Favorite Van Halen song

TinyTim79

Trusted Member
With the sad passing of Eddie Van Halen, at the age 65 due to throat cancer, I thought we could pay tribute by listing are favorite Van Halen songs... or good memories from the past associated with there music.

I'll start.
Favorite David Lee Roth song,
Hot For Teacher. The first Van Halen song I learned on guitar... ohhh the hours I spent in high school on that one!!! Lol

Favorite Sammy Hagar,
When it's Love ... it's kinda the cheesy love song that I share with my wife (our song)

RIP Eddie.... thanks for all the great music... and changing the way people play rock guitar forever!

Pound cake

Was never a big David Lee Roth fan too much bs. Preferred Sammy Hager for more pure music.
Awesome song!!
I don't like all of David's crazy antics... or stupid drug induced behavior...
But he had his moments.
I am definitely team "Sammy" though
Sammy Hagar was almost the original singer for VH as their producer hated David.. until he heard ain't talkin bout love

Wow some great choices so far!!
Thanks everyone for chiming in...
Want to go listen to some VH now!!!

Ok I’ll throw out a few
David Lee Roth - Beautiful girls, Drop dead legs, I’ll wait, The cradle will rock, Unchained and Me wise magic

Hagar - Summer nights, Good enough, Black and Blue, Humans being, Can’t stop loving you.

Gary Cherone gets a nod for Fire in the hole. I stuck with VH thru thick and thin lol

Ok I’ll throw out a few
David Lee Roth - Beautiful girls, Drop dead legs, I’ll wait, The cradle will rock, Unchained and Me wise magic

Hagar - Summer nights, Good enough, Black and Blue, Humans being, Can’t stop loving you.

Gary Cherone gets a nod for Fire in the hole. I stuck with VH thru thick and thin lol
I loved Gary with Extreme... really love Nuno's guitar playing.
But Gary never seemed to fit right with VH for me.
Although he is on heck of a vocalist

I know this is an old thread but I’ll still comment .. running with the devil is the song I like the best

Jump! Keyboard player here...right from that first buzzy Oberheim synth low C...hooked line and sinker!!