How Long Does It Take to Lose Muscle?

By the 3rd week I’m slowly starting to lose muscle and after a month it’s fairly noticeable with no training whatsoever.

I know I start loosing a lot of strength after 2 weeks.
After 4 weeks, I've lost so much muscle. That it almost looks like I don't even lift.
So best for me to never take more than a week off!
Unfortunately with the gyms being closed as long as they were, I can say I've learned by experience how fast I loose muscle.
It sure is nice to be training hard again!!

I had certain circumstances that kept me away for training for long periods over 2 years. My body weight did not go down much and I did not lose a whole lot of muscle, but enough, especially from my arms and shoulders. Waist went out a bit. When I started training again, slow and steady, the strength and tightness cam back fairly quick... like within 2 months. I don't know why I rebounded so quick, it might have been that I have been athletic all my life and I always pushed my mind and body hard. I guess every one has different experiences with muscle loss. however training for me is more for mental health and strength than muscular size. The gaining of strength and the effort you have to put into is hard and I enjoy that... it makes me feel good ... alive.

I think anywhere from 2-5 wks depending on the individual will start to lose muscle size without training . I believe it just the muscle shrinks drastically, Once you have a good platform you rebound quickly . I’ve had two arm surgeries one in August and September and the rate that I shrink is insane . Just started to train this week slowly to get my muscles working. Figure once arms are fully healed it will take about 3-5 months to get everything back.

A lot probably has to do with diet
I went from 180lbs to like 110lbs in 2 months after I stopped working out and was super skinny
But I dieted cause I was worried I’d get fat since I stopped working out

I havent gone longer then a week without training in over 20 years. Theres been times when its put low on the priority list tho.
I know if i stop training i would be 300lbs in 6 months

I'd say after 1 week for me as my genetics don't want to hold weight. But I haven't really tested this as after 3 to 4 days off I start to get really antsy and I need to workout.

When there is no gym on vacation i've used the furniture in hotel rooms as gym equipment to get my fix.

5 days is optimal for a strength gain.
6 days is neutral
7 days is backwards

Honestly I trained very little in the last year and have barely lost any muscle mass, strength way down and fatter thou