Great Garden Hose brands?

If your willing to spend money, a quality heavy duty 3/4 inch fuel line would be the cats ass I think.. no chemical would damage it, wouldn't kink, repairable, exrrmly thick walled etc..

Gates brand would last decades as a garden hose

Cost not the issue, it's going to be a pretty long hose, and being used between the wife and myself (and kids occasionally can hose eachother for fun) I don't want it too heavy

Yeh the digging was the worst part followed by working with 80lb pavers on your knees with your back bent. This was more difficult than the usual project. The previous owners left tons of limestone screening on the sides and back of the house in mounds. So we weren't digging into dirt to drop it to an acceptable level. We were digging through hardened limestone screening. How long did it take you to do the 1,000 sqft? Were they 24x24 2in pavers?
I did it over a couple summers. I had 100 plus feet of retaining wall work to do as well.
Its just a bobby for me. I've done this work at 3 houses I've owned ow, so I have a pretty good grasp on what to do.
I was laying decorative stone, so all different sizes, a lot smaller than 24x24. Not as heavy but a lot of twisting to grab stones. Plus I had no help, so I had to go get stones, get on my knees, lay stones, then get up go get more stones. If I had someone feeding me the stones it would have been way easier on the body. Worst part was it rained the night before so the stone are like a pumice stone and wore the skin off the tips of my fingers until they were raw, lol. You can't wear gloves. So next day I had band aids on the more sensitive fingers.
My neighbor does this for a living so he knew exactly what the band aids were for and got a chuckle. His hands by the end of the year are narley looking.
If I remember I'll post up a pic of the front yard.

I did it over a couple summers. I had 100 plus feet of retaining wall work to do as well.
Its just a bobby for me. I've done this work at 3 houses I've owned ow, so I have a pretty good grasp on what to do.
I was laying decorative stone, so all different sizes, a lot smaller than 24x24. Not as heavy but a lot of twisting to grab stones. Plus I had no help, so I had to go get stones, get on my knees, lay stones, then get up go get more stones. If I had someone feeding me the stones it would have been way easier on the body. Worst part was it rained the night before so the stone are like a pumice stone and wore the skin off the tips of my fingers until they were raw, lol. You can't wear gloves. So next day I had band aids on the more sensitive fingers.
My neighbor does this for a living so he knew exactly what the band aids were for and got a chuckle. His hands by the end of the year are narley looking.
If I remember I'll post up a pic of the front yard.

Yeh post that pic, would like to see it bro. I'll post a pic of my pathway too - I'm noticing today it's starting to swirl out of alignment even though it started straight because when it tired me out I said fuck it it's fine :ROFLMAO:

Would a rubber mallet on the heavier side (28-32oz) be able to knock them into alignment?

Btw, I do 2 hrs a day and call it quits Lol it's fucking exhausting!

Yeh post that pic, would like to see it bro. I'll post a pic of my pathway too - I'm noticing today it's starting to swirl out of alignment even though it started straight because when it tired me out I said fuck it it's fine :ROFLMAO:

Would a rubber mallet on the heavier side (28-32oz) be able to knock them into alignment?

Btw, I do 2 hrs a day and call it quits Lol it's fucking exhausting!
Did you not run string lines, lol. Did you put on edging, well, I guess you wouldnt need edging on that big of paving stones.
yeah always run a string line. My Portuguese neighbour would have come over and yelled at you, lol. If he was pissed off enough he would have started to lift stones and fix it.
Guy did that to me when I was parging and not doing it “right”. He is a master at his job,has a hard time keeping staff though. He doesn’t realize with his accent and he assume that people may not understand him with it, so he yells, lol.

btw don’t worry, if you live southern Ontario where the ground keep moving with the in and out frost all winter, the pavers will not be flat in a couple years, lol.

Here you go. I did the pavers all down the side of the garage past the deck and to the pool as well.
The first pic is from 7 years ago when I got the driveway widened, the pool one is 2 days ago, the front of the house a week ago.

Attachments

• 40C489C4-255D-43C3-817E-C0701EC6E3DE.jpeg
    40C489C4-255D-43C3-817E-C0701EC6E3DE.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 0AAA6108-4C16-41FA-ADFD-AAF364815205.jpeg
    0AAA6108-4C16-41FA-ADFD-AAF364815205.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 6