I Hate Caloric Deficits <.<

SonOfOdin

Patience, Determination, Success
Trusted Member
New year new goals, I’ve plateaued at my max weight of 248lbs and no matter how much I ate or trained I maintained that weight. So speaking with a colleague we discussed that in order to progress in weight gain I must drop my BF% down significantly first.

So I’m maintaining 2 grams of protein per kilogram as my weight fluctuates, which means daily weigh ins to adjust. I’m dropping my caloric intake to a maximum of 2000 calories a day I burn on average 3200 a day. The calories will decrease on weekends when I’m less active holding a 1500 calorie run Saturday’s & Sunday’s.

The water intake will also increase to 3 gallons a day to assist the negative aspects of the deficit. I hate the feeling of being hungry. I will be doing 0 PEDs until I reach my goal. Then keeping with the clean eating and caloric maintenance in theory it should be easier to hit my weight goals and breach new PRs.

These are breakfast and suppers below. It also cuts costs down tremendously on the road so I can also invest in a leg press. < those mother fuckers are pricey.

Wish me luck as I dwindle away to nothing. Hahaha Cheers!

Regards
SonOfOdin

Attachments

• 3A06EFB5-7E15-4D5F-99A2-403E5379DE00.jpeg
    3A06EFB5-7E15-4D5F-99A2-403E5379DE00.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 21
Shit brother 2000 cals a day at 248? I'll be eating 2600 at 215 with around a 500 cal deficit

You're a stronger man than me hopefully that's enough food to keep ya going

Last edited:
I think you’re setting yourself up for failure. It’s too big of a cut at once.

You’ll only drop fat at a certain rate, the goal should always be to get as lean as possible on as much food as possible.
I respect that idea Zuespas! I may bump to 2300, however I’ve already come down to 3000 from 3800/4000 the past couple months. I know it’s a steep dip but I’m gonna ride this dragon out until the first of July. I’ve witnessed it done just need to time everything right ;) 2.5 to 3 lbs a week down is my goal it’s doable with my excess mass.

Regards
SonOfOdin

28lbs down, another 20 to go. Caloric deficit is going very well, first week was a bomber tired and lethargic have since balanced out blood sugars are good & mobility has increased. Doing 30 minutes cardio AM, 30 minutes heavy sets in the afternoon and One hour in the evenings split between calisthenics and the resistance bands at 150lbs resistance.

Regards
SonOfOdin

Attachments

• 1219506B-A894-4DE7-A88A-4F28FDD4B594.jpeg
    1219506B-A894-4DE7-A88A-4F28FDD4B594.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 11
I think you’re setting yourself up for failure. It’s too big of a cut at once.

You’ll only drop fat at a certain rate, the goal should always be to get as lean as possible on as much food as possible.
In 16 weeks i lost 50 lbs (260lbs to 210lbs) and maintained significant muscle so what you are shooting for is possible ... I had a coach and the time to invest in training. It will be harder without gear but if you tighten up you diet and do a lot of hiit cardio I think you can reach it ... no problems as you have 8 more weeks than I did to achieve your goal. I was able to maintain as much muscle as possible through carb cycling. I am not saying your going to be able to maintain this level of weight for very long as I felt like shit ( you always feel like shit before competition ) how ever you can achieve your goal of getting lean as fuck in 20 weeks.

In 16 weeks i lost 50 lbs (260lbs to 210lbs) and maintained significant muscle so what you are shooting for is possible ... I had a coach and the time to invest in training. It will be harder without gear but if you tighten up you diet and do a lot of hiit cardio I think you can reach it ... no problems as you have 8 more weeks than I did to achieve your goal. I was able to maintain as much muscle as possible through carb cycling. I am not saying your going to be able to maintain this level of weight for very long as I felt like shit ( you always feel like shit before competition ) how ever you can achieve your goal of getting lean as fuck in 20 weeks.
Chug a lug chug a lug! Just gotta keep grinding! Thanks PG

Regards
SonOfOdin

Reactions: PGM
Another chunk down! Switched up the diet a bit still maintaining the caloric goal. Energy and mood has been excellent. Dropped the microwave healthy choice meals due to sodium. Switched to shakes and simple carb whole foods !

Regards
SonOfOdin

Attachments

• 35434EB4-C0B4-4491-81C0-4F0F530A52FD.jpeg
    35434EB4-C0B4-4491-81C0-4F0F530A52FD.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 8
Also! Found a flavour saver to give the plain meals some pizazz haha that and my massive collection of hot sauce.

Regards
SonOfOdin

Attachments

• 6C1B5036-FEC7-4E3B-98E0-A1280FD7DF04.jpeg
    6C1B5036-FEC7-4E3B-98E0-A1280FD7DF04.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 4
I am on a weight lose pla now and it is hiit cardio for 20 minutes a day right now... 1 min slow 1 min sprint .... burns the fat off of you. I will increase to 2 sessions once I am use to 1 session, I dont eat much and only eat when i am hungry so weight lose via diet is easy. i don' like a lot of sugar and carbs any wa,... I like meat and veggies, peanut butter(natural) eggs, shrimp etc. so 240 from 260 in 3 months for me ... end of april will not be bad.. your journy will be successful as well if you keep your eye on the ball. I weigh my self daily. I have my goal weight on my computer, fridge door, phone etc.

I am on a weight lose pla now and it is hiit cardio for 20 minutes a day right now... 1 min slow 1 min sprint .... burns the fat off of you. I will increase to 2 sessions once I am use to 1 session, I dont eat much and only eat when i am hungry so weight lose via diet is easy. i don' like a lot of sugar and carbs any wa,... I like meat and veggies, peanut butter(natural) eggs, shrimp etc. so 240 from 260 in 3 months for me ... end of april will not be bad.. your journy will be successful as well if you keep your eye on the ball. I weigh my self daily. I have my goal weight on my computer, fridge door, phone etc.
I’m just adjusting now and kicking down a gear, writing down exactly what I’m eating each day and sticking to it. Going super simple! After this cut I’m going to do a super clean bulk and try to hit 270lb by Christmas
Regards
SonOfOdin

Slow but surely, dropped pant sizes. Only have Khakis left still XXL in the chest area. Implemented 100 push ups, 100 sit ups & 100 free weight squats a day. Still maintaining a caloric deficit.

Regards
SonOfOdin

Attachments

• A5998076-511A-4986-983A-51EDE4664E99.jpeg
    A5998076-511A-4986-983A-51EDE4664E99.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5