How much ai on TRT do you use

Hi...good discussion.

the term "dialled in" needs to be defined for TRT.

I personally think there is a significant difference between dialled in and "Feel best #" especially for those that have experienced being super physiological. Those are generally mutually exclusive things.

bastardizing @gondar1 from a few years ago (and i believe on the old forum). DIaled in is your max dosage of Testosterone without needing an AI. And all key BW makers are within range. And that number is different for everyone...and change over time depending on age, diet, general health, etc.

Dialied in TRT is very important A. for general health and B. if you plan to deviate from this level and blast, boost, cruise, etc you know where to retreat or return to if you run into issue or simple need to return to a healthy dosage.

I see many people confuse this with "how they like to feel." This includes mood, ibido, well being, muscle recovery and growth, etc. My "feel best' (FB #) is when my free test is 800-900 and my E2 is 22- 25pg/ml. This for me is not Dialed in. This for me is not realistic for 52 weeks per year. As i need an AI to achieve the E2 number, my test dosage is north of 120mg per week and hemoglobin get a little high over time. (with donating).

SO my dialed in number is 100mg per week no AI. But my feel best number is 150-200mg per week with 6.25 asin every 7-10 days. OR 100mg test E7D plus 100mg Primo E5D.

Its is important to know the difference and understand what each of the Dialed in and Feel Best numbers are. PS a very tedious process to determine by the way.
This is a fantastic writeup of the difference between dialed in and feel good, i never thought about it that way till i read that.đź‘Śđź‘Ś

I will try it out maybe using the aromasin on my own then try wear him down more.
I also can definitely attest to times I have got anxiety and was aware i was low.
However for me, I have consistently had a SHBG of 10-11, So I do believe I may convert more to e2.
When bloodwork is done on trough day before next injection, Im a touch higher at like 24-25 where he would like to see met at,
so makes me wonder then what my e2 is at 24hrs post injection and the next day if im way high and that is causing some of my issues
I have been considering dropping my TRT dose to like 80mg / wk and starting over to see where I can get up to without any Ai usage.
Its been 5 years and frustrating.

Thanks for your replies!

When I obtained aromasin from my endo I outlined the favourable lipid profile for long-term usage, as well as the fact that it's much harder to crush E2. It can be done, been there, done it, over and over. lol He wasn't familiar with the compound, but after looking it up and confirming those attributes he agreed that it was the better option.

If you haven't viewed this thread on SHBG, there's excellent info on SHBG. https://www.canadianbrawn.com/threads/shbg-its-valuable-importance.5423/#post-99770

I'm with you on the frustration aspect of it all, especially low SHBG. Low SHBG is more problematic than most appreciate, and yeah, you would have higher E2 on average. Have you tried skipping the odd week or two, to see if the deficit would push up your shbg? It sounds like as your test levels wane your shbg normalizes. More frequent shots are supposed to help.

Zero AI while on anything under 200 mgs. In reality I use no AI anytime unless absolutely required. IMHO, it is one thing we utilize way too much while on.
Most have no clue what their levels are and you do not want to drive estro to low either.
It is a thing too many folks focus on and definitely not needed in many situations.

90mg no ai. My last blood work was at 120mg and I was still well over range on free T. I'm in still over at 90mg I'll go even lower. I'll just throw in a blast here and there for mass.

I also have a low(ish) SHBG ~24. I mentioned this in the other SHBG thread but there's some evidence that vit D supplementation may lower SHBG, while resveratrol may raise it. Based on that, I'm dropping my vit D and adding resV.

Are you taking any supplements? I really thinking I might drop supplements all together. I'll drop them for 3 weeks prior to a comprehensive panel and see how that goes. I need the border to open back up so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for bloodwork at clinics in Vancouver