Hemoglobin A1c

-Do you have labwork.
How did your doctor confirm low cortisol and low adrenaline.
- do you have thyroid issues etc.

I could literally destroy this thread on this topic, so if you prefer to start another one on this thread sometime ,then have at her, ill go there.

If your dhea is 6(i noticed you said this on another thread) then there could be an issues as dhea can counter cortisol. Dhea should be above 10 at least and that's first thing in the morning, if its low that could dictate an acth out- put problem, or definitely early signs of stress issues/adrenal issues.

I think you are confusion @Jerbear with me..

My DHEA was really low, around 4 I think? I was given 100mg a day of DHEA and now its over 10.. But my current doc wants me to stop taking it.. (old one who gave me the scrip is gone)

I don;t think you read my post correctly..

Type 2 diabetes IS insulin resistance.. it's where your body pumps out insulin but the insulin receptors are worn out and do not work in accepting inslunin to do its job of lowering blood sugar..

Type 1 is where your body does not produce insulin..

Type 2 diabetics are give metaformin and if it gets worse often given inslunin.. IMO the worst thing to do is give someone with type 2 inslunin because too much insluin is what caused the receptors to become resistant.. I really think your incorrect to give someone insulin when they have insulin resistance. Metaformin yes, not insulin.

I am on full keto diet.. I said this in my post.. Guessing less then 40-50 grams of carbs a day in total..

My thyroid is completely under control.. My TSH is 0.6.. I am on 150 mcg of synthroid.

Blood pressure is great.. better than my 125lb wife..

I've tried every friggin possible supplement/mineral/vitamin known to man that is supposed to lower blood sugar.. I monitor each thing I try with a blood sugar meter religiously.. The only one that truly had a lasting impact is Berberine.. But it's known to stunt protien synthesis and cause muscle break down.. I was on it 2x a day for 3 years.. it brought my BS down, but I stopped taking it to see if it is a contributing facotr to my multiple muscle tears I have had in the past 2-3 years.

What's the purpose of chekcing body temp? body temp is a good indication of metabolism and thyroid, but not sure why you suggest measuring it?

I should have stated I have absolutely ZERO symptoms of high blood sugar or diabetes.. like none.. nothing..
No your wrong. You havent listened to anything iv said for months, i told you this exact thing months ago, you said at the bottom you have no diabetic symptoms? Did you not have symptoms months ago when we were talking about this, remeber you were eating chocolate and a bunch of treats and then testing right after, you seemed pretty sure something was wrong then, thats when i told you to test 15min after then 2 hrs after, that would help tell us the status of if your insulin resistant or not or how bad , and then we talked about metformin and thyroid, and your stress

Type 2 isnt necessarily insulin resistance, some people just do not produce enough insulin, and some peoples beta cells are worn out from pumping out to much insulin and having low sensitivity, and from being resistant for a long time, from high stress situations or things like hypothyroidism, like i said you were months ago, or high stress.

You said, "IMO the worst thing to do is give someone with type 2 inslunin because too much insluin is what caused the receptors to become resistant." 🤔

That is the stupidest fucking thing iv ever heard.... too much god dam insulin didnt give me my insulin resistance or yours, stress etc improper thyroid etc not taking care of your body etc is what gives you insulin resistance,then burned out your beta cells because your body wasn't excepting the insulin anymore. So was it too much insulin or other underlying issues that caused this.

Your tsh means nothing, without a ft4 and ft3 have you done that yet you said you were going to... or you still tryin to tell me your good because your tsh is 0.6.... and your on 150mcg. Ft4 ft3 needs to be done. Current , look at jerber his tsh is 0.9 and ft4 is sunk and ft3. So .... i could show you 50 others with the same scenario. And you havent been able to show me any ft4 or ft3 labs, last you said you cant remember, was a long time ago.

The worst thing you can do is not treat it.

by giving insulin your giving your beta cells a break, giving them a chance to re group and heal and giving your self a chance to figure out wtf is wrong with your body in the first place. Your not going to shut your own insulin down by using insulin, if you stop taking insulin youll have and make what you did prior to taking insulin. The only difference will be are you still insulin resistant and did you fix the underlying issues that put you there in the first place.

Is metformin the first line of defense? You bet your ass it is i told you this months ago. For me metformin did not work, my stress was to high and metformin wasnt enough even at 2000mg
at that time i had to make drastic changes, i choosed to use insulin, in a 2 month period i brought my ac1 from a 5.7 to a 5.3, and my vision went back to normal etc.

I dont need lessons on diabetes or insulin, im very well educated on this issue as i use 40 uints of lantus daily with roughly 100 units a day of huma along with 1000mg of metformin.

I see you on hear lots, typically daily with issues, its like you have issues all the time, i and others try to help you, but it appears you really never listen, id take this opportunity to listen to what people say then maybe in a few months time you can get your blood surgar in order, amd other issues , im not being an asshole, im truly trying to help, but honestly feels like it goes in one ear and out the other and your on to the next thing thats bothering you.

No i didnt get you confused with jerber, i answered his question and i answerd yours, I answered your dhea question the other day on your thread. As you can see i replied to his question.

No your wrong. You havent listened to anything iv said for months, i told you this exact thing months ago, you said at the bottom you have no diabetic symptoms? Did you not have symptoms months ago when we were talking about this, remeber you were eating chocolate and a bunch of treats and then testing right after, you seemed pretty sure something was wrong then, thats when i told you to test 15min after then 2 hrs after, that would help tell us the status of if your insulin resistant or not or how bad , and then we talked about metformin and thyroid, and your stress

Type 2 isnt necessarily insulin resistance, some people just do not produce enough insulin, and some peoples beta cells are worn out from pumping out to much insulin and having low sensitivity, and from being resistant for a long time, from high stress situations or things like hypothyroidism, like i said you were months ago, or high stress.

You said, "IMO the worst thing to do is give someone with type 2 inslunin because too much insluin is what caused the receptors to become resistant." 🤔

That is the stupidest fucking thing iv ever heard.... too much god dam insulin didnt give me my insulin resistance or yours, stress etc improper thyroid etc not taking care of your body etc is what gives you insulin resistance,then burned out your beta cells because your body wasn't excepting the insulin anymore. So was it too much insulin or other underlying issues that caused this.

Your tsh means nothing, without a ft4 and ft3 have you done that yet you said you were going to... or you still tryin to tell me your good because your tsh is 0.6.... and your on 150mcg. Ft4 ft3 needs to be done. Current , look at jerber his tsh is 0.9 and ft4 is sunk and ft3. So .... i could show you 50 others with the same scenario. And you havent been able to show me any ft4 or ft3 labs, last you said you cant remember, was a long time ago.

The worst thing you can do is not treat it.

by giving insulin your giving your beta cells a break, giving them a chance to re group and heal and giving your self a chance to figure out wtf is wrong with your body in the first place. Your not going to shut your own insulin down by using insulin, if you stop taking insulin youll have and make what you did prior to taking insulin. The only difference will be are you still insulin resistant and did you fix the underlying issues that put you there in the first place.

Is metformin the first line of defense? You bet your ass it is i told you this months ago. For me metformin did not work, my stress was to high and metformin wasnt enough even at
Sounds spot on for me I'm getting a monitor asap. I thought it was from long dirty bulking but work and stress are exactly like @Harley00 mentioned and thyroid stuff is sounding more and more familiar. Definitely going to look into this thanks again man.

I'm not trying to leave you hanging I just think your asking animal. If you mean me I do take 5000 vitamin d every day since seeing it low on my blood test.
Oups forgot to quote hahaha, i was asking about you.

Did you see any difference after supplementing, had near same level as you and just started to supplement in the last 2 weeks

Oups forgot to quote hahaha, i was asking about you.

Did you see any difference after supplementing, had near same level as you and just started to supplement in the last 2 weeks
Actually I haven't really noticed feeling any different but I'm still taking them just to be safe

You've got a lot going on here so I'll try to take it peice by peice.

1) For starters, I have no fucking clue who you are. Don't take that the wrong way, but I honestly have no clue who you are or what you've replied to me about on whatever threads. Your name does not immeadialty ring a bell to me. Sometimes names here stick with me and others just don't. So clearly I've rubbed you the wrong way along the way somewhere.. looks like it's because I have made some threads here about some of my issues and you've replied and you feel I dismiss you. I'll address this later, but understand that I don't reconginze your name.. I thought about your post a few times today and then I recall you are the person who gave me some advice on another thread about my blood sugar and you asked me about my thyroid numbers, you asked me to take my blood sugar differently than I was to determin if I had insulin resisitance etc.. That was you, took me a few mins to peice it together.. I have not read that thread since, but by my nature I can almost promise you I did a few things 1) thanked you for giving me advice and 2) questioned you..
Seems like you didn't like when I questioned you or said something you don't agree with on this thread and maybe I did it on another, but I'll address that later..

Either way, when you stated I don't take advice from you, that's not true.. I promise you whatever you have said to me on a thread I read and took it to heart even if i also questioned it..

Did you want me to reply to everything you type to me with "Read and understood"? Do you understand you likely have written many things to me and again I had no idea it was the same person? And I read it and often times probably google research articles about what you've said and didn't go back to the thread and said I read it and agree or disgree?

I can back this up right now.. I know you asked me for more detailed thyroid blood work.. I told you I had those detailed tests done a few years ago and woudl look for those numbers for you.. I know I looked and I am pretty sure I told you i couldnt' find them.. This is because they were done at the univsrity of Alberta and there endochrinologist speiciast on staff. I don't have digital access to those files.. At one time I got all my medical records printed at my local clinic, but they said U of A uses a different system they had no access to..

Anyways, I took what you said to heart to the point that when the next time I saw my old doctor AND when I saw the new doctor (recall my old one was canned) I actually pulled my phone out with EVERY test you told me I should get and why (not detailed explanations of why, but general idea).. The new doctor wasn't receptive of it, but he said "lets start with your A1c".. which was the whole point of this thread--> coonveying my test result for it, and hopefully get some advice.. Doctor said the A1c first and then he'd look at some more.. He didn't seem super keen on any of your suggested tests, but I had to start somewhere. I also asked him to prescribe me metorfoirm (based on your advice I went and read hours of articles which supported what you said).. He said no.. A1c first..

like i said I also asked my older doctor who got fired for those thyroid tests and metaforim all based on what you told me.. He bluntly said no. He gave his reasons, which shot down the reasons I had on my phone to have those tests done, but we all had a hunch he wasnt going to last long here. My plan was to see if he stays in town or not.. if he stays, I was going to go to private clinic in the city.. if he left i knew I'd have to see a new doctor so I'd bring all this up with the new doc and I did.

There was a ton of other things you suggested back in that thread you told me to get thyroid tests.. and I either had already tried them before with no success or I wrote them down and I read about them and figured out if I would try them (I don't take what ppl say on here for 100% truth) and/or how I would try them.. This has been a process for me so when I am trying something new to address my blood sugars, I do one thing at a time and monitor to see if its going to work or not before trying another.. So I make a plan and see how I will test how it helps or doesn't.. but point being, you gave me lots of info (I think it was you) and I listened.

So when you say I don't listen to you, I think your assuming me questioning you as refusing your advice and not listening.

Again, I really don't recall your name or other advice you have given me.. Don't take that personally.. Lots of people here, memory isn't great and I got a busy life.

2) I do question you and others on this website.. I don't know you from any random person on the street.. I don't see your qualitifications which would make me put 100% trust in your advice.. Accept that people will question you and people will either agree or disagree or even dismiss you.. I don't get pissy if someone questions me or doesn't take my advice.. I truly only want to help people when I am here, which I believe you do too, but no one fucking knows anyone here lol..

I can give you many examples of people I know personally who are either on bbing forums or who are axctually being paid to train people who are down right scary as right with what they tell people..

I acknowledge, what works for one doesn't work for all. so the advice they pass along may have worked for them, but not for most.. but this isn't what I'm refferring too. There's so awful awful advice tossed around on forums, online and in person.. From my experience, I will pick it apart, quesiton it, even compare the advice from who it comes from.. and then eventually decide to accept or decline it or again dimiss it..

Don't take that process to heart.. Not to sound like a dick, but I don't see your credentials for being any type of expert for your blood sugar/diabetes etc advice.. I;m sure you got some experience and maybe some real credenitals that society akwnlodges gives you some authority on what you say, but its a fucking forum and its my body.. I am not about to go on a whim and trust you without questioning..

Part of the reason I am not just jumping in and trusting your advice is I've seen no word of lie about 19 doctors over the past 5 years.. I'm not sure when you joined here, but there some guys on here that liekly will recall some of the shit I was dealing with.. I ended up seeing a few specialiists at the univertiy hospital, MRI's on my head, ECG's etc.. everyone of those doctors first checked my blood sugar in quite depth.. And then they all went to my horomes.. I got as many of those doctors to sit me down and tell me as much as they could/woudl about my blood sugar hormones and anything else I could get them to talk about.. Point is, all that would talk told me my blood sugar's are 100% due to me eating too many carbs which caused my body to produce too much inslulin which wore out my receptors.. And the ones that looked at my hormones said all was good (just realized there was a second round of full thyroid tests I had done by another doctor other than the U of A.. I am sure I went on this forum and got some good advice to get a ton of thyrid testing done much like you suggested and then I drov 1 hour to snothr town and walked in to new doctors office to get the tests becuse the lab here wouldn't do them.. again, tests came back normal) Not sure your credentials, but I have to take what they say with some good authority.. Are doctors wrong, yes sometimes.. no doubt about that.. But put yourself in my shoes, when you tell me thats not true, it makes me scratch my head about those specialits saying somethign quite different than you. You're getting pissy because I am not discounting everyone eles's opinion but yours.. I get your trying to help, but its pretty hard to dismsiss there opinion for yours.. But keep in mind I took your advice to heart and aksed for those tests

It's fucked up, but your advice conflicts my doctors.. but at the same time I have lots of doctors conflict each others advice as well. a LOT of conflicts.. I'll give you a few examples.. 1) the new doctor telling me to get off the DHEA as it does nothing.. he said my previous doctor is wrong.. 2) my new doctor told me I don't need ANY thyoird meds at all since my thyroid test pre script were fine.. he said the other doctor had no idea what he was talking about.. 3) My old doctor went against EVERY doctor I ever saw and just gave me thyroid meds even though my numbers fell within range.

I'm just pointing out all the conflicts out there including yours.. but you get uset when I don't accept yours for 100% truth and dismiss the others.

Every doctor I have talked to has told me exactly what I wrote to you in my reply last night.. Type 1- can't produce enough slin.. Type 2- too much slin produced due to diet and wears out the receptors so more slin is produced which makes problem worse.. Holy fuck did you loose it when I just repeated what every doctor hass ever told me.. not sure why you lost it, but you did.. Many of us on here are of the same understanding of what type 1 and 2 are and the cause of type 2.. Again, I have very little memory of who you are and what you have written on here either in reply to me or others, but I have not heard your explanation for what you said these tpyes of diabetes are and what the causes are and treatments.. seems you just lost it for the reason I said something you disagree with.. I can't say much to you abotu that except your kinda fucked up if thats your reaction to what most people think diabetes is and you beleive its not that or not exactly that..

If you have explained to me in a reply to a thread about what you say tpye 2 is or can be (not producing enough slin sometimes) than I simply didn't read it.. life gets busy and I often read shit on here while my kids are busy for a few mins getting ready for bed etc.. So I don't always read everything with a fine tooth comb.. If you gave me this information and I missed it and that's why you got pissed, than I aplogize that you took the time to explain it to me to help me and I missed it.. but I won't apologize for life happening and missing it indirectly (not replying directly to me).. I come here on this forum to help and to get help.. So when someone quotes or replies to me diretly, I try and make it a point to read what they wrote..

But again keep in mind that just because you have an opinion, doens't mean its right, doesn't mean I won't question it and doesn't mean I will take it 100% to be true..

I'm actually going to bluntly tell you I don't 100% believe your explanation about type 2 diabetes that you said "That is the stupidest fucking thing iv ever heard.... too much god dam insulin didnt give me my insulin resistance or yours, stress etc improper thyroid etc not taking care of your body etc is what gives you insulin resistance,then burned out your beta cells because your body wasn't excepting the insulin anymore. So was it too much insulin or other underlying issues that caused this."

I'm not totally accpeting this.. Again I think your someone that will get pissed to hear this, but with my admittly little knowledge, what the doctors have said I just dont accept it right now.. Again "right now" and "not totally accepting this" are key words.. It means you gave me some info I am considering and learning more about and I am happy you gave it to me, but it conflicts everything else I've been told so before accepting it, I need to learn more..

Question for you, how do you know my insulin didn't give me my insluin resistance? How are you so sure its thyroid, stress etc? Do you know that every single person except 1 on my dads side of my family for the last 3 generations got type 2 diabetes between ages of 30-50? Only person who didn't get it was my grandfather.. I've had doctors tell me its my genetics that are going to get me.. One doctor said a really highly funciton thyoird will help, but odds are very much against me.. I can tell you of those people I mention that got type 2, they were such a varied group of people with varied lifestyles that you can't attirbute them all to life style/thyroid/stress etc..

3) Going back to me not even know it was you who gave the advice about thyroid testing... in my post in this thread I Told you my thyroid was fine.. TSH was 0.6ish and I'm on 150mcg synthoird.. I didn't know it was you who explained to me why you think that's not a gaurente my thyroid is fine.. I responded to you like it was a person just jumping in to give some adive, but all along I had your advice with me and was following up by asking for the tests you told me to.. If I knew it was you, I would have likely included the fact that the doctor who did the A1c said this test first and than would consider the ones you suggested.. I didnt say it becuase I didn't make the connection it was you and you probably like to hear I'm trying to get done what you offered to me for advice.

4) Along the same lines as 3).. I admit when I reposded to your posts last night, it was late and I was really tired.. if you want to know why, it is because I took the day off work drive to the big city to get a full ultra sound on my abdomen to figure out why my ALT liver values doubled and are now in an elevated range.. I think I made a thread about this? Apparently you get upset when I come on here and make thread about my issues, but I'll address this later.. Anyways, I was overly tired last night and probaby didn't do a good job explaining or I my explanations were short and probaby contributed to me not realizing it was you I was talking to.

In the same way, I posted in this thread "I don;t think you read my reply corefully" or something like that.. I was reffering to that I stated I was on a keto diet already and you responded to me to keep my carbs under 50.. I wasn't pissed at you I was just syaing you told me to do something I stated I was already doing.. Before I clicked the buttom to post that reply I actually thought you might take it the wrong way, especially since I put I don't think you read my reply carefully at the top, but I didn't address that I Was on a keto diet for years until much later in the post.. My thoughts got jumbled and out of order while I typed and I would usually go back and reread and fix some stuff to avoid confusion before posting, but I was tired and thought you'd probaby see what I meant..

5) What really bothered me about your reply was your comment that I come on here and complain all the time and don't listen to advice..

"I see you on hear lots, typically daily with issues, its like you have issues all the time, i and others try to help you, but it appears you really never listen, id take this opportunity to listen to what people say then maybe in a few months time you can get your blood surgar in order, amd other issues , im not being an asshole, im truly trying to help, but honestly feels like it goes in one ear and out the other and your on to the next thing thats bothering you."

So by your accounts there is others I don't listen to? Weird how your speaking on behalf of other people likey you've sat down and discussed this with them.. anything I should be told about these conversations or are you just assuming what bothers you about me bothers others?

Hopefully you now see I do listen to you and other people who either reply to me on here or when I read what they write.. BTW, I did read your reply about DHEA.. I had no clue it was you who wrote it, but when I read it, I did some reading abotu DHEA and stress and cortisol and hey guess what. I started taking DHEA again.. bottle is sitting beside me and theres about 20 caps left and when I see the same doctor next week I will ask him to fill the prescription..

what is your deffinition of complain, because that comes with a lot of context.. It's quite the jab at me..

I took a huge break from steriod forums from ages of 25-33ish.. I came back to seek advice of some health issues.. Figured they were related to the lifestyle we choose so this would be a good place to see if anyone else has experince similar, get advice, figure shit out etc..

Not sure about you, but I'm now in my 40's and I think lots of us here are. Some have not much medical issues.. some like me seem to can't get a month without something new or have been working on the same issues for years and still want to become more knowledgable..

I like getting knowledge and info especially when it pertains to my health.. I'll hear from the doctor and write about it on here for more info/differen opions/talk to someoen who went throguh the same etc.. getting other opinions is never a bad thing.. But again, people will agree, disagree and also not give fuck what my or your opinion is.. It's part of it.

I was going to go through my posts to see if I really do come here and complain, but I decided not too. I'm not coming here as you say "daily" to complain.. when something comes up like I broke my dick, fell out of my truck and tore a tricep and I come here to tell the story or to ask "anyone desl with this? Ideas"? That's not complaining.. I got one buddy who we sit down and bullshit monthly and all the same stuff comes out of him and me.. different shit that happened, different shit that we are dealing with etc..

6) me saying I had no diabetic symtoms.. At the time I thught you were asking me if I had physical symptoms besides high blood sugar or diaebtes.. ply, Seems like when I read your reyou are counting my blood sugars as a diabetic symptom.. Again, I thought you were asking me if I had physical symptoms like tired, frequent pissing etc... I responded I don't have symptoms and those were the ones I was reffering too. I went through these symptom lists with a few doctors in quite detail..

7) I have a god awful memory.. It's awful... It makes it difficult to keep things connected that should be connected in my brain.. For example when you went off the handle about how I never listen to you (or others by your words) and you've gone thorugh this with me many many times etc.. I did not connect you to that person, and while I tpyed my reply nothing clicked in my head that you explained this to me before.. Most days I have no idea if I packed a lunch for work until I doubel check my bag to see my fully prepared meals I did that morning.. and I'll have no fucking memory of even making it that morning. U of A doctor had a reason for the memory issues not linked to diabetes.

I had more to write, but I'm tired and got some stuff to do.. I admit I am posting this without proof reading and i have awful grammr and my mind goes off on tangents. Hopefully it makes sense to you.. not asking for anything from you, but if you got issues with me you've got a few choices, send me a pm, ignore me etc.. But if you're going to loose your shit for similar in the futre I'll just skip your name when I see you reply or post.

I tell you what, ill stay away from your threads, and you can consult with your 19 doctors who all tell yeh different shit.

Take the metformin like iv said already, redo your labs in 3 months adjust your doasge if needed.

Re-take your full thyroid panel as i belive you should verify yours levels. As its been a few years like you said. And should be done yearly to begin with.

Ft4
Ft3
Tsh

2 months ago you had zero clue what metformin was. Now your telling me im wrong about type 2 and insulin resistance lol.... when im the 1 who is diabetic and taking insulin and metformin and iv controlled my ac1 to 5.3 and i have a absolutely perfect thyroid numbers, across the board. The offense i took was you being a googler and trying to talk about something you have zero clue about. I said noithing about you taking insulin i said take metformin.

I also said your dhea should be over 10 , and if you need 100mg of dhea daily then theres a reason for it, i said find it, and likely you should start with looking into adrenal health and likely should pull a acth lab test, and investigate.

You also should start looking into your stress and cortisol, and it sounds like your Serotonin and dopamine are out of check so yeh better check that too. Too much of one will cause the other to be lower and cause a whole slew of mental issues.

If you have doctors that wont listen and are not helpful then find new ones, Iv said that too you before as well.

Best of luck to you, ill leave your threads alone in the furture.

Talked to Dr about my A1c.. He flat out told me I am not prediabetic with my A1c.. I asked if he was sure and he explained that no I'm not, but again with my genetics I just need to be careful, but he is not concerned at all.

I told him "i understand that, but please understand I am wanting to prevent type 2 diabetes completely, not just keep going and delay getting it. I have done everything under the sun to lower my blood sugar and it won't budge... I would agree that my A1c is ok if i wasn't eating a full keto diet.. but I eat less than 50 grams of carbs a day and they are trace carbs and i still have that A1c.. if I started eating a few peices of toast for breakfast and some rice for dinner, my blood sugar goes right up.. if I stop lifting weights and doing cardio, it will jump up.. It's only being held to an acceptable # by huge efforts on my part.. so i think I am closer to diabetic than you realize. So can I try metaformin to help me prevent diabetes or look into things more"..

He told me I should try Ozempic.. It's a newer drug to control blood sugar and he said since I have inslunin resitance it does make it harder to loose weight and Ozempic has really helped insuliin resitance people drop weight.

I picked up the prescription.. I was told Blue cross may or may not cover it because they want proof of trying other (cheaper) drugs to control blood sugar.. the pharmacist said, they often won't cover Ozempic bcause they want you on metaformin because its dirt cheap.. So I paid out of pocket and hopefull I get reimbursed.. Was 220$ for 3 monhts. Not awful, but man its iratatiing to see health care providers cheap out.

I should add, I asked the dr how this drug helps diabetics and how it helps with weight loss..

He told me it helps curb apetite.. I laughed and said my issues aren't will power. My success with my diet isn't dependant on my will power.. He said it does have an effect on metabolic rates too..

I read the drug can cause mild nasuea.. Pharmacist told me this.. she also said I am ramping up dosage to minimize it.. but after 2 weeks that symptom should go away.

When I read rewvies of it, lots seem to say they have lost weight due to not being able to eat as much before feeling nasusious..

I'll keep reading..

I had an a1c in the prediabetic range, right on the verge of diabetic.

I started taking Berberine but stopped for 2 reasons - 1) it gave me crazy acid reflux. 2) I read about how it causes muscle degradation. So I discontinued it.

I then made three main dietary adjustments:

1) As best as possible, I cut as close to all sugar as possible from my diet.
2) Removed all refined carbs, and mostly started eating a mixture of 2 parts quinoa to 1 part brown basmati rice (mixed with sauerkraut)
3) About 5-10 minutes before every meal, I'd drink a mixture of water and psyllium husk

I know these 3 things may not seem too special, but within 6-7 months I went from prediabetic (on the verge of diabetic) to completely out of the prediabetic zone. (I also started eating tons of vegetables with each meal, either raw or just slightly stir fried, as well as taking 500mg Tudca, 6000 iu Vitamin D, Alpha Lipoic acid, and Magnesium citrate.)

Like I said, I know these things seem really simple and basic, but it absolutely worked for me.

One other thing I recently started experimenting with was a liquid form of SR9011 taken sublingually. By the time I started trying this, my blood glucose was already in a pretty good place and no longer in the prediabetic zone. But still it brought my fasted blood glucose (using a glucometer) down an average of 3-4 points. The only problem is that the company I got this from is no longer in business (Science.bio), and I'm not really trusting any of the other liquid sr9011's I've seen so far.

I had an a1c in the prediabetic range, right on the verge of diabetic.

I started taking Berberine but stopped for 2 reasons - 1) it gave me crazy acid reflux. 2) I read about how it causes muscle degradation. So I discontinued it.
I was taking it too, but stopped to see if it was contributiung to my muscle tears. It worked really well to lower blood sugar for me though. By my monitor my morning blood sugar were about 0.75 lower

I then made three main dietary adjustments:

1) As best as possible, I cut as close to all sugar as possible from my diet.
I've done this for 2 years. I do have splenda in my coffee x2 a day
2) Removed all refined carbs, and mostly started eating a mixture of 2 parts quinoa to 1 part brown basmati rice (mixed with sauerkraut)
I don't eat carbs at all except trace carbs.
3) About 5-10 minutes before every meal, I'd drink a mixture of water and psyllium husk
FIbre helps lower blood sugar after consuming carbs for sure. I take metamucil, but just 1 tsp before bed. I could try taking it after my highest trace carb meal (breakfast).

I know these 3 things may not seem too special, but within 6-7 months I went from prediabetic (on the verge of diabetic) to completely out of the prediabetic zone. (I also started eating tons of vegetables with each meal, either raw or just slightly stir fried, as well as taking 500mg Tudca, 6000 iu Vitamin D, Alpha Lipoic acid, and Magnesium citrate.)
I try to eat veggies with every meal as well. I only take 2000iu's vitamin d. I'l have to read baout higher doses and blood sugar.

My blood sugar is climbing up as well. I want to see if I can get on metaformin because I don't imagine being high normal is going to be good.

Well neat thread. Way too much to get into nor do I care to.
Insulin resistance definitely comes from too much exposure to insulin endogenous production from shit food choices plain and simple. That is one factor, not all.

That’s all I have to say the rest is typical ask a question then argue with the doc that you see and dispute or outright arrogant ignoring advices given here from many experiences. Strange stuff, I’ll have to ask doctor Phil what that comes from.
Boredom, arrogance? Who knows, who cares.

Some folks should just not ask questions as they are askholes.

A trend I see with a couple dudes. Not many but it’s there.
So I will refrain from entering these threads. Annoying when dieting and having zero filter ability.

Weird.

I wouldn't automatically jump on metaformin.. Look at everything else like diet, exercise, body fat, hormones etc.. So much more to it
One thing I forgot to mention, after starting to take Tudca 500mg a day, that had a positive effect on my levels as well. Ity's a little on the pricey side over time, but since my liver has some issues, i figured why not. I had been reading about it, found some positive testimonies on it, and figured i'd give it a try. For me, i found it helped. If you give it a try, i hope you find success with it.

Plus, I've been reading about daily Viagra helping with insulin resistance. Haven't done to much reading on it yet, but i might give that a try if i feel its necessary.

I've been hearing that walking for as little as 10 mins after a meal is more effective than metformin at controlling insulin sensitivity. I pay attention to this because everyone in my family has diabetes or some insulin sensitivity except for me and one of my daughters.