fenugreek

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Anyone take?

Anyone speak to its effectiveness or ineffectiveness?

Lots of articles say it has positive impacts on:
-blood sugar
-insulin resistence
-good/bad cholesterol
-testosteorne
-inflamation

Started taking it this summer. At 48 i needed a boost for libido.... I have seen the desired results. Not the same as my 20's but better.

Anyone take?

Anyone speak to its effectiveness or ineffectiveness?

Lots of articles say it has positive impacts on:
-blood sugar
-insulin resistence
-good/bad cholesterol
-testosteorne
-inflamation
Yes and it did nothing. It was a long time ago and like @BunkMass I was told about the incredible ability of the herb to increase test naturally. Over time I came to the conclusion that one supplement would increase your testosterone - testosterone. I also came to the conclusion there are better options depending on the issue you want help with - inflammation, insulin resistance, cholesterol or blood sugar issues.

The great thing about taking something you think will work - it often works. Ever read some of the stats on the double blind placebo studies and how many people saw a marked improvement with the placebo? It is impressive.
I am not against natural medicine / naturopathic medicine and there are some supplements/herbs that are incredibly powerful but this is not one I found did much of anything.

What are your trying to accomplish? Do you have a problem with one of the 5 issues listed?

Yes and it did nothing. It was a long time ago and like @BunkMass I was told about the incredible ability of the herb to increase test naturally. Over time I came to the conclusion that one supplement would increase your testosterone - testosterone. I also came to the conclusion there are better options depending on the issue you want help with - inflammation, insulin resistance, cholesterol or blood sugar issues.

The great thing about taking something you think will work - it often works. Ever read some of the stats on the double blind placebo studies and how many people saw a marked improvement with the placebo? It is impressive.
I am not against natural medicine / naturopathic medicine and there are some supplements/herbs that are incredibly powerful but this is not one I found did much of anything.

What are your trying to accomplish? Do you have a problem with one of the 5 issues listed?

I have issues with blood sugar/ insulin resistance and cholesterol

I'm no expert on berberine but I'm sure some here are. It works like metformin and suggest you check it out.
I have some friends who did/do a lot of GH and can ask them how they use berberine to help out with the former issue.

As for the latter...cholesterol issues - I try to take as few supplements/herbs as possible so look for ones that have evidence they contain more than one health property. For example - raw ginger or powdered ginger is cheap and is an excellent anti-inflammatory, protects your liver from toxic substances and helps with cholesterol. I eat a large chunk in the morning and with my evening meal.
A high quality fish oil with high EPA/DHA numbers should decrease your cholesterol, help with all lipids an inflammation. There are tons of herbs and products for cholesterol available, I would pick two and take them for a month and test your levels.

I have several books with sections on cholesterol, if you wish I can take a picture of those relevant pages and attach them.

I'm no expert on berberine but I'm sure some here are. It works like metformin and suggest you check it out.
I have some friends who did/do a lot of GH and can ask them how they use berberine to help out with the former issue.

As for the latter...cholesterol issues - I try to take as few supplements/herbs as possible so look for ones that have evidence they contain more than one health property. For example - raw ginger or powdered ginger is cheap and is an excellent anti-inflammatory, protects your liver from toxic substances and helps with cholesterol. I eat a large chunk in the morning and with my evening meal.
A high quality fish oil with high EPA/DHA numbers should decrease your cholesterol, help with all lipids an inflammation. There are tons of herbs and products for cholesterol available, I would pick two and take them for a month and test your levels.

I have several books with sections on cholesterol, if you wish I can take a picture of those relevant pages and attach them.
Look into berberine

I started taking it and KSM-66 (ashwaghanda). At 55 I'm trying to respark the ol libido. Definitely not where it used to be. I just started so it's too soon to notice any changes although I do feel a tad bit more relaxed which is the desired effect of the KSM-66. I'll keep you posted.