Guess my body fat %

BertaBoy

Trusted Member
Hey guys, just looking for some guesses from the more experienced guys, but you're more than welcome to guess my body fat % even if you have no clue haha
First pic is October, 225lbs, I had already lost about 15 lbs before I thought to keep a record of my progress.
I'm now trying my best to get as lean as I can before I lose my sanity and just want to level out for a bit. Last 10 lbs has been tough but managed to get it off with help from suggestions from you guys, so thank you so much!!!

Trying to get down to 10%, or as close as I can, so I'm just looking to see where I'm at now, roughly.
Second pic is current as of a few days ago, I think I was right about 180lbs in it

Attachments

• Resize_20220307_135034_4004.jpg
    Resize_20220307_135034_4004.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 99
  • Resize_20220307_135034_4284.jpg
    Resize_20220307_135034_4284.jpg
    799.5 KB · Views: 101
Good work that is great to see. You are still a tad over 20% imo, which is not a bad thing. Keep going a bit more, then fill out with new muscle.

Good job brother
You can do it with hard work and diet ( as you did to get where you are now)

with hard work 8-10% is very possible
If your honest about the work

Good job brother
You can do it with hard work and diet ( as you did to get where you are now)

with hard work 8-10% is very possible
If your honest about the work
Oh I will get there, was just curious as to where i am along the road

Good work that is great to see. You are still a tad over 20% imo, which is not a bad thing. Keep going a bit more, then fill out with new muscle.
One thing i want to mention. Don't try to go sub 10% in this first journey, at that point, unless one is well versed and knows every facet of his body and responses etc. You WILL lose quite a lot of muscle. Get to around 12-13%, then at that point , IF you want to do gear, try it out after again to drop lower in BF%. Gear will hold the muscle even when one makes mistakes etc, it will help. IMO, i would get to 12%, then do a cycle with first 6 weeks focusing on nutrients and building muscle, keep sugars and High GI carbs out of it, limit them a lot. Keep some low GI carbs like oats etc in and time your carbs around Breakfast and workout time. Proteins high and fats fair to high, no carbs and fats together with proteins.

Then after 8 weeks on cycle, switch to a bit more cardio, possibly lower carbs a tad more, protein high and fats moderate. Then the fat will roll off if you have stimulated the body with extra clean calories, and lower a bit during last 6-8 weeks, you will see the difference. A lot.

Important to not try and go to low on BF when learning this stuff and your body. Get lowish, then jump on, if that is the road you still plan on taking.

I was thinking like a bit over 20%, but still a huge weight loss from before.

When you pull up your pants and see decent definition in your abs then you are around 14, lol.
When you are banging your wife and look up and see angular cuts in your abs and lines in your obliques and veins bulging in your abs, then you are 10 and under, lol.

That's how I pretty much tell.

Plus you can buy a cheap caliper tester off of amazon for like $8 and then look online where to take the measurements and work it out yourself.

We are all guilty of underestimating our body fat levels.

One thing i want to mention. Don't try to go sub 10% in this first journey, at that point, unless one is well versed and knows every facet of his body and responses etc. You WILL lose quite a lot of muscle. Get to around 12-13%, then at that point , IF you want to do gear, try it out after again to drop lower in BF%. Gear will hold the muscle even when one makes mistakes etc, it will help. IMO, i would get to 12%, then do a cycle with first 6 weeks focusing on nutrients and building muscle, keep sugars and High GI carbs out of it, limit them a lot. Keep some low GI carbs like oats etc in and time your carbs around Breakfast and workout time. Proteins high and fats fair to high, no carbs and fats together with proteins.

Then after 8 weeks on cycle, switch to a bit more cardio, possibly lower carbs a tad more, protein high and fats moderate. Then the fat will roll off if you have stimulated the body with extra clean calories, and lower a bit during last 6-8 weeks, you will see the difference. A lot.

Important to not try and go to low on BF when learning this stuff and your body. Get lowish, then jump on, if that is the road you still plan on taking.
Yep, Yep. Definitely something to be said for holding your body at a new setpoint for a while too.

I'd guess 18+% too, not that that number really means anything in the end but it can help to define a target to chase for sure. Clearly defined goals etc. In this case however how clearly can the pursuit of this goal be measured if it's not actually being measured?

Personally @BertaBoy I'd tell you to switch strategy here. Take 3 measurements - one at the navel and one each 3 inches above and below then chase those numbers. That's free and not subject to debate about accuracy of the method used.

Free ProTip - Shave that rug off of the high parts of your abs but leave the hair that's in the creases. That'll make your abs appear to be more deeply defined, instant 2% on the visual-o- meter. If you are artistic you can shape in your obliques and pecs the same way too.