Glucosamine is as effective as exercise in reducing mortality?

Goldenrod

Trusted Member

Worth reading albeit I find it hard to fathom, I have never found glucosamine to be very effective for any types of pain. That being said, my step mother can't function without it. If she doesn't take it for a few days her knees hurt so bad she can't walk a slight incline.

Goldenrod

Trusted Member

another link on glucosamine. Sorry, not sure what happened with the first link.

thanks @Heraclitus

Sorbate

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
To get the best results I have found that taking 3 pills twice a day of the Glucosomine/Chondroitin/MSM from Costco gives great results for inflammation and pain
Been taking that one since I was 24

Oldguyjiujitsu

OAF
Trusted Member

Worth reading albeit I find it hard to fathom, I have never found glucosamine to be very effective for any types of pain. That being said, my step mother can't function without it. If she doesn't take it for a few days her knees hurt so bad she can't walk a slight incline.

It works for me, i been taking it for 20 years. If I stop my knees start hurting in a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
Its one of thoose things I have tried for a long time and never noticed any benifit. Maybe I didn't need it? But never improved my joints . I find fish oil, curcumin, cissus all worked better for me.

Sorbate

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
I’m thinking maybe after 30 years of heavy labour my joints are perfect because I’ve been taking it since I was 24.
Damn that’s 26 years, lol.
As a note, if you mix it with jello it works better.
My wife was eating 2 sugar free jello for almost a year and her creaky knee almost stopped creaking. It had been an issue for years.

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
How much are you suppose to take? I may give it another shot but I was thinking about just taking the powder and use a couple grams

Heraclitus

Trusted Member
Back in 2006 I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis which led me to trying a zero starch "low klebsiella bacteria" diet developed by a UK Dr. (http://www.kickas.org)
I had moderate success with it, and it got me buying into the whole leaky gut/ molecular mimicry theory of autoimmune disease. So I went all in on healing my gut, and have managed to put the AS into remission for the past 10 years.

Since then in all my reading, I've see this a common thread for most studies on glucosamine, chondroitin, gelatin/collagen, various peptides etc. supplementation is their benefit comes from healing the gut, thereby reducing endotoxins, the resulting inflammatory diseases and systemic stress. Maybe just my own confirmation bias, but I see this as the important vector vs a direct action on healing the joints.

Last edited:

animal-inside

Trusted Member
MY Glucosomine/Chondroitin/MSM arrvied today... I think I got enough for 4 months.. Going to give it an honest try. See what happens I guess.