CosmicJuiceBoxx

Trusted Member
If I get an Autoflower, it usually flowers in about 60 days. But if I get a feminized seed which is a photoperiod plant which runs its life off light cycles, can you keep a feminized plant in the growth stage under more hours of light in order to grow a larger plant = larger yield?
Ive grown an autoflower and got about 30g dried from it from 125g fresh cut.
Wondering if feminized would yield more and if this idea of keeping it under 18 hours of light would just keep it growing in veg state?
These plants are gorgeous and obviously I enjoy being able to smoke it once I've grown it 😁

Yes.. Plant will typically stay in veg stage... Used to keep mothers in veg for up to a couple of years, if good clone stock..( watch for hermaphs)
Grow to desired height and trigger.. Plant will grow another 12 to 24 inches then fill out.. Be mindful of lamp height...
Love them autos out doors though.. Fully mature plants done by end of august.. Couldnt do that before on the prairies...Season is done here by sept 14. usually

Yes.. Plant will typically stay in veg stage... Used to keep mothers in veg for up to a couple of years, if good clone stock..( watch for hermaphs)
Grow to desired height and trigger.. Plant will grow another 12 to 24 inches then fill out.. Be mindful of lamp height...
Love them autos out doors though.. Fully mature plants done by end of august.. Couldnt do that before on the prairies...Season is done here by sept 14. usually
Yea Im in alberta and I swear warmth doesnt start till mid May and ends In September. Would love to try outdoor ones but I got a few more months lease where Im at now, may as well get as much info before then cause Ima grow as many as I can in and out lmao. 😁
Have you ever gotten more than 1 ounce from an Auto?

Autos are perfect for out doors. Always finish before it gets too cold. Totally agree with all you have said!

If I get an Autoflower, it usually flowers in about 60 days. But if I get a feminized seed which is a photoperiod plant which runs its life off light cycles, can you keep a feminized plant in the growth stage under more hours of light in order to grow a larger plant = larger yield?
Wondering if feminized would yield more and if this idea of keeping it under 18 hours of light would just keep it growing in veg state?
These plants are gorgeous and obviously I enjoy being able to smoke it once I've grown it 😁
Totally! Photos will always yield more as long as your grow the grown them bigger then the autos. There is also tons of way to train autos and photos to yield more. I grow for a living lol. All organic top notch bud.

Yea Im in alberta and I swear warmth doesnt start till mid May and ends In September. Would love to try outdoor ones but I got a few more months lease where Im at now, may as well get as much info before then cause Ima grow as many as I can in and out lmao. 😁
Have you ever gotten more than 1 ounce from an Auto?
An oz would be a good estimate... plant june 1 ...harvest end aug. here in mb. Sept can turn toshit fast here.. B.C blueberry autos i really liked...

Stay the fuk away from Crop King seeds.... Found there genetics wernt stable with the autos... Plant 10 seeds .. plants wernt consistent in traits...

I have found that king crop really isnt all that good 😔 might try Canuk or Barneys
Do not support Canuk, they are an absolute joke in the industry and all they do is rip off all the big breeders and claim it as their own. I could go into more details.

The best possible Autos you can get these days are from Roc Bud, but he sells out extremely fast. Dutch Passion is also good with Auto,s. There is a few other breeders doing good work. But again no one will beat Roc Bud when it comes to Auto's.

Night Owl is another good option, but again another breeder that sells out extremely fast.

Last edited:
As @Lumberjack said learning to train the plants (Topping, Low Stress Training) Are just a few methods. But not always ideal with an Auto. Some Autos can handle it, while others cant. You will want to learn about it tho as it can be handy to help you get the yields you want.

This picture was one of the best Yielding ones I had. I got around 6 ounces dry. But as you can see I topped multiple times and tied down all over. Ideally you want to create a nice bush with multiple bud sites. If you do no training or topping the plant as im sure you know will grow like a Christmas tree.

This plant was a Photoperiod yes, but I have seen guys do stuff similar to this with an Auto, it can be done, but is risky.

79376409_177501240062137_8075341462404007082_n.jpg
71532181_109945550344353_3406121165755395692_n.jpg
73420539_498682267413595_8602904204756362085_n.jpg76945429_598197537410105_2616199403968209913_n.jpg

@The_Night_King Thats one plant!?! How long did that plant take to grow? Did you have to keep it in Veg state for a long time? That is hella impressive man!!!
8 weeks in veg mate. Every plant will be different. Big factor is genetics also. Also having a good quality light. I topped this plant soooooo many times lol.

Im not really going for bush or tall plants anymore. I want more quality/variety. Ive seen guys go 10 weeks or more in Veg, it depends what your goals are also.

But now I go around 5-6 weeks, this way I can fit alot more in a smaller space.

@The_Night_King From what I can see topping is the best method for feminized plants so far because you can keep them in Veg state to be able to handle the cut off the top. Wider plant - more light distribution. I read that topping autos was a bad idea but I have not personally tried it. Trial and error Id just be so sad to damage a plant to a point it dies or is severely dwarfed.

You might dig these then mate :) Great training tool instead of tying down or stressing plants out :)

https://www.amazon.ca/Madd-Rabbit-P...dd+rabbit+plant+trainer&qid=1615535082&sr=8-1
These look super convenient and such a good idea!!! They seem narrow though, the biggest my plant ever got was just shy over 2 feet. Would the stems/ chutes be too thick for these when the plant is mature or do they come off at a certain point? Have you tried these? Looks much easier than tying but you also managed to grow a fucking massive plant and you tied.

@The_Night_King From what I can see topping is the best method for feminized plants so far because you can keep them in Veg state to be able to handle the cut off the top. Wider plant - more light distribution. I read that topping autos was a bad idea but I have not personally tried it. Trial and error Id just be so sad to damage a plant to a point it dies or is severely dwarfed.
Trust me I know how it feels to loose plants. Idk if you saw the Journal I had posted on here. But I just lost all those plants, and frig were they smelling good and mmmmmmm. A pure Afghani hash smell. But I stressed them out and they started to HERM. Most likely from light leaks from my other grow space. Which I will now have to move to another spot. I know it was me who caused the stress, because if it was a genetic herm it shows up between weeks 1-3 of flower.. Mine started to herm at 6 weeks. And yes I know there was some light leaks, I had thought I blocked enough of it out.

Every grower will loose plants. I have a good friend who is a big hemp/cbd/cbg breeder and he was telling me how he lost an entire facility room full of plants. Must of been a few hundred or more. I didnt ask the exact amount.

But yes you can top and train Autos, but its at your own risk.

Last edited: