How would you setup a diet to cut fat WHILE building muscle?

Synyster

Trusted Member
Wondering what type of diet you would use? Carb cycling... Feeling out heavy day amounts and size as u go? or carbnite? Or maybe carbs only pre intra and post?

Where would u guys start?

60+% Pro, Carb cycling with daily amounts based on workload (more on leg day for example), carbs peri-workout as you said, more heavily weighted towards preWO.
Pretty tough go especially as an experienced guy as I'm sure you are aware but it can be done. Anabolic steroids may be helpful in such an attempt :). Your choices in that dept could have some effect as well, I'd have var and primo in the mix myself

I tried carb cycling and it worked well while taking TRT and Primo. Primo helps you keep your muscle in a deficit.
I am not worried about having a 6 pack or being sub 10% BF so I was content to cut my BF down to see some ab definition while getting stronger, more vascular, and my weight went by 10 lbs.
Only negative for me was it took a while to get use to the hunger pains while on the low carb days. Asked a friend who competes and he said to drink a ton of water and give it time. I found a tablespoon of two of almond butter took away the cravings for carbs and has healthy fats.

I recall you saying you had aspirations of some competitions so be careful not to aim for ultra heavy lifts without giving your body the building blocks to support it.

Good luck

As already said, very high protein, carbs only around workout, cardio 20-30mins 5 days a week and decent quality gear. Maybe 1 or 2 cheat meals a month max
Yep this with lots of fiber, EFA’s and some tren if you can tolerate it.

As already said, very high protein, carbs only around workout, cardio 20-30mins 5 days a week and decent quality gear. Maybe 1 or 2 cheat meals a month max
Semi - off topic, sorry OP.

Lots of times when cutting I will get in the habit of weighing myself every morning post bowel evacuation. To be clear I could not care less what I weigh really, only how I look, feel and perform. If I'm trying to measure fat level I do it with a tape measure around naval. It's interesting that's all.

If I do a cheat meal it often will be over the top like 3500-4500 cals , 400 carbs , 150+pro, 100 fat, Pizza, pasta shit like that.

Very often the next morning I'm down on my self about blowing my cut, wasting all the effort I put in etc. Then I drop a load and weigh myself.

Probably 8 out of 10 times my weight is down 2-6 lbs and it stays down. IOW the new weight lost doesn't come back in a few days, I just carry on with my cut having made a large leap in progress literally overnight. WTF?

I've looked at it in every way I know how to but none of my speculations ever add up, truly mystifying to me. First thought would be water weight but that doesn't seem to fit either.

Anywhoo, just yapping out loud here not something I'd recommend risking if time limits for a cut are at play but maybe worth a shot if you can justify the risk of going backwards?

Semi - off topic, sorry OP.

Lots of times when cutting I will get in the habit of weighing myself every morning post bowel evacuation. To be clear I could not care less what I weigh really, only how I look, feel and perform. If I'm trying to measure fat level I do it with a tape measure around naval. It's interesting that's all.

If I do a cheat meal it often will be over the top like 3500-4500 cals , 400 carbs , 150+pro, 100 fat, Pizza, pasta shit like that.

Very often the next morning I'm down on my self about blowing my cut, wasting all the effort I put in etc. Then I drop a load and weigh myself.

Probably 8 out of 10 times my weight is down 2-6 lbs and it stays down. IOW the new weight lost doesn't come back in a few days, I just carry on with my cut having made a large leap in progress literally overnight. WTF?

I've looked at it in every way I know how to but none of my speculations ever add up, truly mystifying to me. First thought would be water weight but that doesn't seem to fit either.

Anywhoo, just yapping out loud here not something I'd recommend risking if time limits for a cut are at play but maybe worth a shot if you can justify the risk of going backwards?
Thats not how my body works. Fucking wish it did tho.
I usually just gain a couple of pounds from the re feed then after the water comes off, progress happens quickly. But if i cheat every week then i lose less bf a month then i do when i stick to every 2 weeks

Thanks for the input dudes.

Ive only really been thinking it over for a couple days now but so far im leaning towards starting off with straight ketosis diet for 3 to 4 weeks to really reset my insulin sensitivity and of course lose some quick BF.
After that I'll spend another 3 or 4 weeks with higher protein and slowly adding more base carbs week by week.
By week 4 or so I'd like to do a carb cycling sort of approach with low days (off)... Medium days (arms and delts) and high days (push pull legs).

For gear I'm torn between running 1gram of test a week with pretty high aromas in and leaving it there. Or going the other approach and running anavar, primo, and a tiny bit of test. My ego will want me to run NPP I know that much. But well see

Thanks for the input dudes.

Ive only really been thinking it over for a couple days now but so far im leaning towards starting off with straight ketosis diet for 3 to 4 weeks to really reset my insulin sensitivity and of course lose some quick BF.
After that I'll spend another 3 or 4 weeks with higher protein and slowly adding more base carbs week by week.
By week 4 or so I'd like to do a carb cycling sort of approach with low days (off)... Medium days (arms and delts) and high days (push pull legs).

For gear I'm torn between running 1gram of test a week with pretty high aromas in and leaving it there. Or going the other approach and running anavar, primo, and a tiny bit of test. My ego will want me to run NPP I know that much. But well see
Am running low test high primo and 40 mg var now am dropping body fat but gains are slow as am use to running tren but on the up side I feel much better then I do on a heavy tren cycle