Gyms closed 😢 Finally Back at it at Home

You sure your forearms and hand grip aren't the only muscles getting stronger?
Being serious - what did you get? You don't need much to get a good workout if your creative and the Rogue bands add considerable resistance to the exercises I don't have enough weight for.

I have a
  • power rack that folds into the wall.
  • olympic bar
  • about 700 lbs of bumpers
  • hex bar
  • farmers walk bars
  • adjustable bench
  • power block dumbbells
  • gym rings
  • and various kettlebells and medicine balls

Just took me a while to get it out of storage and set up at the new place.

Next task cardio 👎👎

Damn that’s not that small of a home gym imo, good for you 👌 you got everything to chase the mass ! Bumper plates are so expensive right now I’ve been lucky enough to find a guy that make steel plates by himself and sell them 1$\lbs

Damn that’s not that small of a home gym imo, good for you 👌 you got everything to chase the mass ! Bumper plates are so expensive right now I’ve been lucky enough to find a guy that make steel plates by himself and sell them 1$\lbs
I’ll have to post a pic. It’s stuffed into my garage.

New house has no basement so storage is at a premium.

Well I have the basics at home and managed to fit the equipments in a 10x10’ Empty bedroom lol So far I’ve got an Olympic barbell, 375lbs of homemade steel plates, basic squat rack stand, a pull up bar, two 15 inches Olympic dumbbell to put my own plate on, an adjustable bench that I bought on Amazon. Very basic but It still gets the jobs done. I’ll try to post a pic tomorrow, you’ll laugh

Keep hoping for a reopening but looks like it will not be happening anytime soon in the GTA.

Was kind of skipping workouts thinking gym would open then there’d be no excuse. Back to the little home gym in the garage.

One good thing I realized the other day is I have over 800lbs in bumper plates. So that shouldn’t be an excuse. 😂

I’m in Ontario too and pretty bummed out about gyms being closed. Honestly wish they were deemed essential. My mental health gets pretty bad when I’m not training regularly. Luckily my girlfriends parents have a pretty nice home gym with all the essentials and 600 lbs of plates so we’ve been spending a lot of time there.

I’m thankful I had the space and the cash to setup a home gym after the first lockdown. I have to park my truck in the driveway now but totally worth it having my garage setup

I have a
  • power rack that folds into the wall.
  • olympic bar
  • about 700 lbs of bumpers
  • hex bar
  • farmers walk bars
  • adjustable bench
  • power block dumbbells
  • gym rings
  • and various kettlebells and medicine balls

Just took me a while to get it out of storage and set up at the new place.

Next task cardio 👎👎
Sounds like you have everything you need, good on you. Hex bar is on my list. My home gym has got a lot of use from the fam since Covid hit. Makes you wonder if the gyms will ever bounce back to pre-covid memberships since many have got their own equipment.

I’m thankful I had the space and the cash to setup a home gym after the first lockdown. I have to park my truck in the driveway now but totally worth it having my garage setup
Yes had this in my old place as I had a driveway. Current house doesn’t have a driveway so it’s a bit of a hassle as I have to park in visitors.

Ya fellas need to post up some pics. I’m debating on whether renting out the second half of my basement or converting into a gym

It’s between that or outdoor weights with a rooftop prison style

Lets see them pics see what ya got goin, share them ideas

Sounds like you have everything you need, good on you. Hex bar is on my list. My home gym has got a lot of use from the fam since Covid hit. Makes you wonder if the gyms will ever bounce back to pre-covid memberships since many have got their own equipment.
I think they will as training is really not the same at home. Funny I say this as for years I trained in my garage and it wasn’t until I move back to the city and into a townhouse that a commercial gym became a thing for me again.

As people here are from all over, are the gyms open in your area ? What kind of restrictions are in place?

Alberta here.

Gyms are still open, BUT (and a huge but), you can only work out if you have a one on one training session booked.

Government defined "trainer" as
1) A certified trainer
2) someone who is receiving money to train you.