First slin run

Northwolf

Hi! Im going to start using slin (Humalog) this week. So it would be great if you help me with your tips and experiences

Been blasting and cruising for 3 years. Running 250test e/week at the moment. Next week I will probably add some Tren ace to the stack (50mg daily)

I've been researching on insulin for some months. So I'm going to use the Mutant Insulin Protocol for some weeks (2-4, not sure yet) BUT I'm not running HGH and I'm not planning to do

Some people say you need to pin 30 minutes before workout. Other people say 15. Does this timing need to be super strict? As soon as I pin I will drink the first shake with 40-60 grams maltodextrin, 20 grams hidrolyzed protein and 5 grams creatine

As soon as I start training I will start drinking shake 2, with 40-60 grams dextrose, 20 grams hidrolyzed protein and 5 grams creatine

And full carbs and protein meal when I get home. I'm from Spain so writing this in English is a little bit difficult to me. So sorry in advance if I made some mistakes!

Let me know your tips and what do you think guys

Does this timing need to be super strict?
Does the timing of your workout need to be super strict? Not exactly. Should the timing of your shakes be super strict, YES. So if your shake is related to your training, then the timing of your training should be super strict as well.

You want to match your food around 3 things. Onset, Peak and Duration. If you don't know and truly understand these 3 things, I suggest you research some more before starting. If you're comfortable with these 3, then you already know the answer to your question :)

Does the timing of your workout need to be super strict? Not exactly. Should the timing of your shakes be super strict, YES. So if your shake is related to your training, then the timing of your training should be super strict as well.

You want to match your food around 3 things. Onset, Peak and Duration. If you don't know and truly understand these 3 things, I suggest you research some more before starting. If you're comfortable with these 3, then you already know the answer to your question :)
Thanks for this response!! You made a good point. I've been researching a lot so...

- I'm taking my first shake 5 mins after the injection
-The second one needs to match the peak of the Humalog, if I'm right. Humalog peaks in 1 hour. At this time I will be training for sure, so I will be drinking my second shake. (Taking small sips every set)
-When I get home I will take a shake (oats, egg whites) or eat a full meal. At this time the insulin is done

Anyway I'll wait few more days to read all your opinions and suggestions

And always be prepared for a second peak. It can happen and you will know it is. Listen to your body. If it’s telling you....you need sugar... take some.

And always be sure that your 10iu is 10iu......or whatever your dose may be...It might sound like a no brainer, but you would be surprised at how many guys mess up their insulin doses and wonder why they are hypo as fuck even after consuming ridiculous amounts of sugar.

Thanks for this response!! You made a good point. I've been researching a lot so...

- I'm taking my first shake 5 mins after the injection
-The second one needs to match the peak of the Humalog, if I'm right. Humalog peaks in 1 hour. At this time I will be training for sure, so I will be drinking my second shake. (Taking small sips every set)
-When I get home I will take a shake (oats, egg whites) or eat a full meal. At this time the insulin is done

Anyway I'll wait few more days to read all your opinions and suggestions

Starting out I would aim at 10g of carbs per iu minimum. Honestly I’d probably not start at 10iu if I were you start at 5.
Make sure you have some sugar with you at all times. You will feel when you are starting to go hypo. Get that sugar in your body. Insulin can be tricky and it can vary day to day xx amount of carbs per iu may work for you many times and then wham one day insulin will throw you a surprise.

Here is an example. I was running 10iu pre and post workout. I was eating About 150 grams of carbs to cover that amount of insulin. It was working well for a col weeks. I came home from the gym took my shot had a 50 g carb shake and protein. Within an hour I ate a huge meal with 100 grams of carbs. I went to the mall right after my meal. As I was walking around I could feel myself going hypo. Ok well I’ll just head to the food court right. Well it hit me so hard and fast I was pouring sweat and became confused a simple walk to the food court but I was getting lost. I started to become worried as I knew I was getting in real bad shape. Finally I saw the food court pushed my way to the front of the line and told the guy I was diabetic and to please get me a Pepsi ASAP. By this time my shirt was soaked and I felt like shit. I ended up having 3 more Pepsi’s and 4 slices of pizza.
Anyhow what I’m saying is make sure you always have some sugar with you Insulin WILL surprise you one day so be prepared for it

Starting out I would aim at 10g of carbs per iu minimum. Honestly I’d probably not start at 10iu if I were you start at 5.
Make sure you have some sugar with you at all times. You will feel when you are starting to go hypo. Get that sugar in your body. Insulin can be tricky and it can vary day to day xx amount of carbs per iu may work for you many times and then wham one day insulin will throw you a surprise.

Here is an example. I was running 10iu pre and post workout. I was eating About 150 grams of carbs to cover that amount of insulin. It was working well for a col weeks. I came home from the gym took my shot had a 50 g carb shake and protein. Within an hour I ate a huge meal with 100 grams of carbs. I went to the mall right after my meal. As I was walking around I could feel myself going hypo. Ok well I’ll just head to the food court right. Well it hit me so hard and fast I was pouring sweat and became confused a simple walk to the food court but I was getting lost. I started to become worried as I knew I was getting in real bad shape. Finally I saw the food court pushed my way to the front of the line and told the guy I was diabetic and to please get me a Pepsi ASAP. By this time my shirt was soaked and I felt like shit. I ended up having 3 more Pepsi’s and 4 slices of pizza.
Anyhow what I’m saying is make sure you always have some sugar with you Insulin WILL surprise you one day so be prepared for it
Wow...that's pretty scary...Slin is very tricky, so I will be really careful. I will be documenting here all the process.
I have a question...maybe it's a little bit stupid but here I go. When you go hypo (like you in the mall) and start to drink / eat sugar...does the symptoms go away inmediately? Or you just eat/drink a little bit and wait until you feel better?
Also, I will start at 5 ius for sure. 10 ius will be my maximum and there's no need to hurry. Thanks!

And always be prepared for a second peak. It can happen and you will know it is. Listen to your body. If it’s telling you....you need sugar... take some.

And always be sure that your 10iu is 10iu......or whatever your dose may be...It might sound like a no brainer, but you would be surprised at how many guys mess up their insulin doses and wonder why they are hypo as fuck even after consuming ridiculous amounts of sugar.
Do you think that small gummy bears are a good option in case of feeling hypo? I use them on leg days, post workout to start recovering
I think they are absorbed really fast. Also I will listen to my body. I hope my mind doesn't start playing tricks on me haha

Wow...that's pretty scary...Slin is very tricky, so I will be really careful. I will be documenting here all the process.
I have a question...maybe it's a little bit stupid but here I go. When you go hypo (like you in the mall) and start to drink / eat sugar...does the symptoms go away inmediately? Or you just eat/drink a little bit and wait until you feel better?
Also, I will start at 5 ius for sure. 10 ius will be my maximum and there's no need to hurry. Thanks!

Depends on the severity of the Hypo. If you can rest while eating you'll gain some time, but it vary between 10-20 min. Some are so hard on you that even after coming back from hypo you'll just wanna sleep.

Do you think that small gummy bears are a good option in case of feeling hypo? I use them on leg days, post workout to start recovering
I think they are absorbed really fast. Also I will listen to my body. I hope my mind doesn't start playing tricks on me haha

Nah, not fast enough! Have Something like dextrose tabs or Rockets candy (they are made with dextrose and a lot cheaper). Pepsi/7up etc may do the job well too. Chocolate isn't fast enough because of fats. The simpler the sugar will be the better and the faster youi,ll be back.

Gummy are not 100% sugar so it will take longer to work.

Keep more than you need near!

When you start feeling hypo, time matters, cause the more you're going into it the less you can think. Even eating become hard.

Reactions: 3ml
GREAT piece of advice right here. We should almost have a sticky about how to read a slin pin.

There are some pins that hold 100iu and are labelled in increments of 10 (10, 20, 30.......100)
There are other pins that hold 100iu and are labelled in increments of 1 (1, 2, 3.....10)

I've seen it all too many times where somebody will use the 2nd type of needle, fill it to the 10 mark thinking it's 10iu and accidentally take 100iu of slin and practically kill themselves. These 2 pins hold the same amount insulin, but pin #2 has a little indicator that says 1=10iu and that is an extremely important but very easy thing to mix!

GREAT piece of advice right here. We should almost have a sticky about how to read a slin pin.

There are some pins that hold 100iu and are labelled in increments of 10 (10, 20, 30.......100)
There are other pins that hold 100iu and are labelled in increments of 1 (1, 2, 3.....10)

I've seen it all too many times where somebody will use the 2nd type of needle, fill it to the 10 mark thinking it's 10iu and accidentally take 100iu of slin and practically kill themselves. These 2 pins hold the same amount insulin, but pin #2 has a little indicator that says 1=10iu and that is an extremely important but very easy thing to mix!

Why don't people use KwikPen instead of trying to complicate thereself using slinpin and vial???

Why don't people use KwikPen instead of trying to complicate thereself using slinpin and vial???
It’s also a lot cheaper to go the vial route
Honestly if people can’t figure out the very simple math of using insulin they should absolutely not touch it

Thanks guys! I'm glad I joined this forum
Couldn't get the pen, in Spain it's hard to get insulin, even Humulin it's hard.

Anyway a friend got me a prescription for Humalog vials. I think they are cheaper than the pen. (20 euros, like 25$) so I have two...and they are going to last looong time

I will try to start tomorrow. Or Monday. I will let you know. Also, do you prefer running slin 2 weeks on 2 off or 4 weeks and then coming off? Thanks!

It’s also a lot cheaper to go the vial route
Honestly if people can’t figure out the very simple math of using insulin they should absolutely not touch it

I know, but mistake happen so fast, a moment of distraction and it's too late.

I'm using slin on a daily basis and i've once mixed up my slow slin with my fast acting one just before going to bed, pens aren't even the same, but it happened.
One of the worst night of my life. Pinning 20iu of fast acting before going to bed without knowing it. What a surprise when you wake up and barely able to talk and understand what happening.

@Northwolf
Also a good advice is to let know some people around you that you're using it. Could save your life if you pass out because of going hypo.

Lots of good advice here.

Couple things I have:

1.Honestly, it sounds silly, but try insulin on a non training day the first time.

2.Keep a log throughout the time it's active so you can gauge how it peaks for yourself (yes, there is a specific onset, peak, and duration, but many factors influence these numbers from person to person).

3.Use a glucose monitor if you have access, get a feel for what different blood glucose levels FEEL like.

4.Write down how long it takes before YOU feel hypoglycemic at all, how many carbs you ingest upon feeling that way, and how long it takes the symptoms to go away.

5. Do this experiment at home when you're going to have a spare ~4 hours with no major distractions so you can successfully gauge these things.

6. TELL SOMEONE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HAVE THEM CHECK IN ON YOU

7. Keep candy, juice, dextrose powder on hand and readily available to consume when necessary.

8. Dont go overboard on carbs when you feel the hypoglycemia onset. If you're home, safe, have someone with you, and have carbs on hand, you will be fine. You're better off gauging your personal glucose requirements on a specific dose than you are slamming carbohydrates Willy nilly. This is how people get fat on slin. It only takes 3-5g of sugar to start raising blood glucose. Now, don't be stupid with this tip. If you feel severe hypoglycemia setting in, eat all the sugar. Play things by ear. Only you know how you're feeling.

9. Start slow. 5ius, take bgl 15 mins later. Then 30 mins. Then 45 mins. Then an hour. See how your glucose levels rise and fall.

10. Be smart.

Lots of good advice here.

Couple things I have:

1.Honestly, it sounds silly, but try insulin on a non training day the first time.

2.Keep a log throughout the time it's active so you can gauge how it peaks for yourself (yes, there is a specific onset, peak, and duration, but many factors influence these numbers from person to person).

3.Use a glucose monitor if you have access, get a feel for what different blood glucose levels FEEL like.

4.Write down how long it takes before YOU feel hypoglycemic at all, how many carbs you ingest upon feeling that way, and how long it takes the symptoms to go away.

5. Do this experiment at home when you're going to have a spare ~4 hours with no major distractions so you can successfully gauge these things.

6. TELL SOMEONE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND HAVE THEM CHECK IN ON YOU

7. Keep candy, juice, dextrose powder on hand and readily available to consume when necessary.

8. Dont go overboard on carbs when you feel the hypoglycemia onset. If you're home, safe, have someone with you, and have carbs on hand, you will be fine. You're better off gauging your personal glucose requirements on a specific dose than you are slamming carbohydrates Willy nilly. This is how people get fat on slin. It only takes 3-5g of sugar to start raising blood glucose. Now, don't be stupid with this tip. If you feel severe hypoglycemia setting in, eat all the sugar. Play things by ear. Only you know how you're feeling.

9. Start slow. 5ius, take bgl 15 mins later. Then 30 mins. Then 45 mins. Then an hour. See how your glucose levels rise and fall.

10. Be smart.

Honestly this should be made as a sticky about insulin usage.

Well said and easy to follow for a first time experience!