Fertility on TRT or Super Long Cycles

Because I feel it would be more effective as there is no hormones to shut me back down.

I had a recent fertility test done with "good" results using nothing but a low monthly dose of hcg (1500iu split e5d, for 6x 250iu shots) for most of the duration of my (moderate dose, 450mg/mo) TRT over the last several years.

I've never used SERMs.

I agree with Omega's assertion that there's no harm starting sooner. As an analog of LH, HCG stands in for the signaling hormone between the HTPA and Testes (LH); it doesn't matter how shut down your brain is, you should still respond to HCG if your testes are capable of doing their job.

Any time I abstain from HCG (usually due to cost) for several months, I re-start with 500iu twice in the first week, then resume my 1500iu/mo scheduling from above. Gets a bit tender down there that first week, but eh. Most trials are done using substantially higher first-week doses (IIRC 1500iu/wk in 2 divided doses) but this is what works for me. HCG is expensive, so, y'know. YMMV.

I had a recent fertility test done with "good" results using nothing but a low monthly dose of hcg (1500iu split e5d, for 6x 250iu shots) for most of the duration of my (moderate dose, 450mg/mo) TRT over the last several years.

I've never used SERMs.

I agree with Omega's assertion that there's no harm starting sooner. As an analog of LH, HCG stands in for the signaling hormone between the HTPA and Testes (LH); it doesn't matter how shut down your brain is, you should still respond to HCG if your testes are capable of doing their job.

Any time I abstain from HCG (usually due to cost) for several months, I re-start with 500iu twice in the first week, then resume my 1500iu/mo scheduling from above. Gets a bit tender down there that first week, but eh. Most trials are done using substantially higher first-week doses (IIRC 1500iu/wk in 2 divided doses) but this is what works for me. HCG is expensive, so, y'know. YMMV.
Dead on the money. I’ve had people argue about using hcg on cycke because they didn’t understand that there is no shut down signal, it’s just that you are not sending LH and other hormones to your testies. Doesn’t matter how much gear you are on, if you take hcg, you will stimulate.

Dead on the money. I’ve had people argue about using hcg on cycke because they didn’t understand that there is no shut down signal, it’s just that you are not sending LH and other hormones to your testies. Doesn’t matter how much gear you are on, if you take hcg, you will stimulate.

Exactly! HTPA (GnRH) > LH | FSH > Testes > T > E, blah blah.
HCG as an analogue to LH (and nearly identical to FSH), interrupts the negative feedback cycle between E/T and the HTPA.

I just wish HCG was priced more appropriately. Especially because I respond well to HCG monotherapy... And Pregnyl (@$75/10kiu) isn't on-label for male hypogonadism.

Last edited:
I do understand that HCG works while on a cycle or trt but the thing is once it's out of your system and the exogenous test is still there your body will realize its making enough testosterone and then will shut you back down so I'd rather wait to get the most bang for my buck and it doesn't really hurt anything, just might have an average sex drive or no sex drive until my first shot of HCG. If I had tons of HCG I would take it more often. I did use HCG while on cycle almost every time. The doctor says even with my low sperm count, because my progressive motility is almost normal and my sperm viability is over 90% I can still get my partner pregnant. She isn't ready yet though for sure, she needs to see a psychologist or psychiatrist for a year because of an emotionally and verbally abusive partner. Her friend is a total fucking dumb ass and got her to buy into seeing this lady who says she's pretty much a psychologist but she only has an arts degree not even a counselling certificate. I fucking hate psychobabble bullshit. If it doesn't come direct from a modern university psychology book or course then it is deemed psychobabble by the community. Its sad it's not regulated in BC yet. I bet you that is a part of why we have such a high suicide rate is because people stop at the gurus and counsellors who act as a bandaid rather than tell you the tools to fix the problem whenever you want.

Got my count up to 18 million and all the other parameters are above normal! I used a ton of HCG and Clomid starting at 50mg for a month then I took a week break and came back for five days at 100mg split dosage. I also used 1500iu or more of HCG every few days for a week and the last two days ramped up to 2500iu. I found out that HCG does cause desensitization and can cause thyroid issues so it's usually only done short term by doctors (three month stints). I also added Tamoxifen for the last few days but wish I followed Dr. Scalleys most recent protocol.

Congrats man, it's an awesome feeling👍 I'm not sure about HCG causing desensitization but do what you're comfortable with

I stayed on for years, never wanted kids. Ex-Wife took birth control pill. I stopped the test and in less than a year she was pregnant, still on bc, less than a year after the same thing happened... I'm going to guess the birth control wasn't the reason she didn't get pregnant when I was enhanced.

I’ve been winging it on clomid and hcg again and now trying to knock up the wife again. Lets see how it goes 🤪