Forarm wrist and hand fatigue

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
Lately I've gotten this really weird sensation in my wrists and hands mostly thumbs not fingers as much. It doesn't hurt but it feels like the muscle or somethings fatigued. I don't know if I injured them somehow and didn't realize. Has anyone ever experienced this? It's like a feeling of weakness and when I try to use my thumbs they get shaky. Overall strength is good I can lift weights and swing puck axes but it's gentle precise movements affected. I dont expect anyone to necessarily know but it's worth a shot. Just hope it's not ALS or multiple sclerosis or something

I think everybody in this world is having anxiety right now due to Covid and war. Try to see if you can mentally take care of yourself like find things that you enjoy doing that can help you. Try to do meditation, listening to positive music or positive reading, slow breathing helps or even being out in the nature and getting out and experiencing new things helps as well like traveling or as a simple as going camping as a new scene. I really pray that you feel better 🙏

I think everybody in this world is having anxiety right now due to Covid and war. Try to see if you can mentally take care of yourself like find things that you enjoy doing that can help you. Try to do meditation, listening to positive music or positive reading, slow breathing helps or even being out in the nature and getting out and experiencing new things helps as well like traveling or as a simple as going camping as a new scene. I really pray that you feel better 🙏
Thanks Annika I do have medication that helps but I hate taking it lol

I've also taken a lot of good beatings and hits to the head so in the back of my mind when these things happen I think it could be Parkinsons or from head injuries

Meditation omg 😳 I need to take a break from speaking Russian and maybe concentrate on my English. I am so sorry!!!
Oh your right I've tried meditation and it's really nice. I just can't find the time for it we are all so busy with life and everything

Oh your right I've tried meditation and it's really nice. I just can't find the time for it we are all so busy with life and everything
Yeah, but are you going to live your life or are you going to let it conquer it? Waking Up app its amazing it’s 10 minute meditation. @WinnipegMuscle recommended that to me. It really helps.

Last edited:
My joints all over my body started aching, I am unable to sleep at night and can’t stay asleep when I do, I got constipated which rarely happens, and I started to get pimples on my forehead which never happens. I think all of this is happening because I have been stressed lately more than I ever have been in my life. I’m guessing yours might be stress related too.

My friend was feelings pins and needles and numbness in his finger tips every now and then. He stopped drinking Coca Cola everyday and it stopped completely. It’s his favourite drink and mine as well, he’s been drinking it for over twenty years regularly. Maybe his case was a coincidence or a rare case but it might be diet related for you as well. I had pimples on my scalp from consuming carbs for many years. I was on Accutane for many years for no reason, everything was diet related for me as well.

Lately I've gotten this really weird sensation in my wrists and hands mostly thumbs not fingers as much. It doesn't hurt but it feels like the muscle or somethings fatigued. I don't know if I injured them somehow and didn't realize. Has anyone ever experienced this? It's like a feeling of weakness and when I try to use my thumbs they get shaky. Overall strength is good I can lift weights and swing puck axes but it's gentle precise movements affected. I dont expect anyone to necessarily know but it's worth a shot. Just hope it's not ALS or multiple sclerosis or something
Based on your lab work on another thread im going to guess carpel tunnel syndrome, likely from being hypothyroidism.

My joints all over my body started aching, I am unable to sleep at night and can’t stay asleep when I do, I got constipated which rarely happens, and I started to get pimples on my forehead which never happens. I think all of this is happening because I have been stressed lately more than I ever have been in my life. I’m guessing yours might be stress related too.

My friend was feelings pins and needles and numbness in his finger tips every now and then. He stopped drinking Coca Cola everyday and it stopped completely. It’s his favourite drink and mine as well, he’s been drinking it for over twenty years regularly. Maybe his case was a coincidence or a rare case but it might be diet related for you as well. I had pimples on my scalp from consuming carbs for many years. I was on Accutane for many years for no reason, everything was diet related for me as well.
Yea. I think coffee might be my culprit I have 3 or 4 a day and I am perscribbed adderall. Seems a bit much but when used to the adderall it doesn't give you energy eventually hence the coffee

Yes, it seems like stomach and the mind seems to work together 🤷‍♀️ I personally feel like I need to listen to my gut more than my brain.

Yes, it seems like stomach and the mind seems to work together 🤷‍♀️ I personally feel like I need to listen to my gut more than my brain.
Hippocrates said thousands of years ago that all health starts in the gut. I totally agree too

Do you just have a good sense of humor or do you think I'm some dipshit who doesn't deserve an honest respectful opinion? Just thought I'd ask
Morning @Jerbear - he is just joking. Many of the @The Old Guy 's posts have humour in them. Take no offense - I guarantee he meant no offense.
As for your first post, I wouldn't immediately consider a neurological disease because of hand/thumb weakness of shakiness. If it is bothering you, go to the doctor. If they consider it to be nerve related (not necessarily a neurological disease) you will be referred to a neurologist who will most likely do a nerve conduction test.

In the meantime I’d be careful lifting heavy dumbells and barbells, ie bench presses & shoulder presses, over and above your head/face. When your wrist or hands are so fatigued they can give out without any indication or notice especially in those last struggling reps. And them thumbs are needed for them strong grips