First supplent you ever bought/tried ?

Wolfinator

Trusted Member
Wayyyy back in the late1980s, my brother and I invested in some cement - filled plastic weider weights and a bench. When we didn't get huge within a few weeks, we decided it was time to buy some supplements! Our local health food store had a small supplement section and I remember buying a jar of the original Animal Paks thinking they were pretty much magic pills that would add several pounds of muscle (They didn't) My brother invested in a can of chewable protien tablets. I also recall buying some smylax and inosine there with pretty much the same results...expensive piss...haha

What were YOUR first experiences with supplements?

I worked at a bakery back in the late 70's early 80's and they had this whey milk powder. I tried to mix that stuff up and it didn't miix well so I drank chewed it down lol. We were desperate for stuff back then ... never heard of gear... lol. The first protein powder I bought was casein .. it was chocolate and it was a Frank Zane product ... tasted like shit ... drank it anyway

Weider 90% protein pills. It had a picture of Larry Scott on the can. Kept the can for years afterwords. Not sure whatever happened to it. Next was their protein powder which was absolutely discusting and would not mix with a spoon. ,you had to drink it and stir it at the same time or it was a lumpy mess. Most proteins from the 80's were trash.

Did you buy the protein Pasta as well ? I actually put on a fair bit of muscle using this programs.
No, I didn't but the workouts were insane and the US supplements worked. I gained 10 lbs in 2 months - all muscle as I was much younger and very lean. Took a few months off an bought the Canadian version which did not have the same ingredients and got F all from it.