Having kids on TRT, ask Q's here

Allaaro

Trusted Member
I'm happy to say after almost 4 years the wifey is finally pregnant (still very early) at 7 weeks using IVF non-funded cycle ($$$).
We had 2 early chemical pregnancies before going to IVF. Tried IUI 5 times before IVF.
I froze sperm at the clinic so dropped all drugs except testosterone now, should be good for future. Wanted to use non-frozen for first IVF cycle or I would of did this way earlier.

Thought I'd start a thread since my knowledge of TRT and trying to have kids on TRT....has grown immensely. Added that I work as a nurse, it helps on some things yet the majority is just trial and error with own research/*finding a good doctor*.

Almost 4 years I've been taking gonal F, HCG, Adex and testosterone. 7 pins per week.......thank god insurance covered the medication Gonal-F - is insane in price.

I'll start by pointing out something VERY important is that people truly needing TRT (if I come off testosterone, I have no production/zero fertility) the absolute best way to become fertile is to have a regime that DOES NOT stop testosterone injections. The ideal is to lower the amount needed, not stop.

For example, I went from 130mg/week to 50mg/week and my levels stayed the same for free testosterone due to adding gonal F 150IU x3 per week and HCG 500IU x3 per week. Very little research actually if any is seen with this approach yet should be more common place in future.

I had a doctor previously who tried dropping everything and felt like absolute shit causing an acute battle with depression. I would personally suggest this above approach for anyone planning to be on TRT or blast/cruise for their life.

Feel free to ask questions about docs, $$$, your own experiences, whatever.

To my knowledge, even being on a TRT dose you are killing your sperm numbers. That was from the unveristy of Alberta Endocrinoligist head.

I had a LOT of trouble conceving.. a LOT.. I didnt go to a doctor though. Back then I was stuborn and refused doctors unless I needed anti biotics..

I was not on any drugs... clean.. I stopped using a few years before tryong to conceive, but still had issues. Looking back, I know my natural test levels were almost non existent.. but I didn't know.

Finally, I just got on 50mg of clomid everyday and like clockwork wihin a month or two my wife was pregnent.

I did not use anything between my first and second child.. When it came time to have my second one, we tried for awhile and nothing.. So 50mg clomid and I think the next time the wife was fertile she got knocked up.

A year after wife gave birth to 2nd child, I went to the U of A to see that endo.. after he got my blood work he was shocked I was able to have 2 kids lol.. He literally asked me "how did you ever have 2 kids recently with these numbers".. I told him I took clomid and why I knew it would help.. He smiled and shook his head and told me he isn't even allowed to prescribe clomid to guys for sprem counts but agreed as to why it worked for me.

I had a long talk with me about before getting on TRT to make sure I wanted no more kids because I would have to stop TRT for awhile and it will just get harder and harder to have kids.. I looked at him and said "I'm done having kids.. but if I want another one I'll just stop TRT and take clomid again"... He told me that would likely work again for me, but said he couldn't prescribe it.

To my knowledge, even being on a TRT dose you are killing your sperm numbers. That was from the unveristy of Alberta Endocrinoligist head.

I had a LOT of trouble conceving.. a LOT.. I didnt go to a doctor though. Back then I was stuborn and refused doctors unless I needed anti biotics..

I was not on any drugs... clean.. I stopped using a few years before tryong to conceive, but still had issues. Looking back, I know my natural test levels were almost non existent.. but I didn't know.

Finally, I just got on 50mg of clomid everyday and like clockwork wihin a month or two my wife was pregnent.

I did not use anything between my first and second child.. When it came time to have my second one, we tried for awhile and nothing.. So 50mg clomid and I think the next time the wife was fertile she got knocked up.

A year after wife gave birth to 2nd child, I went to the U of A to see that endo.. after he got my blood work he was shocked I was able to have 2 kids lol.. He literally asked me "how did you ever have 2 kids recently with these numbers".. I told him I took clomid and why I knew it would help.. He smiled and shook his head and told me he isn't even allowed to prescribe clomid to guys for sprem counts but agreed as to why it worked for me.

I had a long talk with me about before getting on TRT to make sure I wanted no more kids because I would have to stop TRT for awhile and it will just get harder and harder to have kids.. I looked at him and said "I'm done having kids.. but if I want another one I'll just stop TRT and take clomid again"... He told me that would likely work again for me, but said he couldn't prescribe it.
Sperm numbers go down but sperm quality does not. I have had 3 kids on testosterone. It only takes one good swimmer!