Exclusion training?

Cheapshot

Trusted Member
No idea what its called, but basically when you stop training or using certain bodyparts to allow others to grow. An example would be Devon Larratt, he stopped using his left arm for 2 years qnd his right arm grew like a crab. Im thinking about trying this with my legs and just train legs twice a week and see if they take off. Anyone done anything like this?

Attachments

• 20220716_161905.jpg
    20220716_161905.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
No idea what its called, but basically when you stop training or using certain bodyparts to allow others to grow. An example would be Devon Larratt, he stopped using his left arm for 2 years qnd his rightvarm grew like a crab. Im thinking about trying this with my legs and just train legs twice a week and see if they take off. Anyone done anything like this?
I did a bulk before for 16 weeks and hit legs every session. Just barbell squats.
So it went
Monday legs chest tris
Tuesday legs back bis
We'd rest
Thursday legs chest tris
Friday legs back bis
It went good my legs blew up. It might not count though I didn't exclude anything lol

I did a bulk before for 16 weeks and hit legs every session. Just barbell squats.
So it went
Monday legs chest tris
Tuesday legs back bis
We'd rest
Thursday legs chest tris
Friday legs back bis
It went good my legs blew up. It might not count though I didn't exclude anything lol
Definitely not what I meant..lol. Ive tried what you just listed and just lost muscle. Lol. I could do that maybe 2-3 days a week and still recover

Could you give it a whirl? I don't think it will work, but you can try it for a six-week slot and not lose muscle- or that much muscle. I think six weeks is the optimum time frame to work with, although I have read that you start to lose muscle in two weeks.
Real-world experience is I worked with a chap who lived with severe OCD and simply worked on right bicep curls on a Nautilus machine in the hospital daily. He developed a fairly good bicep for an untrained person, but his left side had no noticeable effect.

No idea what its called, but basically when you stop training or using certain bodyparts to allow others to grow. An example would be Devon Larratt, he stopped using his left arm for 2 years qnd his rightvarm grew like a crab. Im thinking about trying this with my legs and just train legs twice a week and see if they take off. Anyone done anything like this?

I missed out on a great opportunity to meet Devon and drink a couple beers with him. He’s good friends with Mike Gould, who lived in the same neighbourhood as me, I met him at the shop, dudes a monster. Nicest guy. Anyhow a few times Mike been invited me to come over and hang out with the guys, all top level arm wrestlers, but it was mid covid and the shop was swamped and I was working late all the time.
Now Mikes moved to the GTA area so I don’t see him anymore, guess I missed out on my chance. He came into the shop to say good bye before he left.

I did it with pretty good results. My main focus is Muay Thai; as a result of that, most of my strikes come from my left side(non-dominant). This lead to a ridiculous imbalance in my arms, and delts when I did my first cycle, and decided to focus on bodybuilding for a bit. I found the key wasn’t not using one side, just working my smaller side harder, so I didn’t look like Quasimodo. I’d do extra reps, or sets on my right side. I found it really evened out my imbalances, while maintaining size on my larger arm/delt.

I dont know shit about him really but if his one arm did something really crazy I'd think Larrat is a rare case. By crazy I mean abnormal growth that couldnt or wouldnt be possible in time with normal training.

The only thing I've ever done like that was ignore my front delt iso work but they get plenty of stim from other movements.

On one had I could see that you only have so much "energy" to send to your muscles through CNS etc.

On the other hand there is a concept called bilateral transfer. It's kind of the opposite of what you are suggesting, you can google for a full explanation but as it pertains to muscle building or retention I have used it successfully before, I think.
Very commonly applied by folks who don't even know they are doing it. Basic example would be injuring one leg and not being able to use it for a while, maybe it's immobilized or non weight bearing. So you train the fuck out of the other leg and some of that "energy" is transferred to the injured leg.
Pretty hard to quantify but I almost always have had surgeons and other health care providers comment on my retention.

On the third hand it would make sense that this transfer is as the name suggest "lateral" meaning from side to side, not "medial" so wouldn't have that effect from below to above your middle.

On the fourth hand ya got all this legit talk about how heavy skwatz boost all over growth through various processes.

Off hand that's all I can think of.

Hope I was able to provide a helping hand.

My two cents , I would t do it just for the fact that other parts of the body would start compensating for the weak parts. I could see it leading to an injury .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk