Heavy lifting & joint/tendon damage

Still love to go heavy but now I'm a little more careful and back off a little more to recover when things start acting up.

OD
pretty much sums it up. lots of muscles, lots of exercises. if you arent competing, you dont need to go down the pain road.

i dont do any strict types of OH presses anymore. i find push presses and any other type of shoulder/ press exercise adequate for shoulder strength and development. im thinking that oh presses might not be a natural movement the body was made to do. i still like to do 3 rep training cycle but not all the time. getting older gives me license to experiment with different thing i wanted to try when i was strictly strength training like high rep squats like tom platz

pretty much sums it up. lots of muscles, lots of exercises. if you arent competing, you dont need to go down the pain road.

i dont do any strict types of OH presses anymore. i find push presses and any other type of shoulder/ press exercise adequate for shoulder strength and development. im thinking that oh presses might not be a natural movement the body was made to do. i still like to do 3 rep training cycle but not all the time. getting older gives me license to experiment with different thing i wanted to try when i was strictly strength training like high rep squats like tom platz
You bring up a good point, I wonder what the human body was meant to do and how much stress it was supposed to be able to handle

thats one of the reasons I tried doing calisthenics because I thought it was more natural for the human body to train that way. But I found the results you get are mediocre compared to weight training. Was like doing the treadmill to build big legs, doesn’t work very well

although this is what’s usually said, I found the opposite to be true

on gear my joints would never hurt and I’d never get injured
When I was natural and now that I’m off gear, I get joint pains again

i personally think steroids help more with hypertrophy than strength.
Im the same. I always feel great on cycle. But once the gear tapers off, the cracks and snaps come out like rice crispys. The problem is i feel great and dont hear anything on cycle and push myself , and do more damage. But i dont find out until i come off

Im still not totally convinced this works. But I have been taking it on and off for 6 months or so. Pantothenic acid- vit b5 @gondar1 posted this last year. Everything Ive read outside of this article didn't really give any more info.

Im still not totally convinced this works. But I have been taking it on and off for 6 months or so. Pantothenic acid- vit b5 @gondar1 posted this last year. Everything Ive read outside of this article didn't really give any more info.
I'm not sure either, took it for about 8? months but my training was shit during that time so even harder to tell might start it again in a bit if training is up to par.

"Heavy" is relative.
Impact forces and not enough recovery (over training) are what lead to 90%+ of injuries both long and short term.
Reduce your tempo (have at least 3 seconds on the concentric and 3 seconds on the eccentric part of the repetition for smaller body parts and 4-5 seconds for compound, larger muscle movements).
Become a master of recovery...you gotta rest/recover hard to train hard.

Reducing the tempo (getting rid of momentum) in your training isn't exactly sexy...but your joints and ligaments will love ya over the long term.

"Heavy" is relative.
Impact forces and not enough recovery (over training) are what lead to 90%+ of injuries both long and short term.
Reduce your tempo (have at least 3 seconds on the concentric and 3 seconds on the eccentric part of the repetition for smaller body parts and 4-5 seconds for compound, larger muscle movements).
Become a master of recovery...you gotta rest/recover hard to train hard.

Reducing the tempo (getting rid of momentum) in your training isn't exactly sexy...but your joints and ligaments will love ya over the long term.
That is the only way I train.