Free tv?

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
I think its time to get rid of cable. Only really watch sports and its quite expensive. What Is everyone using for free or cheap programs? I use Streameast for most sports and ufcs. Ive heard of raspberry pii and firestick? I need something simple

You could add a laptop if have one to your tv. For hockey baseball, etc you could use what I use sportsurge.net. I don't know if it has UFC on it. (I don't watch UFC)
For some tv shows and movies you could use tubi. There is another one I will look it up for you. There is Android boxes where you you only pay once a year.

Nothing can remotely close to Syncler - call it free but it really isn't. You pay $20 a year for the best streams, need a real debrid account which is $13 Euros for 6 months, and you buy an orion subscription for their providers - think another $20 for 6 months.
It was made harder to use albeit a monkey can do it if you can read and follow directions. Best guess is it costs me $100 per year for every show/movie you can think of. Unless you see this program in action, you wouldn't believe it.

It auto updates, hasn't had to touch it in 6 or more months and every show/movie pretty much ever available is there. It is magic and looks just like Netflix and works just as fast. It is a clone from TVzion which is incredible too.

Only negative is no live TV - you have to wait approx 12 hours for the shows to come out. Has 4K streams and I run it on the Nvidia Shield which is the best android box as it was made for TV.

My sat receiver broke not too long ago and I realized I hadn't used it in forever so I just cancelled it instead of investing in a new box. I did use it for Jets games, now I do SportsNet or TSN app for games (not free). You can do NHL66 for NHL games, It's free but it's a bit off to watch on a big TV.

Nothing can remotely close to Syncler - call it free but it really isn't. You pay $20 a year for the best streams, need a real debrid account which is $13 Euros for 6 months, and you buy an orion subscription for their providers - think another $20 for 6 months.
It was made harder to use albeit a monkey can do it if you can read and follow directions. Best guess is it costs me $100 per year for every show/movie you can think of. Unless you see this program in action, you wouldn't believe it.

It auto updates, hasn't had to touch it in 6 or more months and every show/movie pretty much ever available is there. It is magic and looks just like Netflix and works just as fast. It is a clone from TVzion which is incredible too.

Only negative is no live TV - you have to wait approx 12 hours for the shows to come out. Has 4K streams and I run it on the Nvidia Shield which is the best android box as it was made for TV.
agreed it is an incredible APK. Troypoint is a great resource for this info

downloading still is the best way for tv and movies. you can use an app like stremio or popcorntime to give torrents that streaming experience.
you got the sports thing figured out but on a device you can access these sites with an app
pi is a hobbyist computer youll have to fk around installing an os you are probably not familiar with. i dont think its worth the money.
fire stick 4k is what i use. i download shows on it and sometimes stream live stuff. its android but to get it good you will have to fuck with it to install a more convenient interface, expand the memory. you can get it for $60. i think you can pre pay at visions and get $10 off if you curb side pick up. it may go down because they are revamping all their devices.
i think an android box with amlogic 905x3 processor with 4gig ram are still considered the min for running 4k video and go for about $80 or more. would be easiest choice but youd have to do the research on what to get.
as said, troypoint is the best resource for firestick, chrome and android devices. if you want to do more technical stuff there is techdoctoruk
all the canadian providers can be accessed with your internet providers password like ctv, global, cbc , citytv.
you can get modded apps too that give you premium service or filter out ads. troypoint has the info on how to get these depositories

amazon is dumping the firestick 4k for $35 now
What exactly does the firestick 4k do? Is it any better than Amazon Prime? Does it have more shows and movies? When it comes to technology, I'm lightyears behind the game.

its just a cheap media playing device that amazon supplements the cost to lock you into buying their content. so if you have prime this device is convenient to have. thing is its not too hard to load android apps on it so you can use it to stream, torrent and direct download illegal content. there is lots of legal free content too. like major canadian and american tv networks, movie apps, youtube... but they are ad supported. so instead of paying for a service with a limited amount of content, with some work you get everything that ever existed for free.

its just a cheap media playing device that amazon supplements the cost to lock you into buying their content. so if you have prime this device is convenient to have. thing is its not too hard to load android apps on it so you can use it to stream, torrent and direct download illegal content. there is lots of legal free content too. like major canadian and american tv networks, movie apps, youtube... but they are ad supported. so instead of paying for a service with a limited amount of content, with some work you get everything that ever existed for free.
I think I'll look into this. I strange enjoyment of watching British crime dramas. If i can get access to British television, that'd be great.

if you want to stream british tv there is probably a regional lockout. youll need to pay for a vpn. you can get the service for $10 lifetime subscription. dont know how long they will really last. but you can download or stream torrent. the firestick has a big limitation with space but you can download several 480p files, a few 1080p movies but probably not enough room to download a single 4k movie. you can set up a server on your pc and stream downloads from that but they will take some time figuring out setting it up. you can stream torrents no problem if there are lots of seeders in 4k but if you dont, its can stutter.