First cycle from yet another gear newbie. (Help/Criticism/etc appreciated)

And please..pleaseee. just cut the somatotypes out. They've been completely debunked. I've been an echo, endo, and meso. It's all body composition and nothing more. I hate when people say "I can't grow because I'm an ectomorph" no you can't grow because you're too pussy to stuff your face.
I disagree that it’s completely debunked. It’s not hard to differentiate certain peoples body types, for somebody who’s 5’7 my long arms and torso (ecto- helps deadlift but works against my bench) but short stubby thick legs (meso type- helps my squat and my deadlift even further)- far cry from not having any relevance. Especially shorter stubbier arms on a meso frame packs a hell of a lot more thickness than I can with my stringy ecto arms. I’m not too pussy to stuff my face either , it just mostly goes to my legs and my back and my shoulders unfortunately

I disagree that it’s completely debunked. It’s not hard to differentiate certain peoples body types, for somebody who’s 5’7 my long arms and torso (ecto- helps deadlift but works against my bench) but short stubby thick legs (meso type- helps my squat and my deadlift even further)- far cry from not having any relevance. Especially shorter stubbier arms on a meso frame packs a hell of a lot more thickness than I can with my stringy ecto arms. I’m not too pussy to stuff my face either , it just mostly goes to my legs and my back and my shoulders unfortunately
I'm not saying people don't have different builds, leverages, muscle distributions.

I'm saying our metabolisms aren't dictated by if we have thin arms or not and that's what somatotypes are about..they were created as a means to sell "specialized programs"

A meso frame is simply a muscular build. A endo is a more far thick build. An ecto Is a skinny.

I'll show you. Here's all 3 somatotypes Snapchat-490712943.jpgScreenshot_20210729-105755_Snapchat.jpgScreenshot_20210718-222518_Gallery.jpg

@Jestopherson oh; well in that regard I’d have to agree with you. Metabolism isn’t dictated by that and I can agree trying to sell something from an angle with a pitch like that isn’t something I’d ever buy into. I know for myself it’s a lot of fucking work to put on a couple (solid) pounds and keep it. For some people, not so much work. I had a buddy (rip), who packed it on like nothing. Really high carb diet because he was living in a Salvation Army shelter at one point ; it was unreal how fast he put on mass and shaped out. Not striations and muscle separating vein popping jacked, but with a tee shirt on this guy looked like a up and coming in an off season. I wish I could put it on like that sometimes. Then other times I’m grateful I’ve had to work so hard for what I have.

@Jestopherson oh; well in that regard I’d have to agree with you. Metabolism isn’t dictated by that and I can agree trying to sell something from an angle with a pitch like that isn’t something I’d ever buy into. I know for myself it’s a lot of fucking work to put on a couple (solid) pounds and keep it. For some people, not so much work. I had a buddy (rip), who packed it on like nothing. Really high carb diet because he was living in a Salvation Army shelter at one point ; it was unreal how fast he put on mass and shaped out. Not striations and muscle separating vein popping jacked, but with a tee shirt on this guy looked like a up and coming in an off season. I wish I could put it on like that sometimes. Then other times I’m grateful I’ve had to work so hard for what I have.
I completely agree! Some people are genetically gifted. I struggle to put on weight no doubt. I have a very very sedentary job and I eating 4100-4300 cals a day slowly increasing.

I totally agree we're all built different. Some with better leverages than others and overall development. I just can't stand when new guys use the somatotype excuse. Looking at my first pic i was the typical ecto hard gainer. At 153lbs. The 2nd is a endo at 231lbs. The 3rd is a meso at 215lbs.

The only thing that changed is I learned to eat

I think we all understand the desire to push beyond genetic limitations. I think the general message everyone is trying to send is that with the test alone should yield the results you’re looking for, especially if 10lbs is your goal.

More than likely additional weight gained due to dbol would mostly be from increased water retention.

Long story short, as long as everything else is in order as you say, keep it simple, stay on track and you should put on solid maintainable mass.

Good luck!

3 months of 400mg test should leave you with 15lbs gain and 10 of those being keepable

3 months of 400mg test should leave you with 15lbs gain and 10 of those being keepable
I have a buddy who put on and kept 20 pounds from his first test cycle where he added some MK677 at the start of it. This is two months post cycle now for him and he’s still working a labour job everyday and barely hitting weights now that his cycle is done. Still kept some shape and that 20 pounds seems to be sticking around now. Whoever says you can’t keep off ur first cycle must have run a DBOL only cycle for their first time 🤣

OP updated again.

- Likely going Test-E only. Still thinking 500mgs a week. (Week 2 in. 4th 250 mg shot soon.)
- PCT is interesting because most agree it's a must but there are several different PCTs that are advocated for.
- D-BOL may come in at the end but it seems like I can hit my 1st cycle goals without it. Feeling fine with dropping it this cycle though.

Glad to hear dude. Though I'm not sure what you mean by superphysiological? You're gunna be on a half gram of test. You're gunna know you're on it around the 5th week mark. Hell you'll be wanting to fuck constantly by week 2.

Still if you choose to run dbol. Save it for the end, though practically all weight gained by dbol is temporary just so you're aware. That's why dry orals much more preferable for me. Every pound gained for the most part is actual mass.

And please..pleaseee. just cut the somatotypes out. They've been completely debunked. I've been an echo, endo, and meso. It's all body composition and nothing more. I hate when people say "I can't grow because I'm an ectomorph" no you can't grow because you're too pussy to stuff your face.
'Superphysiological' as in >natural test levels. Above what like ~150mg exogenous would give most?

Wasn't sure if somatotypes had any impact on Endogenous Test or how the one responded to gear on average(assuming identical effort in gym and commitment to diet).
Mentioned it in case it had any relevance.

First cycle I'd stick with just test and see how your body reacts or add the dbol end of cycle if everything is g2g at that point
If I am golden on a 500mg test cycle for 12 weeks, I may add DBOL and go to week 16 or 20.
Not sure yet. Maybe, I'll be happy with where I am getting at that point and focus on handling the PCT with the most success possible.

It's pretty hard to tell what I'll want to do.
I could be a 'one cycle and done' dude if it's a bad experience or I handle the PCT like a champ and keep as many gains near my genetic max as possible
or
I may decide I want to dive into the lifestyle and be a decade-long blast/cruiser and try to get into some shows.

One week at a time. I am definitely enjoying the process & experience to the max that I can.

Wh
If I am golden on a 500mg test cycle for 12 weeks, I may add DBOL and go to week 16 or 20.
Not sure yet. Maybe, I'll be happy with where I am getting at that point and focus on handling the PCT with the most success possible.

It's pretty hard to tell what I'll want to do.
I could be a 'one cycle and done' dude if it's a bad experience or I handle the PCT like a champ and keep as many gains near my genetic max as possible
or
I may decide I want to dive into the lifestyle and be a decade-long blast/cruiser and try to get into some shows.

One week at a time. I am definitely enjoying the process & experience to the max that I can.
Where are you now? Week 5

Wh

Where are you now? Week 5
Oh snap. I missed this. Life got pretty wack for a while.
I would have been coming up on week 5 when you asked that.

Now, I am closing on 6 months in with lowering the dose over a month and not even a real cruise.
But, fuck it. 2nd blood test was prefect. I didn't 'really' blast my first go. Just test only and a tiny bit of VAR before my few week TRT when life shit went down.

I am turning 37 and dun give a fuck and TRT for life so Imma just blast. Updated my OP with the details.

20 weeks is way too long for a first cycle.. First cycle should be 12 weeks.

You don't list the dose of dbol, unless I missed it? Either way, 6 weeks is much too long for dbol first cycle. I'd even go so far as to say dbol isn't even needed in a first cycle. If you insist upon it, 30-40mg ed for 4 weeks tops.

Honestly for a first cycle 400mg of test is more than enough. Add the dbol if you like, but I would't even bother for first cycle

Other questions were left un answerred as well. .Age? Experience?

Understand that your diet is even more important then your gear.

Don't be one of those guys who once they go on a cycle, they double their work load in the gym lol.. First cycle, your training should be the same as what worked best when you were not on gear.

Follow what ABmonkey said.. don't take your aromasin until you get blood work or sides. I'm going to guess you likely won't even need it esepcecially if you get rid of the dbol (or stick to 30-40mg for 4 weeks) and lower your test to 400mg.
20 weeks way too long? Would 15-18 weeks be better? 12 seems kind of short.