How To Work Out When You’re High By Herb Approach

Taureau

Administrator
Working out when you’re high is different from working out when you’re sober. While it may seem like working out when you’re high is impossible, the truth is that it’s actually not as complicated as people make it seem.

In fact, there are many ways to work out while high without any negative side effects. Working out when you’re high isn’t any more challenging than working out when you’re sober. If a little sweating and grunting won’t bother you then give it a go! Here we’ll explain how to get in shape while stoned so that you don’t end up unhealthy and unhealthier than before.

how-to-work-out-high

Start with a smaller dose

If you decide to partake in cannabis before your exercise, you’re not using it to get extremely baked. So the right amount of weed should really be a pretty small, a good 3 – 4 puffs will get you a mild buzz to power through your workout. You don’t want to smoke too much that you become lazy and crash into fatigue.

What happens when you work out when you’re high?

The same as working out when you’re sober. You go to the gym, do some cardio, lift weights, and do your reps. However, working out while high can cause you to have some weird experiences. This doesn’t mean you will have a bad workout experience; it’s just something to be aware of. Some people claim that when they’re high, they sweat more, feel more tired, and have a stronger reaction to smells than when they’re sober. Other people claim to be able to work out harder and longer. So, if you’re really looking to push yourself, then working out when high probably isn’t for you. That said, you won’t especially fail; you’ll just have to carefully choose your methods and keep an eye on how you’re feeling.

Why is it helpful to workout stoned?

If you don’t exercise, your body won’t get any fitter. However, if you exercise while high, you will get a boost of endorphins and feel much more relaxed than normal. Additionally, you’ll have more energy and may also be more chatty and social than usual. All of these benefits can help you keep your head screwed on straight, so to speak.

Benefits of Working Out When You’re High

Feeling good about yourself makes you feel better about interacting with others. This can potentially lead to better self-esteem and even confidence when you interact with people outside of the gym. Increased levels of endorphins are great for reducing stress and improving your mood. Depending on what sport you’re into, working out stoned can lead to a boost in your athletic abilities. This could be useful for sports like parkour and competitive weightlifting.

safety-tips-for-work-out

Safety tips when you’re high on weed

When you’re high and working out with friends, make sure you have a designated workout partner. This can help prevent one person from dominating the session and ruining the experience for everyone else. Make sure you stay well-hydrated while working out. Working out while high can cause you to sweat more than when you’re sober. Make sure you eat before you work out. Working out stoned can cause your body to break down muscle and use up energy more quickly than when you’re sober.

How to Work Out When You’re High

Make sure you choose the right workout type for your high. If you’re working out with weights, you need to make sure you don’t lift too heavy. Working out too heavy when high could lead to fatigue and cramping. If you’re working out regularly, you don’t need to worry about taking it too seriously. However, working out when high should be treated as a once-off. Choose a workout intensity that’s suitable for you when high. If you’re really cramping, you need to take a break.

Conclusion

Working out when you’re high is possible, it just takes a little planning. Workout type, frequency, and intensity should be carefully planned to make sure you’re safe and don’t end up with an injury. If you follow the tips outlined in this article, you should be able to get in shape while stoned. Remember, it’s not a race. Don’t get discouraged if you start to feel a little tired during your workout. That’s totally normal! Working out while high will push you to your limits and make you feel tired, but don’t let it stop you. Instead, take a break and get back to it when you’re feeling better.

I used to smoke a lot of weed whn I was younger , before it became legal.
I found it was good for helping to eat the massive amount of food my trainer had me on back than.
But whenever I smoked before the gym my workouts really suffered , it was good because I became focused , but not so good because I was gassed out before I was done all the work I had to do.
I’ve got a coue buddies who do it all the time and swear by it though .
Not for me anymore though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working out when you’re high is different from working out when you’re sober. While it may seem like working out when you’re high is impossible, the truth is that it’s actually not as complicated as people make it seem.

In fact, there are many ways to work out while high without any negative side effects. Working out when you’re high isn’t any more challenging than working out when you’re sober. If a little sweating and grunting won’t bother you then give it a go! Here we’ll explain how to get in shape while stoned so that you don’t end up unhealthy and unhealthier than before.

how-to-work-out-high

Start with a smaller dose

If you decide to partake in cannabis before your exercise, you’re not using it to get extremely baked. So the right amount of weed should really be a pretty small, a good 3 – 4 puffs will get you a mild buzz to power through your workout. You don’t want to smoke too much that you become lazy and crash into fatigue.

What happens when you work out when you’re high?

The same as working out when you’re sober. You go to the gym, do some cardio, lift weights, and do your reps. However, working out while high can cause you to have some weird experiences. This doesn’t mean you will have a bad workout experience; it’s just something to be aware of. Some people claim that when they’re high, they sweat more, feel more tired, and have a stronger reaction to smells than when they’re sober. Other people claim to be able to work out harder and longer. So, if you’re really looking to push yourself, then working out when high probably isn’t for you. That said, you won’t especially fail; you’ll just have to carefully choose your methods and keep an eye on how you’re feeling.

Why is it helpful to workout stoned?

If you don’t exercise, your body won’t get any fitter. However, if you exercise while high, you will get a boost of endorphins and feel much more relaxed than normal. Additionally, you’ll have more energy and may also be more chatty and social than usual. All of these benefits can help you keep your head screwed on straight, so to speak.

Benefits of Working Out When You’re High

Feeling good about yourself makes you feel better about interacting with others. This can potentially lead to better self-esteem and even confidence when you interact with people outside of the gym. Increased levels of endorphins are great for reducing stress and improving your mood. Depending on what sport you’re into, working out stoned can lead to a boost in your athletic abilities. This could be useful for sports like parkour and competitive weightlifting.

safety-tips-for-work-out

Safety tips when you’re high on weed

When you’re high and working out with friends, make sure you have a designated workout partner. This can help prevent one person from dominating the session and ruining the experience for everyone else. Make sure you stay well-hydrated while working out. Working out while high can cause you to sweat more than when you’re sober. Make sure you eat before you work out. Working out stoned can cause your body to break down muscle and use up energy more quickly than when you’re sober.

How to Work Out When You’re High

Make sure you choose the right workout type for your high. If you’re working out with weights, you need to make sure you don’t lift too heavy. Working out too heavy when high could lead to fatigue and cramping. If you’re working out regularly, you don’t need to worry about taking it too seriously. However, working out when high should be treated as a once-off. Choose a workout intensity that’s suitable for you when high. If you’re really cramping, you need to take a break.

Conclusion

Working out when you’re high is possible, it just takes a little planning. Workout type, frequency, and intensity should be carefully planned to make sure you’re safe and don’t end up with an injury. If you follow the tips outlined in this article, you should be able to get in shape while stoned. Remember, it’s not a race. Don’t get discouraged if you start to feel a little tired during your workout. That’s totally normal! Working out while high will push you to your limits and make you feel tired, but don’t let it stop you. Instead, take a break and get back to it when you’re feeling better.
Interesting

I'm a pot user, but extremly mild and only before bed.., When I was younger I deffinitely abused it.

Either way, everyone responds differently to it. I know I wouldnt' be able to lift even medium weights stoned.. hell, I doubt I'd get out the front door with my paranoia lol..

I do have friends who loved lifting high when I was younger though. None were any type of strong man or body building type.. They just worked out to improve their beach body slightly.

I'm very much against driving high.. If your hitting the gym high, there's a good chance your driving there high.. for me, thats not ok.

I found working out after getting high improves the mind muscle connection especially if you are doing higher volume exercises. It was never good for PRs

Great post. I never found it made me stronger. But if you just want to get a good pump its great. Really get yourself in the zone and focus in the mind muscleconnection. Do Not count reps, you will be amazed what you can do. You can just keep going.

Just make sure you dont smoke too much, save that for post workout, Have your post workout meal ready so you dont get lazy to cook, and stop for fast food on the way home.

Last edited:
Thanks for the good read on a different approach. I did it when I was young with my friend and I found that I sober up as soon as I start sweating. I’m normally a very sweaty performer at anything I do so it might be a contributing factor. Will try this again for sure this time with different tolerance.

One problem I have is overdoing the smoking which leads to laziness. But it’s great when I get to the state where I really feel music and can enjoy my time with whatever task I’m doing.

I have worked out while high in weed more than I have worked out without weed.
I get right in the zone. I get stronger and it lets me drop any other thoughts of work or life etc and focus only on my lifts.
Over thirty years lifting and I guarantee only maybe thirty workouts without weed, maybe less. Due to forgetting my joint at home. I smoke just before I go in. Not twenty mins before, just before and then ear buds go in and all chatter stops. Momma been doing it with me for almost twenty years. She doesn’t smoke though before working out.
Love it.

Im shocked how many of you do this. I thought I was all alone. Most people cant do it from my experience, they get lazy, cut the workout short. Also why I workout alone and really dont care what anyone else does in the gym when I get in the zone.

Also, I find to make it easier and more convenient, using a 510 cartridge is very handy, discreet (no smoke or burnt cannabis smell) and quick.
I usually hit a little dab, pens are very convenient though if you can get full spec instead of distillate.

Ya that distillate is junk, only lasts like 15mins I find

Distillate is just pure THC no other cannabinoids or terpenes, flavonoids, etc. Most places will separate THC from the crude oil via distillation and reintroduce fake or "botanical" terpenes after. I find it just gives you a head high, my buddy's joke around and we all call it hotdog water cause its so bad lol.

Majority of extracts like distillate come from moldy bug riddled flower as well, if it was good to begin with no need to blast/distill it usually.

I prefer the solvent-less approach with rosin or live hash rosin tbh, no chemicals introduced and full spec from start to finish.

Im shocked how many of you do this. I thought I was all alone. Most people cant do it from my experience, they get lazy, cut the workout short. Also why I workout alone and really dont care what anyone else does in the gym when I get in the zone.
I am also happy to see others partaking. For me, i get energy and focus. My buddies pop ephedrine and other pre work stims on the way to the gym, i blaze a few tokes 5 mins before i go in and i am in the zone. Weed does me well. My friends are always shocked and wonder how folks like us can do it prior to the gym, as you mentioned, they get lazy etc. If i sit on the couch and waqtch a movie i will get lazy, but if i have a goal or task to do physically, like building stuff or packing to move or go to gym, i am in for a hoot or 3.lol