Have you heard of this low test, high deca protocol before?

Nixter

Trusted Member
I was reading in a group where a guy posted he has been doing very well on 50mg test, 200mg deca a week, long term. I haven't received any answers to my questions about his post. Have any of you heard of don't something like this? I ask because my libido/ED seems to improve, the less test I run. It would be nice to be able to run something else along with it, long term, to help maintain muscle. I'm currently at 90mg test/wk.

If youre looking for libido to either improve or stay the same then I would not run Deca higher than Test or even run Deca at all. Deca higher than Test is a sure way to have you pecker curl right back up inside you no matter who is straddling you.

I'm not an expert, but 50mg/wk test seems excessively low. Why would anyone drop below trt doses?
I've read lots of contradicting points of view on deca:test ratios. Some say higher deca is fine. Others can't even be in the same room as deca without having a scared turtle.
Still to me I can't see going sub trt on the test.

If someone does well on a good dose of deca then lowish test with it should be fine. If deca is not your friend then its a bad idea.
I like high test cycles and low test high whatever cycles too. They are just different.

Yeah man this all depends on how you do. Deca is one thing that can cause libido boost in some and the complete opposite in others. I’d rather do something like 100 test and 200 mast or even eq than the deca route though.

I’d have to agree with Zuepass.. keep your test at a TRT dose and higher Mast or EQ.
I’m a big fan of Mast

I’ve heard many people making claims of only Deca cycles or low test high deca , who knows , everyone is different

Years ago in my 20s I had a great supply of Pharma deca.

Ran it with no test at about 300 a week with no libido problems. Mind you at that age I’d fuck a tree if it was willing.

Ran deca a few years ago much higher with Test a bit higher than Deca and had deca dick.

If you have low natural test or libido problems I’d just stay away from deca.

As @Zuespas said mast would be a better option.

You will never know unless you try it. So many ideas out there and what works great for you could be an absolute train wreck from me.

If you want to try something like this perhaps get the test up to 100-125mgs a week, and then add your deca

I don’t buy that you have to run more test than Deca. I think certain people just get deca dick and that’s all their is to it, no matter the ratio.

So I say give it a try but bump your test up slightly.
Report back and tell us how it worked for you,

My rationale for the low T is, my libido and ED have improved every time I lower my dose. When I had bloodwork on 200mg test/wk, my free T was 5x the upper range, at trough! Likely because my SHBG is low but not out of range. Libido and ED was poor. Did better at 150, better at 120, and now better at 90. I'm a month in to 90mg so I'll give it at least a couple more weeks before I start anything new, and see how I'm feeling. Probably get some basic bloodwork.

Last edited:
fwiw, i ran a cycle for a year of 400mg deca/wk, 200mg test/wk, and 40mg dBol daily...great results. Retained WAAY too much water. Appetite through the roof. Positive libido. Continued to make gains for the entire cycle. Most inportant thing is I learned what works for me and what doesn't.

There's even some guys playing with deca base, no test, plus estro-creams. Personally I think it's a good idea to keep SOME test in the system as it's the bioidentical hormone and who knows what downstream conversions we might be missing out on without it. Our scientific knowledge of the hormonal/endocrine system is still very much in it's infancy.

There's even some guys playing with deca base, no test, plus estro-creams. Personally I think it's a good idea to keep SOME test in the system as it's the bioidentical hormone and who knows what downstream conversions we might be missing out on without it. Our scientific knowledge of the hormonal/endocrine system is still very much in it's infancy.
yeah, i agree with you.

I've run deca with higher test and at a trt dose a well.
Personally I felt much better running test lower than deca. But that's me. I ran a half a cc of test a week and about 400mg of deca.

It's not side free and the longer you run it the more likely some unwanted side effects will happen. I wouldn't run deca for more than 8 weeks. After that it starts to fuck with me.

I've run deca with higher test and at a trt dose a well.
Personally I felt much better running test lower than deca. But that's me. I ran a half a cc of test a week and about 400mg of deca.

It's not side free and the longer you run it the more likely some unwanted side effects will happen. I wouldn't run deca for more than 8 weeks. After that it starts to fuck with me.
I.m running test e and deca just increased the test 250 to 375mg,deca 300mg

I was doing a lot of reading on it. Of course, like the OP, I couldn't get a lot of feedback from people because not many people do it.

We can read and read and ask and ask. But at the end of the day the OP will have to try it out himself and see how it affects him. He could very well have a completely different experience from me. Which is a good thing. We all know that everyone is affected differently by the various compounds. What is good for one guy isn't for another.

To the OP. My advice would be don't do this protocol if you've never done deca before. I believe it's best to always have your first run of the compound in the most common manner possible. So you can assess how YOU feel. How you manipulate each cycle after that will be related to it. Next time drop your test and see how you feel. But at least you know what a quasi-baseline is.

Just for interest sake of low test cycles... I enjoyed it so much that all my cycles now are run with 125mg/wk test base. It really allows me to feel the compounds I add over it.

I remember reading lee priest didn’t like test when he competed in the 90’s, said it would bloat him
Would use deca, gh, primo, anadrol, winstrol for prep

I was doing a lot of reading on it. Of course, like the OP, I couldn't get a lot of feedback from people because not many people do it.

We can read and read and ask and ask. But at the end of the day the OP will have to try it out himself and see how it affects him. He could very well have a completely different experience from me. Which is a good thing. We all know that everyone is affected differently by the various compounds. What is good for one guy isn't for another.

To the OP. My advice would be don't do this protocol if you've never done deca before. I believe it's best to always have your first run of the compound in the most common manner possible. So you can assess how YOU feel. How you manipulate each cycle after that will be related to it. Next time drop your test and see how you feel. But at least you know what a quasi-baseline is.

Just for interest sake of low test cycles... I enjoyed it so much that all my cycles now are run with 125mg/wk test base. It really allows me to feel the compounds I add over it.
Good timing as I had actually started to come around to the idea of not messing with my test dose at the same time I add something else. Just makes sense. I have actually run Deca once before but it wasn't in isolation so I'm excited to see what that feels like. The first time I ran deca was a little over 2 years ago. It was TRT 150, Deca 400, Mast 400.

Exactly one month ago I reduced TRT from 120mg to 90mg test/wk, m/w/f. I know it takes about 6-8 weeks to fully realise the new dosage in the tissues. In the last week or so I haven't been waking up with wood, and things aren't as a rock solid in general. Perhaps 90 is too low. Could be an anomaly so ill see how the next few days go. I have blood work scheduled on the 22nd

You will never know unless you try it. So many ideas out there and what works great for you could be an absolute train wreck from me.

If you want to try something like this perhaps get the test up to 100-125mgs a week, and then add your deca

I don’t buy that you have to run more test than Deca. I think certain people just get deca dick and that’s all their is to it, no matter the ratio.

So I say give it a try but bump your test up slightly.
Report back and tell us how it worked for you,
Lots of good answers and I agree with @Zuespas (run Mast or Primo with TRT) and @3ml. Both these guys have more AAS experience then I do as well. I can't be around deca without needing ED drugs, test (TRT - 100-125 mg/week) or test and primo and I don't. Haven't used Masteron but most people say it is similar to Masteron with a little different side effect profile.
Keep in mind nandrolone can be hard on the heart and while I have read about guys here and other places running it long term with trt, I wouldn't run it beside my TRT for a year or more even at 200 mg/week. I love the joint relief and healing abilities (plus I grow like F on it) of the stuff but I won't run it for more than a few months plus it does more than make 'turtle', it also kills my sex drive.
good luck