Flaxseed with alpha lipoic acid

Goldenrod

Staff member

Some of the old school bodybuilders - 15- 20 years ago - would take flaxseed oil when taking orals. This study has two substances in it.
Studies sometimes contradict each other over a period of years but I haven’t found any linking flaxseed oil to health issues - this one is relatively new, 2013.

Over time if you stress your liver and cause damage, you can end up with fatty liver and never know it until your liver enzymes are off or you have an ultrasound. I wrote about it before but it was the Mono virus that attacked my liver and a year later approx my enzymes went back to normal but the virus left me with a present a mildly fatty liver which then went mild to moderate.
Fatty liver can be somewhat benign or over time turn into cirrhosis and kill you - not being morbid but a fact explained to me by a gastroenterologist.
I have messed around with supplements for years to heal my liver as the liver can regenerate and my last yearly ultrasound showed no fatty infiltration and all my liver enzymes are normal.
Just more info for the members to read and consider.

I was reading that ALA can cause heartburn in some individuals. It did note that to lessen the chances of this, not to take it on an empty some, instead to take it with meals. Also, to drink plenty of water while using ALA.

Anyone with GERD may have to experiment with this to see if they can tolerate ALA.