Hamstring pain

Maximus14

Trusted Member
So during my warm up for deadlifts my hamstring started to cramp up pretty bad so I stopped at 315 and called it, did some hanging leg raises and shrugs and went home

The hamstring started getting some soreness, so I did some stretching and foam rolling, 45 minutes later it's pretty bad and clearly wasn't a cramp, it's not discolored or warm to the touch so doubt it's torn

My question is should I book with an RMT, or will this just make it worse since foam rolling/stretching clearly did, or just bite the bullet and go see a doctor just in case it's worse than I'm.thinking

Well I just went through six months of physiotherapy for what I thought was a damaged/torn hamstring that I never took care of until it finally got so bad I went to physiotherapy and he figured out in about 3 minutes it was my lower back and not my hamstring.
At which point it was six months of physiotherapy to repair it.
If you were doing deadlifts/ stiff leg dead’s it’s possible it’s your back .
Try the foam rolling though, heat pack , massage pad if you got it , but if it gets worse I would consult a physiotherapist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMT and a good osteopath or chiropractor should be able to help a lot, rest, make sure you are recovered before you start straining it again. At least significantly reduce the load.
I have been trying RAPID Neuro Fascial Reset with an osteopath and am sold. Visit every few weeks, reassess, and add in a few exercises I do at home. It isn't a lot of time - few 3-5 minute sessions a day.

If it sticks around more than a few weeks, see your doctor albeit I doubt there is anything a GP can do except give you a NSAID and I wouldn't recommend that route.

If you go the doctor route and it is bad enough, you will be sent to a orthopedic surgeon who will most likely order an MRI and advise from there but be prepared for a long wait. Most likely by the time you go through this, you will healed.

I've tried a lot of products to facilitate quicker healing and a few have worked but do not take a few days off and go back trying to to keep hitting your hamstrings thinking you can work through it. Get better so it doesn't become chronic.

Good luck

I been seeing a RMT, since 2003 no Brainer.

RMT and a good osteopath or chiropractor should be able to help a lot, rest, make sure you are recovered before you start straining it again. At least significantly reduce the load.
I have been trying RAPID Neuro Fascial Reset with an osteopath and am sold. Visit every few weeks, reassess, and add in a few exercises I do at home. It isn't a lot of time - few 3-5 minute sessions a day.

If it sticks around more than a few weeks, see your doctor albeit I doubt there is anything a GP can do except give you a NSAID and I wouldn't recommend that route.

If you go the doctor route and it is bad enough, you will be sent to a orthopedic surgeon who will most likely order an MRI and advise from there but be prepared for a long wait. Most likely by the time you go through this, you will healed.

I've tried a lot of products to facilitate quicker healing and a few have worked but do not take a few days off and go back trying to to keep hitting your hamstrings thinking you can work through it. Get better so it doesn't become chronic.

Good luck
This is what I figured, I do have an appointment booked with my rmt for fascias release, but may get her to take a look at my hamstring instead, before bed I took some Tylenol and did some blue ice on the hamstring, feels a bit better today so I think I'll avoid direct training h til my appointment, just do some leg extensions and stuff for quads on both my squat and deadlift day just to get the book pumping

Thanks for all your input