Hockey cards

Damn bags if you still had that card.... imagine the coffee we could drink?!?!

brett hull is one of the biggest cunts I’ve ever had the pleasure not to meet.
When I was a kid I went to the hockey camp at Ridley College in St. Catherines. It was owned by Dennis Hull.

We were the oldest kids and had scrimmage at like 10:30. When we came out from changing all the NHLers and the camp guts ( junior players mostly) were on the ice. Obviously a of us were super excited Brett hull was there. There maybe was 20-25 of us that age. He was the only guy that didn’t come off the ice to talk to us and sign autographs. We all called him a pussy and ran out of the arena... lol!

who doesnt

Dave Andreychuk was probably the next most notable guy there that I remember. He was with the sabres at the time I think. Wasnt a leaf for some time after that.

Super Nice guy. He came out and played with us for the rest of the week.

Dennis hull came out with us too. He was an old man but fuck could he shoot the puck!

one of my favourite guys ever though was Brad Smith...Different school...... he used to swear like a sailor.... us kids thought is was awesome! Lol

he would bag skate us little fuckers when we would listen. Lol

I know it was 1966 Topps. He showed me the value on a handful of his cards in a hockey card book with how much they are worth. I don't remember him stating the Bobby Orr was worth 100k but at least 10k. This was also back 10+ years ago.
Yeah thoose are in good condition. I almost bought one for 4000 a few years back and it was only rated a 4.

Damn bags if you still had that card.... imagine the coffee we could drink?!?!

brett hull is one of the biggest cunts I’ve ever had the pleasure not to meet.
When I was a kid I went to the hockey camp at Ridley College in St. Catherines. It was owned by Dennis Hull.

We were the oldest kids and had scrimmage at like 10:30. When we came out from changing all the NHLers and the camp guts ( junior players mostly) were on the ice. Obviously a of us were super excited Brett hull was there. There maybe was 20-25 of us that age. He was the only guy that didn’t come off the ice to talk to us and sign autographs. We all called him a pussy and ran out of the arena... lol!

who doesnt

Dave Andreychuk was probably the next most notable guy there that I remember. He was with the sabres at the time I think. Wasnt a leaf for some time after that.

Super Nice guy. He came out and played with us for the rest of the week.

Dennis hull came out with us too. He was an old man but fuck could he shoot the puck!

one of my favourite guys ever though was Brad Smith...Different school...... he used to swear like a sailor.... us kids thought is was awesome! Lol

he would bag skate us little fuckers when we would listen. Lol

We would have nothing but the finest brew!
I saw Dennis Hull play too and yep he had a blistering drive. A friend of mine knew a bunch of NHL's and played with them at times (something to do with charity and the Sally Ann) and he said Domi was the nicest guy to be around.

Jim scheonfeld was the ugliest guy I played for. He was miserable as all fuck and tough.

I liked him. Loved no puck practice. Crushers till your puke. Probably more than 30 years ago.... lol

Have another donut you fat pig! Lol

I remember that.

koho is from Barrie 🙂
I was watching it with a bunch of students from my first attempt at a commercial club. We would train early to allow us to get most of the games in. The club died. The students are friends.

I’m pretty sure Jim lived local too. I think he either grew up in or at one time lived in lisle. Wee town just outside the base. That was the connection.

another super great guy who was local. Dan Maloney. I played against his kid. It was wonderful to kick the shit out of Barrie because they were the largest centre close by.

Mr. Maloney once told me I play a hell of a hockey game. My dad had to tell me who he was at the time. I almost shit my pants once I knew. I thought he was just some guy.

He signed a hockey card for me the next time we played his kid and him and my dad shot the shit. Didn’t mean a hell of a lot at the time but just shows what a down to earth guy he was. I know Brett Hull wouldn’t have done that! Lol!

best player I remember playing against was Jeff O’Neil. He was ridiculous. Like fucking ridiculous! You would pray him and his brother Ryan wouldn’t show up for a game. Big kids that would and could pound you and fuck could they move the puck. Made us look like asshats.

It really sets out just how talented the talented guys are. It would be unreal to have played against a true superstar. I mean O’Neil was a really good player, an exceptional one really...but he was no superstar. I couldn’t even imagine!

fuck.... this thread has went from informative for me to a walk down memory road!

I’m pretty sure Jim lived local too. I think he either grew up in or at one time lived in lisle. Wee town just outside the base. That was the connection.

another super great guy who was local. Dan Maloney. I played against his kid. It was wonderful to kick the shit out of Barrie because they were the largest centre close by.

Mr. Maloney once told me I play a hell of a hockey game. My dad had to tell me who he was at the time. I almost shit my pants once I knew. I thought he was just some guy.

He signed a hockey card for me the next time we played his kid and him and my dad shot the shit. Didn’t mean a hell of a lot at the time but just shows what a down to earth guy he was. I know Brett Hull wouldn’t have done that! Lol!

best player I remember playing against was Jeff O’Neil. He was ridiculous. Like fucking ridiculous! You would pray him and his brother Ryan wouldn’t show up for a game. Big kids that would and could pound you and fuck could they move the puck. Made us look like asshats.

It really sets out just how talented the talented guys are. It would be unreal to have played against a true superstar. I mean O’Neil was a really good player, an exceptional one really...but he was no superstar. I couldn’t even imagine!

fuck.... this thread has went from informative for me to a walk down memory road!
I have Paul Coffey stories from my Sally Ann friends. He would play without equipment, and nobody could touch him. The Sally Ann league was supposed to be pretty good, but regardless they had a lot of NHL'ers come by on Sunday to join up for a game when they were in town.
Man, talk about memories! The trainer for the Agincourt Sally Ann team was severely schizophrenic, and each Monday at the day program, he would greet me with who he met over the weekend. A lot of the Pros constantly give, even if it is simply their presence on the ice. Awesome guys.