Glucosamine is as effective as exercise in reducing mortality?

Goldenrod

Staff member

Worth reading albeit I find it hard to fathom, I have never found glucosamine to be very effective for any types of pain. That being said, my step mother can't function without it. If she doesn't take it for a few days her knees hurt so bad she can't walk a slight incline.

another link on glucosamine. Sorry, not sure what happened with the first link.

thanks @Heraclitus

To get the best results I have found that taking 3 pills twice a day of the Glucosomine/Chondroitin/MSM from Costco gives great results for inflammation and pain
Been taking that one since I was 24

Worth reading albeit I find it hard to fathom, I have never found glucosamine to be very effective for any types of pain. That being said, my step mother can't function without it. If she doesn't take it for a few days her knees hurt so bad she can't walk a slight incline.

It works for me, i been taking it for 20 years. If I stop my knees start hurting in a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its one of thoose things I have tried for a long time and never noticed any benifit. Maybe I didn't need it? But never improved my joints . I find fish oil, curcumin, cissus all worked better for me.

I’m thinking maybe after 30 years of heavy labour my joints are perfect because I’ve been taking it since I was 24.
Damn that’s 26 years, lol.
As a note, if you mix it with jello it works better.
My wife was eating 2 sugar free jello for almost a year and her creaky knee almost stopped creaking. It had been an issue for years.

How much are you suppose to take? I may give it another shot but I was thinking about just taking the powder and use a couple grams

Another article. I know its on mice and worms, but nevertheless it Extended their lives. and no I did not read the whole article ..lol

Back in 2006 I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis which led me to trying a zero starch "low klebsiella bacteria" diet developed by a UK Dr. (http://www.kickas.org)
I had moderate success with it, and it got me buying into the whole leaky gut/ molecular mimicry theory of autoimmune disease. So I went all in on healing my gut, and have managed to put the AS into remission for the past 10 years.

Since then in all my reading, I've see this a common thread for most studies on glucosamine, chondroitin, gelatin/collagen, various peptides etc. supplementation is their benefit comes from healing the gut, thereby reducing endotoxins, the resulting inflammatory diseases and systemic stress. Maybe just my own confirmation bias, but I see this as the important vector vs a direct action on healing the joints.

Last edited:
MY Glucosomine/Chondroitin/MSM arrvied today... I think I got enough for 4 months.. Going to give it an honest try. See what happens I guess.