If you had to pick 5 lifts/movements

Squats
Deadlifts
Supinated grip chins
Incline bench
Smith machine military

Reason being, not one muscle group would be left out.

Squats
Deadlifts
Supinated grip chins
Incline bench
Smith machine military

Reason being, not one muscle group would be left out.
yep you would hit every thing and these are all compound exercises that u can use quite a bit of weight on.

I am with Novitec here on using compound exercises and hitting the whole body. I would only vary it a little bit do to some injuries I have

1. Squats - thighs, hams, lower back most but the whole back should be tightened if you are using some weight
2. Deadlifts - similar to squat depending how u do them … wide or conventional … I normally varied from time to time
3. bench - back triceps pecs and shoulders are worked hard here
4. alternate front side and bent delt dumbell laterals - Have injured anterior left delt tear and scare tissue so overhead stuff is out of the question otherwise an over head press of some sort
5. pullup (alternate wide and medium) - hits back shoulder (including traps) and biceps

Ohhh crap missed calves. We all do that though, add in one legged calve raises standing on a stair or block, alternate back and forth, use dumbbell if bodyweight is to light

Nothing for real delts

rear delts are hit in the bent dumbell laterals.

4) alternate front side and bent delt dumbell laterals - Have injured anterior left delt tear and scare tissue so overhead stuff is out of the question otherwise an over head press of some sort

rear delts are hit in the bent dumbell laterals.

4) alternate front side and bent delt dumbell laterals - Have injured anterior left delt tear and scare tissue so overhead stuff is out of the question otherwise an over head press of some sort

I meant to quote Novitec, which i was referring to his top 5 lifts that hit everything. No rear delt work. I don't think OHP will hit rear delts enough at all.

I meant to quote Novitec, which i was referring to his top 5 lifts that hit everything. No rear delt work. I don't think OHP will hit rear delts enough at all.
No problem, I never heard the acronym OHP before? Define please.

Well this would depend on the look I was going for.

If no one ever saw my legs
Lateral raises
Bicep curls
Tri pressdown
Incline dumbells
Calve raises.

There I’d look good in board shorts and a tank top, lol.

Ok my wife’s selection

Chip dips
Beer curls
Pretzel twists
Peanut butter cup pull up
Popcorn chest presses (popcorn presses)

And she says that sounds more like my training regiment.

Deads
Squats
Viking press (military press wreaks havoc on my shoulders these days)
Dips
Chins