How to bottle top filter?

Is this pretty much everything I need?

google it and you will find some videos on it. That is what I always do when presented with a "How to" question
yes that filter is fine and so is the vacuum pump. if your doing any sort of volume you will want an electric pump. try amazon for that :)

google it and you will find some videos on it. That is what I always do when presented with a "How to" question
yes that filter is fine and so is the vacuum pump. if your doing any sort of volume you will want an electric pump. try amazon for that :)

Not much volume, I'm just tired of syringe filters breaking and fucking everything up so on to bottle top system :)

totally agree with the electric pump. if it is not to ,much of a cost.

.22 whatman.
I always used .45 micron. Never had any bad batches. I tried the smaller micron I think it might have been .22 and damn could not get the gear through the filter no matter how hot I kept the mixture. Never had any pip issues using the .45 and I would get about 5 10 mls btls out of a .45 filter. Anyway just a thought. I was going to switch to a pump ... but if you are doing small batches like 10 10ml at a time the .45 is adequate. The first 3 bottles are really quick until the filter starts filling up with shit on the 4th and 5th.

I always used .45 micron. Never had any bad batches. I tried the smaller micron I think it might have been .22 and damn could not get the gear through the filter no matter how hot I kept the mixture. Never had any pip issues using the .45 and I would get about 5 10 mls btls out of a .45 filter. Anyway just a thought. I was going to switch to a pump ... but if you are doing small batches like 10 10ml at a time the .45 is adequate. The first 3 bottles are really quick until the filter starts filling up with shit on the 4th and 5th.

You used .45 really lol? Shit everything I read/have read says to use .22 cause .45 don't stop nearly as much as .22 does. I use 100ml syringes and fill 50ml vials and it's fairly easy as I use the calking gun method, but every now and then a filter is just shit and blows with little pressure on it usually when the vial is half full lol and I'm just sick of that nonsense.

What electric vacuum pump are you guys suggesting ?

Seen this on amazon

Looks cheap as fuck https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083...ZCTQ6SW#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

OR

Last edited:
What electric vacuum pump are you guys suggesting ?

Seen this on amazon

Looks cheap as fuck https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083...ZCTQ6SW#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

OR

unless I’m missing it the cheaper one doesn’t mention flow rate. That’s a little suspect. But the reviews are good though.... if they’re legitimate. For 30 bucks you could gamble and possibly luck out.

the other one appears to be a superior product.

But perhaps not needed for the weekend warrior type if you catch what I’m saying. Think princess auto. If I change my tires from snows to all seasons once a year and that’s all the wear and tear the tools get, I’ll buy my sockets from princess auto because I don’t need quality tools exactly and save some money.... but if I’m a mechanic and use these tools everyday no way will I go that route. They’ll be shitty and busted in no time.

Brake bleeders. Two at a time to save time as it takes over an hour to do 500ml. You will need to get up to about 25psi for 22 micron filters
1hour ?! Thats a cheap alternative tho.. Brake bleeders are like 20-40$

Wouldnt it be better with an electric vacuum pump lol. Like the ones i posted

Be careful you don't use too much negative pressure. The viscosity will determine pass rate through the filter. I use GSO but if you use say EO then the rate of which is passes through the filter is much quicker. Warmer is good but not too hot. Be careful you don't use nylon filters with glycol. They will melt. Is the electric vacuum adjustable?

Edit- I see that Joanlab is 0.075Mpa so it's just under 11psi. That's a bit less than half of what you may need.

Be careful you don't use too much negative pressure. The viscosity will determine pass rate through the filter. I use GSO but if you use say EO then the rate of which is passes through the filter is much quicker. Warmer is good but not too hot. Be careful you don't use nylon filters with glycol. They will melt. Is the electric vacuum adjustable?

Edit- I see that Joanlab is 0.075Mpa so it's just under 11psi. That's a bit less than half of what you may need.
Oh shit ok.. Is 11psi enough to filter or not even..

One time use correct for about 500ml. I often brew smaller batches of deca, tren, mast, etc at about 100-200ml so I can do a few with one filter. There is a touch of residual left in the filter after each pass but it is minuscule. You will see the filter pad start to get dirty and the flow rate will start to drop. If it gets too dirty or flow rate drops too much I simply dump the remainder into a new filter and continue the process. Each solution gets a fresh, clean bottle to filter into though.