Exercise and covid

I wouldn't put too big a shine on that apple.
Where I live In thunder bay the fatality rate is 2% and the hospitalization rate is 3%.
Omicron isn't better than the original, it's 4.2 times more contagious than the delta variant, which is itself 4-9 times more contagious than the original.

Also, it's not less fatal than the original they're all about the same.
We've got 20% of the population who won't get vaccinated because they've got rocks in their heads, and 58% worldwide who either won't or can't get access to the vaccine and until everyone is vaccinated, which probably wont happen we will never get rid of it. It's just going to keep killing people I know four people who caught it. two were vaccinated One lost 70 pounds had to be hospitalized and nearly died. she was vaccinated once and is still messed up. months later. shes in her late thirties.

Choking to death over a period of days or weeks is not a fun way to go either.

Did you know 2% of people in the states legitimately believe the earth is flat? Seriously, that's how stupid large numbers of people can be.

And they"re selfish too. Here in Tbay, a woman caught covid got the test results and then kept sending her kid to school, 80 more cases in that cluster.
Please provide data that omicron will be just as dangerous.
Earlier I provided a study and data that it wasnt. It’s not my opinion, but at the moment fact.
Also are you saying the one who was vaccinated got really screwed up? How did the other three fair, 2 unvaccinated and the other vaccinated?
And yes, people will keep dying. Just like they do. Best way to avoid it is to stay healthy. I understand your fear because of your situation, but eventually the world will move on. Take measures to protect YOURSELF.

And yes I do have rocks in my head. My wife can attest to this. Must be pretty smart rocks though, because they have done me very well in this life.

Also covid is far from a death sentence. It was a tickle in my throat, why? Likely because I’m fairly healthy. I will not risk my health with even a tiny chance of adverse reaction from the vaccine, where I already have a better immunity from catching covid and creating natural immunity. See if people can’t figure that out, then they must have mush for brains, lol. (See what I did there). I am not against a vaccine, I actually wish they would quit dragging their asses on Novavax because Id take that one to just on with it, not because I’m scared of covid. Because in all reality none of them stop me from catching it. Too much Moderna and pziser money floating around right now though.

Last edited:
@BobTbay - sounds like you have some strong opinions on the Vaccine and even some statistics to go along with it. I invite you to spend some time browsing these threads. Plenty of good information. I’d like to hear your thoughts in the below threads, but not before you’ve had a chance to review our conversations here over the past 2 years in regards to this subject. Please keep in mind, if you’re going to quote studies and stats, we will ask about sources too.
https://www.canadianbrawn.com/threa...e-know-what-“covid-19”-was-really-about.4881/

I also challenge you to listen to these podcasts hosted by Dr.Peter McCullough.

Last edited:
All I know is I don’t have any shots and I’ve had Covid or should’ve had Covid (close contact) about 5 times. Worst symptom I had was feeling tired and my mucus felt like it was fake, didn’t feel like normal mucus it was sticky and felt like it was almost man made shit. Can’t believe people still live in fear of this shit lol if you’re not 70 and obese you’re fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is I don’t have any shots and I’ve had Covi or should’ve had Covi (close contact) about 5 times. Worst symptom I had was feeling tired and my mucus felt like it was fake, didn’t feel like normal mucus it was sticky and felt like it was almost man made shit. Can’t believe people still live in fear of this shit lol if you’re not 70 and obese you’re fine, living in fear of others will make you much more sick mentally and physically

I guess a good one to update this is some info coming out about lots of healthy young athletes dropping dead from heart attacks. I dont know for sure but I think they were linked to mostly vacines and possibly some covid damage as well. Anyone interested just have a look around there's other threads where people get more in depth with it. But yes working out with covid or the vacine could potentially be risky

I got covid about 6 weeks ago and got fairly sick. I definitely couldn't have trained so I took about 8 days off. Really killed my workouts for the next 4 weeks, I just didn't have the energy. They have improved this week so hopefully, things will be back to normal by next week. The worst part is I lost my sense of smell, I can still taste things ok, but smell has dramatically reduced and hasn't returned.

My wife got it off me and had a runny nose for a day.

Covid hits everyone differently, impossible to know how it will affect you and your workouts.

I got covid about 6 weeks ago and got fairly sick. I definitely couldn't have trained so I took about 8 days off. Really killed my workouts for the next 4 weeks, I just didn't have the energy. They have improved this week so hopefully, things will be back to normal by next week. The worst part is I lost my sense of smell, I can still taste things ok, but smell has dramatically reduced and hasn't returned.

My wife got it off me and had a runny nose for a day.

Covid hits everyone differently, impossible to know how it will affect you and your workouts.
Yeah I got sore legs like i had growing pains that was all. Was a pain to sleep for 3 days. My poor wife had the sore throat sneezing cough and everything.

Jus t like every other flu that has passed around in our house hold, we all got sick in a different way. So not really any different than any other virus.
I know in the past I have been so sick that just pushing thru work was a chore, no way I could train, and that I didn’t feel quite right for like a month afterwards.

I think what happened is they got us thinking we have never had a sickness like this before, when we have, but just never paid attention because we all just assumed it was normal.

Yeah I got sore legs like i had growing pains that was all. Was a pain to sleep for 3 days. My poor wife had the sore throat sneezing cough and everything.

Jus t like every other flu that has passed around in our house hold, we all got sick in a different way. So not really any different than any other virus.
I know in the past I have been so sick that just pushing thru work was a chore, no way I could train, and that I didn’t feel quite right for like a month afterwards.

I think what happened is they got us thinking we have never had a sickness like this before, when we have, but just never paid attention because we all just assumed it was normal.
so if I got it correct, you think it's like any other virus/flu? lol.

i kid

so if I got it correct, you think it's like any other virus/flu? lol.

i kid
Pretty much, just humans have become so sickly that being a new virus peoples sad, sad health couldn’t handle it.
I told my wife about a decade ago, that people have become so out of shape and so dependant on drugs to manage symptoms instead of life style changes to fix them, that something simple was going to come along and swamp our healthcare system that also has been badly underfunded.

And TA DA, what happened.

Honestly I cannot believe how fat people have gotten on the whole.

Just saw this thread..

I had covid this winter.. It slowly crept up and then I did have 2-3 days where I would have stayed home even before covid times and all the rules.. I didn't stay in bed those 2-3 days, but I stayed in my house and kept busy.. After those 2-3 days were over, I felt almost perfect.. I couldn't go to work so I cut fire wood each day until I was allowed to go back.. I deffinitely got tired cutting wood quciker then usual, but nothing more than any other flu/cold.. well to be honest, I have had cold/flu's much much worse.. but on average, covid was still farily mild for me.

All I know is I don’t have any shots and I’ve had Covid or should’ve had Covid (close contact) about 5 times. Worst symptom I had was feeling tired and my mucus felt like it was fake, didn’t feel like normal mucus it was sticky and felt like it was almost man made shit. Can’t believe people still live in fear of this shit lol if you’re not 70 and obese you’re fine

I'm in the same boat, not vaxxed, and work industrial automotive, worked through the whole thing and have been exposed at least 30x that I am aware of and never tested positive, wife got her shots for work got COVID soon after and me and my daughter never got it from her, I also eat fairly healthy, take vitamins, exercise regularly including daily cardiovascular activity

Thank God for people that are still smart. After seeing that reply from @Jerbear and @BobTbay I was thinking I was the only trudeau described misogynistic racist left on this board.

In response to the original question, my answer has always been the same: if it's something you can train through, train. If you're too stick to get out of bed or off a toilet, stay home. I've trained trained though terrible flus, colds, migraines. Usually feel better after. I might have trained through covid, who knows. I know I had a couple weeks at one point where my body felt like it got hit by a train, had a hard time breathing, and had a solid persistent cough. You bet I trained. Always helped momentarily.

Last edited:
Thank God for people that are still smart. After seeing that reply from @Jerbear and @BobTbay I was thinking I was the only trudeau described misogynistic racist left on this board.

In response to the original question, my answer has always been the same: if it's something you can train through, train. If you're too stick to get out of bed or off a toilet, stay home. I've trained trained though terrible flus, colds, migraines. Usually feel better after. I might have trained through covid, who knows. I know I had a couple weeks at one point where my body felt like it got hit by a train, had a hard time breathing, and had a solid persistent cough. You bet I trained. Always helped momentarily.

I think that's very person dependant. I used to be able to train through nearly everything until mid 30's.. Had a mild cold/flu get bad 2x when I kept training and doing things like trapping in -30. Learned now its ok to take a few days off and not run myself down.

I think that's very person dependant. I used to be able to train through nearly everything until mid 30's.. Had a mild cold/flu get bad 2x when I kept training and doing things like trapping in -30. Learned now its ok to take a few days off and not run myself down.
For sure. It's going to be largely dependant on recovery capabilities, immune function, etc etc. I'm just answering the question for myself.

I have covid right now.

I have had times in the past week I could clearly have trained and many where it was just not possible. Ultimately for me I know that a week or 10 days off training. Not punishing my body and immune system unnecessarily serves me best. My appetite has been really affected. I still have a fever it just seems like rest is the best in my case.

Being 63 has a bit to do with it too!

I had cov I didn't train, didn't want to. Didn't sleep well and had to dust off my old CPAP due to apnea from my throat being swollen. But all in all covid ain't shit. I'm not vaccinated.