Garlic consumption and reduced cancer risk

garlic is way to acidic to consume. Its ph level is 3.3. Garlic is known to reduce cholesterol by removing the plaque in your arteries, which it does but it also destroys the arteries themselves. I highly recommend not eating garlic.
Garlic and all its constituents are GRAS according to the USDA. a pH of 3.3 is nowhere near damaging for the GI tract.

I don't love garlic, but those claims... need some serious evidence behind them!

Garlic and all its constituents are GRAS according to the USDA. a pH of 3.3 is nowhere near damaging for the GI tract.

I don't love garlic, but those claims... need some serious evidence behind them!
Good point my evidence is from anecdotal sources and im no doctor. I suggest people do their research on it and make up their own mind rather than listen to me. Sorry if you love garlic im just a messenger.

Good point my evidence is from anecdotal sources and im no doctor. I suggest people do their research on it and make up their own mind rather than listen to me. Sorry if you love garlic im just a messenger.
Nah, I think it tastes terrible to be honest aha, but I saw your intro post tonight (welcome!), most us (aggressively) ask for good evidence behind bold claims here!

Nah, I think it tastes terrible to be honest aha, but I saw your intro post tonight (welcome!), most us (aggressively) ask for good evidence behind bold claims here!
I was going to post some links but this is something that if you care enough you should do your own research and basically my comments are inline with the akaline diet. If you dont think trying to eat more akaline foods is good that is your call, but in general akaline foods are better for you and acidic foods are not. Garlic is a classic case of not being a great idea. Its so acidic that it clears your arteries and lowers blood pressure but if it can disolve junk in your arteries its perhaps disolving things that it shouldn't. If you want some links here are a couple. But in the end you have to make up your own mind.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/the-alkaline-diet-myth (devils advocate)

I was going to post some links but this is something that if you care enough you should do your own research and basically my comments are inline with the akaline diet. If you dont think trying to eat more akaline foods is good that is your call, but in general akaline foods are better for you and acidic foods are not. Garlic is a classic case of not being a great idea. Its so acidic that it clears your arteries and lowers blood pressure but if it can disolve junk in your arteries its perhaps disolving things that it shouldn't. If you want some links here are a couple. But in the end you have to make up your own mind.

Google Scholar and Scihub both offer very easy to search, and well indexed journals. See, for example

That's the standard of reply we like around here :)

Google Scholar and Scihub both offer very easy to search, and well indexed journals. See, for example

That's the standard of reply we like around here :)
Thanks for the tip. Im not a fan of google though as its a bit of a liberal hocus pocus. I'll check out sci hub though thanks for the links

garlic is way to acidic to consume. Its ph level is 3.3. Garlic is known to reduce cholesterol by removing the plaque in your arteries, which it does but it also destroys the arteries themselves. I highly recommend not eating garlic.
Hi @jackson - would you mind posting the medical study showing garlic destroys your arteries. I would like to read it as I have never heard that before.
thanks,
GR

Hello again,

I looked over those links and didn't see anything on destroying your arteries. Maybe I missed it as I am reading fast.