Friggin KFC

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Had to make a LONG drive after work today. 7 hour round trip... Left work without even eating dinner. Last meal was 2:30pm and haven't had a cheat meal in a long time. so figged McDonalds time

So Around 9pm, I saw the golden arches.. pulled in and the restaurant was completely shut down due to covid outbreak. My heart sank, but across the parking lot I saw a KFC.. my mouth watered..

I pulled through the drive through and looked at the menu quick. Been years since I've had KFC so it all looked good. I picked some "double meal" thing.. HAd a chicken sandwhich, chicken bites, fries and a side salad (I picked macaroni).

The guy on the mic said it would be "5 mins".. If a fast food place tells you it will be 5 mins, you know it will be 10-15.. no biggie.. I pull up and wait.

He hands me my drink and meal in a KFC bag. I pull on to the highway and reach into the bag.. I first feel the fries, I was a bit caught off gaurd at how small the bag of fries was, but I'm still doing ok.. I am a ketchup guy.. I can't eat fries without.. the teenage pimple dick put no kethcup in.. I eat the dry fries..

I reach into the bag and find a tiny box of chicken bites.. it was tiny.. and no dipping sauce.. I try one.. holy shit I can't believe how awful they were.. I swear it was like a chicken bite you'd buy in the frozen food section you put in your oven. A tiny round, breaded dry peice of chicken.. Awfull..

I reach for the sandwhich.. on the menu it looked big.. I was really pissed at this point when I realized how small it was.. No way it would even be 30 grams of protien. It tasted ok.. but nothing I'd ever say was good.

Driving down the highway at 11pm (up since 5:45).. irratated as all fuck about wasting a cheat meal on such a awful meal.

I never eat much KFC.. I used to not mind it as a cheat meal until they changed stuff up years ago..

At least with McDicks, you know what to expec.

Man I feel your pain.hahaha today I did the same thing. Same situation I never eat fast food but was so.hungry I couldn't help it. Got to Mcdicks, thought I'd be a "healthy" mcdonalds eater and grab a chicken burger With a diet coke and fries. I pulled away. Got cold fries, A big Mac and a coke. FmL hahaha carbs it is

Had to make a LONG drive after work today. 7 hour round trip... Left work without even eating dinner. Last meal was 2:30pm and haven't had a cheat meal in a long time. so figged McDonalds time

So Around 9pm, I saw the golden arches.. pulled in and the restaurant was completely shut down due to covid outbreak. My heart sank, but across the parking lot I saw a KFC.. my mouth watered..

I pulled through the drive through and looked at the menu quick. Been years since I've had KFC so it all looked good. I picked some "double meal" thing.. HAd a chicken sandwhich, chicken bites, fries and a side salad (I picked macaroni).

The guy on the mic said it would be "5 mins".. If a fast food place tells you it will be 5 mins, you know it will be 10-15.. no biggie.. I pull up and wait.

He hands me my drink and meal in a KFC bag. I pull on to the highway and reach into the bag.. I first feel the fries, I was a bit caught off gaurd at how small the bag of fries was, but I'm still doing ok.. I am a ketchup guy.. I can't eat fries without.. the teenage pimple dick put no kethcup in.. I eat the dry fries..

I reach into the bag and find a tiny box of chicken bites.. it was tiny.. and no dipping sauce.. I try one.. holy shit I can't believe how awful they were.. I swear it was like a chicken bite you'd buy in the frozen food section you put in your oven. A tiny round, breaded dry peice of chicken.. Awfull..

I reach for the sandwhich.. on the menu it looked big.. I was really pissed at this point when I realized how small it was.. No way it would even be 30 grams of protien. It tasted ok.. but nothing I'd ever say was good.

Driving down the highway at 11pm (up since 5:45).. irratated as all fuck about wasting a cheat meal on such a awful meal.

I never eat much KFC.. I used to not mind it as a cheat meal until they changed stuff up years ago..

At least with McDicks, you know what to expec.
I honestly thought this would end with..... and then I shit my pants.

most fast food stories I tell end with those words....

I hadn't ate KFC in years, last time was driving out west, had the double down sandwich combo in Kenora.

My go to fast food is A&W. They never disappoint me.

KFC don't got shit on Chick-fil-A 🤩

only fast food i eat is harvey's as the burgers are done over a grill ( and you get to choose toppings... hot peppers... yum) ...you get plenty of good tasting fries and onion rings are good as well. Captain Sub is just good food if you get a 12" steak and cheese sub with whole wheat. My mouth is watering akready

I actually forgot to tell another detail of the story I forgot last night, but rememebered today when I was telling the wife..

The side salad I choose was macaroni...

It was the last thing I pulled out of the bag.. I really liked KFC macaroni salad..

Anyways, the size of the salad was about the size of cup they give you to pump ketchup in from the big bottle in the store..

And the macaroni has very very little sauce.. it was mostly just the pasta..

AND--> it was semi frozen lol.. it had ice crystals through out.. cold as fuck and half forzen..

My biggest disappointment with KFC is the perpetually shrinking pieces.
more like pigeon pieces than chicken.
Popeyes is more like the old KFC used to be.

Guys at work order the buckets of KFC every now and then, last time was mid Dec I think. I always have one or two and damn is it ever good!

You need to order the big pieces of chicken, that's the good stuff, but the salt content must be near lethal levels as the amount of water I have to drink is shocking.

Guys at work order the buckets of KFC every now and then, last time was mid Dec I think. I always have one or two and damn is it ever good!

You need to order the big pieces of chicken, that's the good stuff, but the salt content must be near lethal levels as the amount of water I have to drink is shocking.

I still remember the buckets of chicken peices from KFC in the 80's and early 90's being better.. maybe it was just such a rare thing for us kids to get that it seemed better than it was lol

I still remember the buckets of chicken peices from KFC in the 80's and early 90's being better.. maybe it was just such a rare thing for us kids to get that it seemed better than it was lol

Me too. Those were good days. They probably used MSG back then

making my own kfc was sort of a project of mine couple years back after the chicken i was getting was dry and flavorless. at least it used to be fatty and salty for a cheat meal fix. appears they have been tweaking the recipe since the colonel sold interest in his company. i think kfc has shot themselves. i dont know anyone anymore buying their plain chicken. from my experiments it seem like they have changed so much from back in the day that its a completely different recipe. buy some tellicherry pepper some time, the smell will bring memories of old time kfc. its more expensive so they probable dropped it altogether.

Reactions: 3ml
I never had KFC since I don’t eat meat. Sorry that happened to you @animal-inside I driving long distances and definitely know where you are coming from. I personally like to pack cold bag with my own drinks and snacks if I travel long distance. Definitely not a fan of fast food I like to know on what I get the pictures are deceiving.

making my own kfc was sort of a project of mine couple years back after the chicken i was getting was dry and flavorless. at least it used to be fatty and salty for a cheat meal fix. appears they have been tweaking the recipe since the colonel sold interest in his company. i think kfc has shot themselves. i dont know anyone anymore buying their plain chicken. from my experiments it seem like they have changed so much from back in the day that its a completely different recipe. buy some tellicherry pepper some time, the smell will bring memories of old time kfc. its more expensive so they probable dropped it altogether.

I beleive I found the original receipe a few years ago.. Someone spent a lot of time experimenting and thought they hand it pinned down....

I thnk this is the right link.. I have a few saved that claim to be original kfo

ive tried several of these recipes but it really was never a secret recipe. there was always was retailers selling the original recipe. they just legally cant say kfc. imo, its about the big things, not the 11 herbs and spices. they used to brine the meat. pressure cook deep fryer, peanut oil, salt pepper(tellecherry) msg.

ive tried several of these recipes but it really was never a secret recipe. there was always was retailers selling the original recipe. they just legally cant say kfc. imo, its about the big things, not the 11 herbs and spices. they used to brine the meat. pressure cook deep fryer, peanut oil, salt pepper(tellecherry) msg.
They stopped brining and started to pump the meatwith phosphates.
There is no way the original had phosphates because they were not allowed legally as a food ingredient until the 90’s in North America.
That is partly why it’s soggy now. This also allows them to use a lower quality meat.