature and physical stress – could cause a high temperature alert on a thermometer gun
E. They impede verbal communication
F. N95, surgical and nonmedical masks can create infections and possible disease all by themselves by causing exhaled warm, moist air to accumulate on the inside material of the mask, right in front of the user’s mouth and nose, which is the perfect environment for bacteria to form, grow and multiply. That is why N95 and other disposable masks were only designed to be short duration, specific task use and then immediately discarded.
So if masks are not effective in preventing illness, what is? How about the age-old tried, tested and proven method of protecting our health with a healthy diet, clean water, avoidance of processed, junk and fast foods, plenty of fresh air, sunshine, moderate exercise, adequate restful sleep and avoidance of stress?
We all have an immune system that can fight and overcome any COVID-19 threat if it is healthy and we nurture it.
Thank you for reading this open letter and letting me share my expertise. I ask that you share this with the public via media statement as we are all committed to promoting good health for all Albertans. If you or any of the public wish to contact me with a question or comment, I would love to hear from you. I can best be reached [email protected].
Sincerely,
Chris Schaefer
Director
SafeCom Training Services Inc.

I have spent many hours in disposable masks for work. Grinding rust and brake pad dust daily servicing vehicles. Paining and sanding. Usually always n95. I have always found it hard to breathe while working hard, especially when hot out. Not to mention if you are wearing glasses. Combine the mask with glasses and hot sweaty climate and you are fucked.

Same here, gutting old buildings downtown when those neighborhoods were gentrified was a summer job for me. Lots of asbestos in there. Working in lots of attics when I did electrical, what a mess. I'd take mask breaks by taking a few deep breaths down my shirt.

But for all this Covid BS just wear a bandana. I'll just copy/paste from my reply in another thread;

They are easy to breathe through as they are wide open on the bottom, and material that you can see through the weave. Useless for medical reasons, but so far acceptable by goofball WHO standards.

I wear one snowboarding, dirtbiking, etc, and I'm breathing heavy and never have any problems being short of breath.

I wear a hairnet at work every day. Feels funny if I don’t. One early morning I had not put it in yet and my staff were freaking out that I wasn’t wearing it, like I’ve never not wore one, lol.
More than once I’ve gone out shopping after work with it on, like at Home Depot or shoppers, lol. While shopping I wonder why people are looking at me funny, then I usually figure it out. Thank good I’m wearing a wirk shirt, so when I pass by, they understand, lol.
I've seen doctors or nurses with a mask hanging from their necks by their in a store(before covid)...put on, half way taken off and just forgotten.

LOL the right type of hair with a hairnet and you'd be rocking a hardcore 60s afro without Jerrycurl.

Here is the copied text of an open letter that was sent to the Chief Medical Officer of Health of Alberta a few days ago by an associate, an actual expert in the field.

June 22, 2020
Dr. Deena Hinshaw
Chief Medical Officer of Health
Alberta Health
Edmonton, AB [email protected]
Open Letter to Physicians and the Public of Alberta

Dear Dr. Hinshaw,
Re: Alberta Health recommendation that Albertans wear N95, surgical or non-medical
masks in public to reduce the likelihood of transmitting or developing a condition
from the coronavirus known as COVID-19
I have been teaching and conducting respirator fit testing for over 20 years and now currently for my company SafeCom Training Services Inc. My clients include many government departments, our military, healthcare providers with Alberta Health Services, educational institutions and private industry. I am a published author and a recognized authority on this subject.
Filter respirator masks, especially N95, surgical and non-medical masks, provide negligible COVID-19 protection for the following reasons:
1. Viruses in the fluid envelopes that surround them can be very small, so small in fact that you would need an electron microscope to see them. N95 masks filter 95% of particles with a diameter of 0.3 microns or larger. COVID-19 particles are .08 - .12 microns.
2. Viruses don’t just enter us through our mouth and nose, but can also enter through our eyes and even the pores of our skin. The only effective barrier one can wear to protect against virus exposure would be a fully encapsulated hazmat suit with cuffs by ankles taped to boots and cuffs by wrists taped to gloves, while receiving breathing air from a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
This barrier is standard gear to protect against a biohazard (viruses) and would have to be worn in a possible virus hazard environment 24/7 and you wouldn’t be able to remove any part of it even to have a sip of water, eat or use the washroom while in the virus environment. If you did, you would become exposed and would negate all the prior precautions you had taken.
3. Not only are N95, surgical and non-medical masks useless as protection from COVID-19, but in addition, they also create very real risks and possible serious threats to a wearer’s health for the following reasons:
A. Wearing these masks increases breathing resistance, making it more difficult to both inhale and exhale. According to our Alberta government regulations on respirator (mask) use, anyone that is required to wear a respirator mask should be screened to determine their ability to safely wear one.
Any covering of the mouth and nose increases breathing resistance, whether the mask is certified or not. Those individuals with pre-existing medical conditions of shortness of breath, lung disease, panic attacks, breathing difficulties, chest pain in exertion, cardiovascular disease, fainting spells, claustrophobia, chronic bronchitis, heart problems, asthma, allergies, diabetes, seizures, high blood pressure and pacemakers need to be pre-screened by a medical professional to be approved to be able to safely wear one. Wearing these masks could cause a medical emergency for anyone with any of these conditions.
Pregnancy-related high blood pressure is possible. More research is necessary to determine the impact of wearing a mask for extended periods of time on pregnancy.
It is dangerous to recommend, much less mandate anyone with medical conditions to wear a mask without educating them about the risks involved in wearing them without having been pre-screened and approved by a medical professional first.
B. In order for any respirator mask to offer protection to a specific user, that user must be individually fitted with the right type, right size, if male – face must be clean shaven (only short moustache allowed). Next, the user must be fit tested with that respirator by a trained professional to determine whether or not the respirator is providing the user with an air-tight seal – a requirement for any respirator mask.
C. N95 masks – N for not resistant to oil particles, 95 for the percentage of protection – the lowest level of all respirator masks
These masks even when properly sized and fitted will not protect against virus exposure, however they are capable of adequate protection from larger particles such as pet dander, pollen and sawdust.
Surgical masks (the paper ones that loop around the ears) – do not seal to the face and do not filter anything.
Nonmedical and/or homemade masks are dangerous because:
● Not engineered for the efficient yet protective requirements of easy inhalation and effective purging of exhaled carbon dioxide
● Could cause an oxygen deficiency for the user
● Could cause an accumulation of carbon dioxide for the user
● Shouldn’t be recommended under any circumstance
D. They increase body temperature and physical stress – could cause a high temperature alert on a thermometer gun
E. They impede verbal communication
F. N95, surgical and nonmedical masks can create infections and possible disease all by themselves by causing exhaled warm, moist air to accumulate on the inside material of the mask, right in front of the user’s mouth and nose, which is the perfect environment for bacteria to form, grow and multiply. That is why N95 and other disposable masks were only designed to be short duration, specific task use and then immediately discarded.
So if masks are not effective in preventing illness, what is? How about the age-old tried, tested and proven method of protecting our health with a healthy diet, clean water, avoidance of processed, junk and fast foods, plenty of fresh air, sunshine, moderate exercise, adequate restful sleep and avoidance of stress?
We all have an immune system that can fight and overcome any COVID-19 threat if it is healthy and we nurture it.
Thank you for reading this open letter and letting me share my expertise. I ask that you share this with the public via media statement as we are all committed to promoting good health for all Albertans. If you or any of the public wish to contact me with a question or comment, I would love to hear from you. I can best be reached [email protected].
Sincerely,
Chris Schaefer
Director
SafeCom Training Services Inc.

This individual, while maybe had conducted fit testing on workers. Is not a recognized expert in this field. If he were.... he would at the very least have a few letters after his name. When you work hard to earn those letters, you never forget to include them.

This guy is a health and safety consultant. That doesn’t mean anything. With no regulation in the field anyone can start up their own business and call themselves whatever they want. That is what he has done.

His services offered are very basic and non technical in nature. He is a health and safety bottom feeder.

He is not an expert in this subject and a generalist at best. This is very evident in his letter. He is misspeaking on many points and does not even fully understand the subject he is speaking about. Some very key points he is missing by miles upon miles.

I see this very very easily.... and while I have a pretty good nose for bullshit I am far from an expert in this field.... but I definitely know more than this guy.

This is probably more about selling a book than being concerned. Let’s not forget that little tidbit of information. A book about Coronavirus conspiracy no less.

If anyone would like I can formally pick apart every single line of that letter and tell you why it’s bullshit. Yes, there are some truths muddled in there but they are perverted by other things he either tries to veil or just plain doesn’t understand.

One very important one of not knowing the difference between respirator and source control mask. The second very important one being that while he may have worked in industrial applications, he has very obviously not worked in infection control.

He is a bullshit artist speaking over his head. This is the most dangerous type out there.

Please let me know if you want to tell me why he’s wrong. It will take a lot of time that I don’t have but if it’s important to board members I will do it.

3 people here know why I feel comfortable saying what I am saying here. All folks that I trust and hope they know why this is important to me.

This individual, while maybe had conducted fit testing on workers. Is not a recognized expert in this field. If he were.... he would at the very least have a few letters after his name. When you work hard to earn those letters, you never forget to include them.

This guy is a health and safety consultant. That doesn’t mean anything. With no regulation in the field anyone can start up their own business and call themselves whatever they want. That is what he has done.

His services offered are very basic and non technical in nature. He is a health and safety bottom feeder.

He is not an expert in this subject and a generalist at best. This is very evident in his letter. He is misspeaking on many points and does not even fully understand the subject he is speaking about. Some very key points he is missing by miles upon miles.

I see this very very easily.... and while I have a pretty good nose for bullshit I am far from an expert in this field.... but I definitely know more than this guy.

This is probably more about selling a book than being concerned. Let’s not forget that little tidbit of information. A book about Coronavirus conspiracy no less.

If anyone would like I can formally pick apart every single line of that letter and tell you why it’s bullshit. Yes, there are some truths muddled in there but they are perverted by other things he either tries to veil or just plain doesn’t understand.

One very important one of not knowing the difference between respirator and source control mask. The second very important one being that while he may have worked in industrial applications, he has very obviously not worked in infection control.

He is a bullshit artist speaking over his head. This is the most dangerous type out there.

Please let me know if you want to tell me why he’s wrong. It will take a lot of time that I don’t have but if it’s important to board members I will do it.

3 people here know why I feel comfortable saying what I am saying here. All folks that I trust and hope they know why this is important to me.
of all the news real and fake or real fake, I have never heard of people who religiously used masks correctly still getting covid. To be honest, I'm surprised a conspiracy generator didn't try it..."FLASH! Wear the mask and still DIE! DIE! DIE! Undisclosed board member in prominent PPE company admits that they're just making a profit off the poor suckers wearing masks! When asked why he said, "Why not? They're just gonna die anyway. Why not make a little off them first?""

No, I don't think that is really that necessary to prove him wrong, I believe what he wrote was obviously his opinion. I don't think there is an ulterior motive. And yes, he doesn't have any letters but letters besides ones name doesn't always mean that they're an expert either....there are a shit ton of individuals that have letters following their name that shouldn't.

Same here, gutting old buildings downtown when those neighborhoods were gentrified was a summer job for me. Lots of asbestos in there. Working in lots of attics when I did electrical, what a mess. I'd take mask breaks by taking a few deep breaths down my shirt.

But for all this Covid BS just wear a bandana. I'll just copy/paste from my reply in another thread;

They are easy to breathe through as they are wide open on the bottom, and material that you can see through the weave. Useless for medical reasons, but so far acceptable by goofball WHO standards.

I wear one snowboarding, dirtbiking, etc, and I'm breathing heavy and never have any problems being short of breath.

After the wild fires in 2016, i came back first day allowed, and was told need fucking near a hazmat suit cause toxicity in the air, so had a brand new full face respirator from Acklunds that seals from forehead to chin. I just opened it a few weeks ago to do the demo at my house. Gyprock, insulation and mold. Gets hot but so much easier to breathe and see what i am doing. i have n95but hate them after 5 min. Cant work long in one.
i wear a bandana while quadding for dust, but have forced air induction there from speed. To walk around with my mouth and nose covered kills me.