First supplent you ever bought/tried ?

My fist time out was a York basic bench and Real McCoy Cast iron Barbells from Hamilton Ontario. I had the entire Charles Atlas "Dynamic Tension" lifestyle booklets and the York Barbell Co. Booklet featuring Reg Park!!

Started with the most god awful egg and milk protein on earth and Desiccated liver pills!

Cybergentic mass gainer 3000. It was 3 times the price of everything else, but had all the supplements right in it.
This was in 94.
That and litres of milk.

After that I just trained like a beast. I remember a lot of days where it was hard to get moving to the shower in the morning because I was so stiff.
I used to sleep in only 2 positions so I wouldnt get any muscle pulls, lol.

Last edited:
Introduced to the whole Ronnie Coleman advertised N.O XLODE and all that lol....purpleK....there was a year M1Ts were available lol but my first supplement was actually N.O XPLoDE pre workout. I’m trying to find out the name of this supplement from 5ishbyears ago it was a post workout creating drink that was called like Cryogenic something or other and it had an intense cooling sensation when you drank it.....nobody seems to remember it or what I’m talking about but other then protein powder that’s the only supplement I would buy these days,,except like BCAAS and stuff

Actually that first protein would have been the summer of '78. That is the summer I picked up the weights for the first time. That would have been after 4 or 5 months of using a weider chest expander spring set....anyone remember that?
Brought back some memories, had the Weider Chest Expander too, red handles, got it for Christmas when I was 13 or 14. . I remember only being able to do or 3 springs and being pumped when I could finally stretch all 5. The next year I got my bench and blue plastic Weider weight set from Kmart, lol