Furius is a happy fella :)

I am doing 5 iu a day of GH and I am using humalog 5 IU before I eat. I have been feeling good so I will keep doing what I am doing for another week and then I will probably increase the GH. I am also doing 250 of test e and 150 of EQ a week as well. Don't feel that I need to change much at this point however 'things only work for a while ... then they don;t'

I am doing 5 iu a day of GH and I am using humalog 5 IU before I eat. I have been feeling good so I will keep doing what I am doing for another week and then I will probably increase the GH. I am also doing 250 of test e and 150 of EQ a week as well. Don't feel that I need to change much at this point however 'things only work for a while ... then they don;t'

Funny you say that cause I'm on the fence If I should start running humalog again now that I have the hgh lol? It's bulking season now after all :)

Funny you say that cause I'm on the fence If I should start running humalog again now that I have the hgh lol? It's bulking season now after all :)
I only do it to boost the processing of blood glucose when I eat. I like to experiment ... that is why I play with this stuff to see if I can improve my overall quality of life and feeling of well being. I do not go overboard though. I just increase a bit at a time and then I only go so high based on what I read and how I feel. If I start feeling like crap I will start reducing what I am taking.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean?

If the GH is increasing your blood sugars, you can use insulin to bring it down. Growth hormone causes increased levels of IGF1 (Insulin like growth factor) which binds to the same receptors as Insulin does (hence the “insulin like” part of insulin like growth factor). Insulin receptors being taken up in your body can cause blood glucose to increase as it is not as efficiently being transported to the cells due to the partial blockage at the receptors. You can combat this with use of exogenous insulin.

This isn’t an encouragement to use insulin for people using GH. This is simply educational, explaining the correlation. You must REALLY understand what your doing, because with insulin you risk killing yourself if used improperly. I have however talked to you in PMs before and you mentioned you have used insulin, and you mentioned using it in this thread.. so I imagine you atleast have somewhat of an idea what you are doing with insulin use. I just don’t want some newbies to read this taking 2ius of weakotropin and then starts banging Lantus thinking that I was encouraging them to do it lol.

If you monitor and log your blood glucose at different levels of the day (when waking up, after a meal of x amount of carbs, after cardio, etc) and really get a feel for what your typical blood glucose levels are, you can then see how it changes on GH. If you notice your blood sugars start to get high, responsible insulin use would be the correction. If BG stays relatively normal and you are content with the results you are getting, no need for exogenous insulin.

@Cumminstech2 that is axactly what I am doing .... I monitor my blood glucose multiple times daily as I am on a BG diet where I try to keep my BG in a 4.4 to 5.4 range for optimal fat burning. That is the theory anyway and it seems to be working. I am only using about 5iu of gh prior to my work out and about 10 minutes later I take the insulin 5 iu right after I get my self a big protein shake mixed with some fruit and yogurt ( not a lot as want to keep blood sugar within the range) and drink this while training. I take my BG level prior to GH, insulin and food ingestion and then 30 min into my workout I take my BG again then 30 minutes after my workout. My BG has been staying within the range and I always have some glucose tabs around just in case... I have never had a problem yet. However any input you may have would be appreciated. I also go off the insulin every other week So I don't become insulin insensitive. I shouldn't as I use fast acting insulin.. I keep reading on the subject and experimenting but I don't go crazy as that is how you get your self in trouble. I like the incremental approach of small changes, see what they do, if they are favorable make another one and on and on. At some point changing the same things will not have an impact so I go off them and move on to other things for a while and then circle back around.

@Cumminstech2 that is axactly what I am doing .... I monitor my blood glucose multiple times daily as I am on a BG diet where I try to keep my BG in a 4.4 to 5.4 range for optimal fat burning. That is the theory anyway and it seems to be working. I am only using about 5iu of gh prior to my work out and about 10 minutes later I take the insulin 5 iu right after I get my self a big protein shake mixed with some fruit and yogurt ( not a lot as want to keep blood sugar within the range) and drink this while training. I take my BG level prior to GH, insulin and food ingestion and then 30 min into my workout I take my BG again then 30 minutes after my workout. My BG has been staying within the range and I always have some glucose tabs around just in case... I have never had a problem yet. However any input you may have would be appreciated. I also go off the insulin every other week So I don't become insulin insensitive. I shouldn't as I use fast acting insulin.. I keep reading on the subject and experimenting but I don't go crazy as that is how you get your self in trouble. I like the incremental approach of small changes, see what they do, if they are favorable make another one and on and on. At some point changing the same things will not have an impact so I go off them and move on to other things for a while and then circle back around.

the only input I could add would be a box of orange juice in your gym bag. 5iu log is fairly mild, but better safe than sorry. If a hypoglycemic episode were to hit you hard at the gym while training, chewing hard tabs may be difficult. A high natural sugar drink like orange juice could be easier to get down.

as for the practical usage of dosage/timing etc, everything I know about insulin use I have learned from my coach who is on the canadian boards and it wouldn’t be fair to give his information to his training clients away, plus I probably wouldnt want some 20 year old kid to take what I say out of context and start shooting 10iu of lantus.. so for those 2 reasons I probably won’t dive too much deeper into using slin.

I can tag @bebeav though as he has to use insulin, and see if he cares to touch on any of this at all :)

@Cumminstech2 , thanks for tags and i'm sorry for the delayed answer. So much to do in the last months.

@pgmunn I don't think i could add anything at the moment since everything look really safe and well monitored. That's the key! Maybe, like Cumminstech2 told you, just have liquid sugar source, you never know when an hypo hit you a bit much harder and faster than you think and moving/thinking become and incredible task to accomplish.