Favourite Post-Workout Meal

Trenbolone&Cheese

Anabolic Subway Employee
Trusted Member
I’m curious at to what everyone’s favourite post workout meals are. I know for myself, on a lean bulk I enjoy a healthy helping of sweet potato and a large cut of steak. On my current cut, I’m rocking greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and berries. I’d like to hear what everyone enjoys post workout or even some meals that have given people some wicked results.

If there has been a thread made before on the topic, please lead me in the right direction

I like about 85g of pasta with 210ml spagetti sauce, 225g of ground beef and a cheese slice, but after yesterday's workout I had the same with only 40g of pasta because I'm cutting.

It's never the same - I just make sure I eat 60 grams of protein from a real food source, depending on the amount of carbs I am eating per day - either rice, potato (white/sweet/yams), or none, and a vegetable(s). If it's a low carb day, then a healthy source of fats such as EVOO or natural nut butter. I prefer cruciferous vegetables like broccoli/asparagus/brussel sprouts due to their low carbs and being a good source of indole 3 carbinol (prevents hormone related cancers). I don't eat them with every meal but am in the habit of including one in my post workout meal.

People forget to eat vegetables and fruit too often.

Been training early morning, so eat my post-workout meal at work on first break. Usually just 2 cups of rice, with 5 ounces of venison usually, couple cups of milk as well.

Just to get something in for a snack after I workout, before first break, I resort to a protein bar, and a couple cups of OJ or milk.

When I do start working out again, it will be the same as always since I’m a morning guy. 5 whole eggs and 30-50g of feta cheese. A small scoop of almond butter too sometimes, but these things are so addicting, I feel weak mentally around them. Fuck, now I’m craving that almond butter!!!!

Sometimes if I’m in a hurry or not prepared, then I’d do 2 scoops of whey plus flax seed powder with 750 ml of milk.

Not a carb person (I envy those who can carb up) but throughout the day I get carbs from veggies, beans, salads, nuts, and milk beside my meat. Sweet potatoes were a nice addition but I haven’t had them in years. I don’t know if my carb sensitivity is towards that as well.

I train early in the morning and post workout its: 2 eggs, 1 cup egg white in an omlette with 1/4 cup of mushrooms, 1 cup spinach, 1 slice of swiss cheese, onion and garlic. I top this off with toasted flax or multigrain bread and butter.

I’m curious at to what everyone’s favourite post workout meals are. I know for myself, on a lean bulk I enjoy a healthy helping of sweet potato and a large cut of steak. On my current cut, I’m rocking greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and berries. I’d like to hear what everyone enjoys post workout or even some meals that have given people some wicked results.

If there has been a thread made before on the topic, please lead me in the right direction

I got so sick of eating rice and chicken at one point I started experimenting with stuff that actually tastes good lol. So anyways when I was putting on weight my post workout favourite and this isn’t directly after the workout but one hour later I would have sort of a shepherds pie kind of thing.
I would make basically a sweet potato mash with veggies on top of it I usually used carrots and broccoli , with 10 oz of turkey on top , and depending on what my goal was at the time I would sometimes use cottage cheese with pepper as a topping , believ it or not this is quite delicious baked in the oven. I would make a big thing of it on Sunday and container it up for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you guys actually enjoy food after training.... You guys have an appetite post workout?
Usually like to keep the portion size down. Enjoy more macro and calorie dense food after workout. Wouldn’t say my appetite is big post workout but do believe in nutrient timing (which some say is bullshit but whatever I enjoy the schedule of eating my meals pre and post workout) thus stressing the importance of getting nutrients post workout.