Hemoglobin A1c

animal-inside

Trusted Member
got mine done... 5.7%.. Anything less than 5.7 is condsidered normal... at 5.7% I am considered pre diabetic.

I am on a keto diet and still got 5.7% so I am guessing if I was eating carbs it would be higher..

I really want to go on metaformin to prevent diabetes.. I can't understand why my old doctor didn't want me to.. metaformin can prevent type 2 is my understanding not just treat it. Am I inccorect?

I may need that too. My trt doc said I'm pre diabetes but my family doc didn't agree. I guess they use different criteria. My hemoglobin a1c was 5.5 but glucose fasting was 5.7

I may need that too. My trt doc said I'm pre diabetes but my family doc didn't agree. I guess they use different criteria. My hemoglobin a1c was 5.5 but glucose fasting was 5.7

5.7 fasting is prediabetes area.. a lot of different opinions though.. 20 years ago "if your under 8 yoru doing great".. Now a days its taken more seriously and tighter ranges to try to catch it before it actually turns into full blown type 2.

5.7 can definitely be diabetes, its more so you probably have insulin resistance, which is a whole other playing field, and docs do not understand.

You can have the excat same issues as someone with a ac1 of 6.5 with diabetes as someone with an ac1 of 5.7 and insulin resistance. I know this for a fact because i was there, did the same thing and now iv got my ac1 to 5.3 using slin and metformin.

Your best bet is to lower the carbs to 60 a day or less. 1000mg morning and 1000mg night.

Get your thyroid under control i dont belive it is from past conversations.

Get your stress and cortisol under control, strt melontonin at night and ashwagandha and holy basil during the day, stsrt checking daily average temperature multiple times a day and blood pressure.

Try this for the next 3 months see where you are if you dont budge then bring in the lantus and huma log. That's the quickest way to start reducing symptoms if you have any, at 5.7 i had plenty of symptoms and even thought id loose my eyes, sore muscles/ bloating/ tiredness all the time etc.

My other weird thing that my doc was confused about was my adrenalin and cortisol were very low, would that be from too much stress? Shit sorry @animal-inside I'm not trying to highjack your thread

got mine done... 5.7%.. Anything less than 5.7 is condsidered normal... at 5.7% I am considered pre diabetic.

I am on a keto diet and still got 5.7% so I am guessing if I was eating carbs it would be higher..

I really want to go on metaformin to prevent diabetes.. I can't understand why my old doctor didn't want me to.. metaformin can prevent type 2 is my understanding not just treat it. Am I inccorect?
Wow beautiful area

My other weird thing that my doc was confused about was my adrenalin and cortisol were very low, would that be from too much stress? Shit sorry @animal-inside I'm not trying to highjack your thread
-Do you have labwork.
How did your doctor confirm low cortisol and low adrenaline.
- do you have thyroid issues etc.

I could literally destroy this thread on this topic, so if you prefer to start another one on this thread sometime ,then have at her, ill go there.

If your dhea is 6(i noticed you said this on another thread) then there could be an issues as dhea can counter cortisol. Dhea should be above 10 at least and that's first thing in the morning, if its low that could dictate an acth out- put problem, or definitely early signs of stress issues/adrenal issues.

-Do you have labwork.
How did your doctor confirm low cortisol and low adrenaline.
- do you have thyroid issues etc.

I could literally destroy this thread on this topic, so if you prefer to start another one on this thread sometime ,then have at her, ill go there.

If your dhea is 6(i noticed you said this on another thread) then there could be an issues as dhea can counter cortisol. Dhea should be above 10 at least and that's first thing in the morning, if its low that could dictate an acth out- put problem, or definitely early signs of stress issues/adrenal issues.
Yea I have blood work. I'll post it here if @animal-inside wants me to move it after I will. And the doc mentioned low adrenalin but I don't know how I didn't read adrenalin anywhere so he must be noticing something
Screenshot_20220124-150436_Samsung Notes.jpgScreenshot_20220124-150449_Samsung Notes.jpgScreenshot_20220125-084751_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220125-084751_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220125-084751_Gallery.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 5
Yea I have blood work. I'll post it here if @animal-inside wants me to move it after I will. And the doc mentioned low adrenalin but I don't know how I didn't read adrenalin anywhere so he must be noticing something
View attachment 40556View attachment 40557View attachment 40558
When were these labs taken, on cycle off cycle or natural, how long etc and time line. This looks like your completely off gear as your fsh and lh is good. So how long after gear was these labs or were these before gear all together. Your cbc blood panel is showing me that this is after a cycle, and if these numbers are this high before a cycle then you nwver should have done a cycle.

Yes your thyroid is shit, thats a issue your ft4 is bottom of the range . Take those reference ranges and shove them, all these docs say well ur in reference range your fine. False. I could have guessed your ft4 was bottom of the range before you brought labs. Based on all your concerns and what youve said on other threads.

Your blood surgar also isnt good, 3 points cortisol/thyroid/bloodsurgar 9 times outa 10 there all related.

Ferritin is high so looks like some inflammation there.your esr being high confirms that as well ,also your tgab thats the thyrogolblin abs thats hinting towards an auto immune diesese called hashimoto's. I say pointing , not is, so dont get excited there iv reversed my hashimoto's.

B 12 is way to low. Jump on injections
Vit d is low jump on 5000iu a day

Your red blood cells are high, and your hematocrit/hemoglobin

Are you night shift worker? When was the cortisol test taken. And what time.

Adrenaline/dopamine etc all fall under the above if cortisol and thyroid etc are bad then cauzes a chain reaction.

Your ldl is shit, your gonna need to work on your lipid panel

In short, theres some big issues hear, also if you jumped on cycle again after these labs im almost positive that was a bad decision.

So let's go back and look at those thryoid numbers, which can be tricky, your tsh is low hear, with those ft4 and ft3 numbers one would expect to see a high tsh, but the issues is it looks like the signal or demand isnt getting to your tsh so its not producing enough, too me that says issues in the hpa. Where as most you see is high tsh and low numbers. Etc.

When were these labs taken, on cycle off cycle or natural, how long etc and time line. This looks like your completely off gear as your fsh and lh is good. So how long after gear was these labs or were these before gear all together. Your cbc blood panel is showing me that this is after a cycle, and if these numbers are this high before a cycle then you nwver should have done a cycle.

Yes your thyroid is shit, thats a issue your ft4 is bottom of the range . Take those reference ranges and shove them, all these docs say well ur in reference range your fine. False. I could have guessed your ft4 was bottom of the range before you brought labs. Based on all your concerns and what youve said on other threads.

Your blood surgar also isnt good, 3 points cortisol/thyroid/bloodsurgar 9 times outa 10 there all related.

Ferritin is high so looks like some inflammation there.your esr being high confirms that as well ,also your tgab thats the thyrogolblin abs thats hinting towards an auto immune diesese called hashimoto's. I say pointing , not is, so dont get excited there iv reversed my hashimoto's.

B 12 is way to low. Jump on injections
Vit d is low jump on 5000iu a day

Your red blood cells are high, and your hematocrit/hemoglobin

Are you night shift worker? When was the cortisol test taken. And what time.

Adrenaline/dopamine etc all fall under the above if cortisol and thyroid etc are bad then cauzes a chain reaction.

Your ldl is shit, your gonna need to work on your lipid panel

In short, theres some big issues hear, also if you jumped on cycle again after these labs im almost positive that was a bad decision.
Thanks brother. This was a couple weeks after a short testosterone cycle. The test was the morning after a night shift. Yea I do shift work and no nor cycling until my blood tests look better. I'm on trt though but I hope my next 3 month test says my LDL cholesterol is a little lower. Hemocrit is looking higher too so I'm hoping maybe I will get a prescription to donate blood and yea I had no idea about thyroid issues ill have to look into it more. Thanks man I could pick your brain all day but I won't hassle you. Definitely any suggestions are appreciated though

I will credit the doc or whoever made this lab req because its a very good lab req and others should use this lab req as a general guidline as whays needed everytime.

I will credit the doc or whoever made this lab req because its a very good lab req and others should use this lab req as a general guidline as whays needed everytime.
He did say I'm insulin resistent and should be cutting put sugar and carbs so that's what I've changed so far plus I'm taking b12 3 times a week, magnesium daily fish oil daily and vitamin d. Is the inflammation a big worry could it be from working out or possibly some disease ?

Thanks brother. This was a couple weeks after a short testosterone cycle. The test was the morning after a night shift. Yea I do shift work and no nor cycling until my blood tests look better. I'm on trt though but I hope my next 3 month test says my LDL cholesterol is a little lower. Hemocrit is looking higher too so I'm hoping maybe I will get a prescription to donate blood and yea I had no idea about thyroid issues ill have to look into it more. Thanks man I could pick your brain all day but I won't hassle you. Definitely any suggestions are appreciated though
The night shift is why your cortisol is low in the morning, what your going to develop hear is called circadian rhythm disorder, and hpa dysfunction and it is going to fuck you. And i say that in a liam nelson voice. Its going to fuck you trust me.

It is 99% why your thyroid and blood surgar is the way it is, shift work and night shift lead to this, iv done it 20 years.

H
The night shift is why your cortisol is low in the morning, what your going to develop hear is called circadian rhythm disorder, and hpa dysfunction and it is going to fuck you. And i say that in a liam nelson voice. Its going to fuck you trust me.

It is 99% why your thyroid and blood surgar is the way it is, shift work and night shift lead to this, iv done it 20 years.
Any advice on how to get un fucked by night shift without quiting work?

He did say I'm insulin resistent and should be cutting put sugar and carbs so that's what I've changed so far plus I'm taking b12 3 times a week, magnesium daily fish oil daily and vitamin d. Is the inflammation a big worry could it be from working out or possibly some disease ?
I like your doctor, and i dont like many, your insulin resistant due to your thyroid and your cortisol. That is from eating your food at night and having stress at the wrong times of the day.

Cortisol is supposed to be highest in morning then temper down at night, yours is reversed so yours is likely highest at night lowest in the morning, this causes insulin resistance, and in my opinion its far worse then diabetes because its a son of a bitch to control, anyone thays a diabetic that has insulin resistance will tell you that.

He is right cut those carbs out, do not eat carbs at night. Take most likely 1000mg metformin morning and 1000mg at night and buy a dam glucose monitor. Check before eating check 20 min after eating then check 2 hrs after eating and write it down for 2 weeks, this will tell you how resistant you really are, i can easily tell hiw insulin resistant someone is from there readings on there glucose monitor, if they do it like i described.

Usally a doc will start out at 500mg metformin, and work you up every 2 weeks, this works as well.

H

Any advice on how to get un fucked by night shift without quiting work?
Get all your lab markers straightened out is a start.
Lower your trt to 120mg a week to get your cbc back in order.
Address your thyroid, there are options out there besides meds to try first.
Get your blood surgar fixed.

Stop eating carbs at night completely.

You dont need carbs you need calories to grow 50 to 80 carbs a day is plenty.

Get all your lab markers straightened out is a start.
Lower your trt to 120mg a week to get your cbc back in order.
Address your thyroid, there are options out there besides meds to try first.
Get your blood surgar fixed.

Stop eating carbs at night completely.

You dont need carbs you need calories to grow 50 to 80 carbs a day is plenty.
Sweet thanks man I'll focus on this and keep you updated.

5.7 can definitely be diabetes, its more so you probably have insulin resistance, which is a whole other playing field, and docs do not understand.

You can have the excat same issues as someone with a ac1 of 6.5 with diabetes as someone with an ac1 of 5.7 and insulin resistance. I know this for a fact because i was there, did the same thing and now iv got my ac1 to 5.3 using slin and metformin.

Your best bet is to lower the carbs to 60 a day or less. 1000mg morning and 1000mg night.

Get your thyroid under control i dont belive it is from past conversations.

Get your stress and cortisol under control, strt melontonin at night and ashwagandha and holy basil during the day, stsrt checking daily average temperature multiple times a day and blood pressure.

Try this for the next 3 months see where you are if you dont budge then bring in the lantus and huma log. That's the quickest way to start reducing symptoms if you have any, at 5.7 i had plenty of symptoms and even thought id loose my eyes, sore muscles/ bloating/ tiredness all the time etc.

I don;t think you read my post correctly..

Type 2 diabetes IS insulin resistance.. it's where your body pumps out insulin but the insulin receptors are worn out and do not work in accepting inslunin to do its job of lowering blood sugar..

Type 1 is where your body does not produce insulin..

Type 2 diabetics are give metaformin and if it gets worse often given inslunin.. IMO the worst thing to do is give someone with type 2 inslunin because too much insluin is what caused the receptors to become resistant.. I really think your incorrect to give someone insulin when they have insulin resistance. Metaformin yes, not insulin.

I am on full keto diet.. I said this in my post.. Guessing less then 40-50 grams of carbs a day in total..

My thyroid is completely under control.. My TSH is 0.6.. I am on 150 mcg of synthroid.

Blood pressure is great.. better than my 125lb wife..

I've tried every friggin possible supplement/mineral/vitamin known to man that is supposed to lower blood sugar.. I monitor each thing I try with a blood sugar meter religiously.. The only one that truly had a lasting impact is Berberine.. But it's known to stunt protien synthesis and cause muscle break down.. I was on it 2x a day for 3 years.. it brought my BS down, but I stopped taking it to see if it is a contributing facotr to my multiple muscle tears I have had in the past 2-3 years.

What's the purpose of chekcing body temp? body temp is a good indication of metabolism and thyroid, but not sure why you suggest measuring it?

I should have stated I have absolutely ZERO symptoms of high blood sugar or diabetes.. like none.. nothing..