Emergencies act vote

My theory is the senate wasn’t going to approve it and Trudeau spouted off that there would be a non confidence vote if it wasn’t passed, so he doesn’t want to risk a non confidence vote, so just abandon the emergency act.
Pierre is dangerous to Trudeau, Otoole was crap. But conservatives will come out in droves to vote for Pierre.
And really for conservatives to win that’s all that needs to happen. Thing a lot didn’t vote last time. But a big push for conservatives and a disgruntled liberal base that doesn’t vote could turn the tide.

Now they all kind suck, and I have no idea how they will repair the damage already done. How is the next generation of normal workers going to afford a house? Never mind get ahead. It will be work to live for a huge chunk. On what I made in 1998, even if it was in todays dollars, I could never afford a house. I was just a average wage earner then, the store was just getting going.

My first house was 121,000. I bought a new truck in 2000 for 24,000. I only made I think around 38,000 a year.
You need to make 6 figures to do the same now.
Really depends on where you are buying.

I truly hope Pierre P can take down JT.

I swear i have been hearing the name Klaus Schwab on every damn show i listen to everyday. Which is about 15 hrs worth a day!
Point is that its about fucking time.
that fucking weirdo better be afraid.
fucking psychopath.

Pierre could win but it wont matter unless we have a complete overhaul of the Conservative party.
We would need someone to push to reform the party kinda like what Steve Bannon is doing in the states. Get some regular people elected. Not just lawyers and rich kids. Its not just the USA that needs to drain the swamp.

Canada lifts its state of emergency..... Lots of media coverage about protecting democracy in Ukraine...... Russia shuts down Ukrainian air space, bombs Ukraine and Ukraine declares an actual emergency because Putin is invading. How is Trudeau supposed to feed the war machine if he has a local "emergency" AND he's sending troops to an actual emergency?

I guess if you move out west, or small town ontario. But some areas you need jobs, with increased jobs like comes increased house prices likely.

My theory is the senate wasn’t going to approve it and Trudeau spouted off that there would be a non confidence vote if it wasn’t passed, so he doesn’t want to risk a non confidence vote, so just abandon the emergency act.
Pierre is dangerous to Trudeau, Otoole was crap. But conservatives will come out in droves to vote for Pierre.
And really for conservatives to win that’s all that needs to happen. Thing a lot didn’t vote last time. But a big push for conservatives and a disgruntled liberal base that doesn’t vote could turn the tide.

Now they all kind suck, and I have no idea how they will repair the damage already done. How is the next generation of normal workers going to afford a house? Never mind get ahead. It will be work to live for a huge chunk. On what I made in 1998, even if it was in todays dollars, I could never afford a house. I was just a average wage earner then, the store was just getting going.

My first house was 121,000. I bought a new truck in 2000 for 24,000. I only made I think around 38,000 a year.
You need to make 6 figures to do the same now.
I hear ya agree with the political items, i disagree on the salary required to make it today. It is all about management and greed. If you are good with funds, i know many, many that are and make nowhere near 6 figures. Live a great life, in a nice home, with good vehicles and live well.
I am lucky, well i would say, i worked my ass right off and have done excellent, wife as well. Lots of sacrifice. If i could start again, i would do as my friends with lower incomes. I missed a lot of stuff, but i guess it can be debated as i more than make up for it now. BUT, life is to live, i learned in recent years.

I’ve said this a million times to friends and family that vowed to get vaccinated. I use that term extremely light. If it was a vaccine a true vaccine I wouldn’t get Covid whether it’s this strain or that.
It’s a flu shot. Nothing more.

I hear ya agree with the political items, i disagree on the salary required to make it today. It is all about management and greed. If you are good with funds, i know many, many that are and make nowhere near 6 figures. Live a great life, in a nice home, with good vehicles and live well.
I am lucky, well i would say, i worked my ass right off and have done excellent, wife as well. Lots of sacrifice. If i could start again, i would do as my friends with lower incomes. I missed a lot of stuff, but i guess it can be debated as i more than make up for it now. BUT, life is to live, i learned in recent years.
Oh you can do it on less, but then you have higher debt and need to watch all your purchases.
Ive been there, done that.
At present house prices I believe it’s a lot tougher, and maybe I’m tainted from housing prices here. You can’t buy a house under 500,000. Even then they likely need work. A condo apartment new is 500,000 if it’s not in prime location.

Maybe my idea of living well is different than others, but I didn’t enjoy having to budget every little thing. That’s why I worked hard to get to where I am.

Oh you can do it on less, but then you have higher debt and need to watch all your purchases.
Ive been there, done that.
At present house prices I believe it’s a lot tougher, and maybe I’m tainted from housing prices here. You can’t buy a house under 500,000. Even then they likely need work. A condo apartment new is 500,000 if it’s not in prime location.

Maybe my idea of living well is different than others, but I didn’t enjoy having to budget every little thing. That’s why I worked hard to get to where I am.
Nah...Not at all...Trick is to not get debt brother..Sounds tuff? Not at all, Momma and i made very little, 30-40,000 per year each making our way and building our rep. To at present many, many hundreds of thousands of dollars each year. Not normal at all from where we came from..
Believe me when i say we live well, and always have and have a highish standard.
Read The wealthy barber sometime, that was my guide....

Very, very modest farm upbringings. (POOR AS SHIT, Couldn't even afford field trips)

We lived well and had fun, and you know what...Today at over 500 k per year household income..
We live exactly the same way, hence why we are done anytime we desire.. Never, ever did we get caught up in the race, not one time...But had awesome things. No loans.

We currently have, Horses, Riding arenas, quads, boats, 3 harleys, new diesel truck and ram truck and 4 homes and the list goes on...
Not one of our toys are brand new nor ever were, new to us, but very good used... and not one purchase in over a decade had a loan.

We have made good money the last 15 years or so as we are both professionals.

We started making very good money in the last 7-8 years, still have same truck, quads, and a couple new farms, no loans brother...Nothing brand new, nor will i ever have...Material things like toys i mean or vehicles etc...

Many, of my friends are in the same boat and nowhere is more expensive than where we live in BC, Ontario is quite inexpensive as compared to here brother..
BC Bring cash...Ontario is catching up though. slowly.

It takes resource management, not falling for keeping up with joneses, and being true to us and our goals.
WE NEVER waiver...Its not too tough, not at all..
Its tougher having debt and bills and worrying...
I don't invest in stocks, i probably should, but i am a chicken shit. I havent spent 100 dollars gambling in my life, not including lottery tix and kids selling raffle tix etc. I am a chicken, and i am a risk taker in way too many ways for my own good, but with Cash, i always have been thrifty..My friends made fun of me my whole life, and i always said F YOU, i am thrifty...lol...
I spend and buy rounds and always buy meals when i am out etc...I am not cheap...But my brain is always calculating and thats why i am decent with what i do for work...

Last edited:
I think his point was basically you can't buy what you used to be able to by doing the same job.

So a teacher's salary can't buy today what a teacher's salary bought before...

I feel this a lot.. I used to be able to save 30,000-40,000$ a year if we watched our spending.. Now, we are absolutely dilligent about watchign our spending and we are on track to save 10,000 this year.. Our only increased cost has been a pre school fee of 400$ a month.. our montly costs should actually be lower because we were spending 1000$ a month on pre school..

I think his point was basically you can't buy what you used to be able to by doing the same job.

I feel this a lot.. I used to be able to save 30,000-40,000$ a year if we watched our spending.. Now, we are absolutely dilligent about watchign our spending and we are on track to save 10,000 this year.. Our only increased cost has been a pre school fee of 400$ a month.. our montly costs should actually be lower because we were spending 1000$ a month on pre school..
Exactly what I was implying.
It cost us 10,000 a year for my grandson to be in preschool. But we got no government assistance. Under 70,000 household income you are subsidized.
I watch what I spend. I have become so thrifty in my older age. Not sure why? Maybe to one day retire?

So no way today you could buy a house making inflation adjusted money. So instead of 35,000 a year you make 50,000 for the same job, but instead of 121,000 for the house it’s 400,000, nevermind everything else inflated exponentially.
I feel sorry for kids coming up. They will not be able to afford to do what I did working in the same industry as me. The middle class has been shifted to lower middle class.
We don’t have as many blue collar decent paying jobs anymore the competition is getting stiffer and retail is the only option for a number of people who cannot go on to collage or university.
The Canadian advantage is not as much of andvantage anymore.
I think about this a lot for my grandson. He’s not a book smart kid, but the options to get paid really good money are limited.
@ironwill, you are an exception not the norm when it comes to getting ahead. Not many people have the determination to succeed like that. Plus right place at the right time helps a lot. It taking anything away from where you got though.
I was talkng to a buddy from school the other day, I knew he sent his kids to private school and I wanted to know what it was like. Any how it got on to what we made, and Jesus that guy makes 980,000 a year. (not oilfield related) Then he says, don’t get all excited, I likely paid almost 400,000 in taxes, lol. Plus he hates his job, like he said, he worked for the money, not the enjoyment, he wants to retire and do something he loves, but is having a difficult time parting with the income. I find things like this humbling.

We all have points...
My point is if you have control, and can be aware, one does not need 6 figures to make it...lol...not even close...

My wife and i, We set ourselves up from day one...One salary goes to the bank, one salary goes to bills and saving to buy our toys etc.
We still do this today..
Since the day we joined accounts, i told her my plan and she loved it and joined in...
My salary is straight in the bank, never once touched for many, many years. It grows quick when bringing in a small salary, and a large salary, it just grows a hell of a lot quicker now.

Some of Mommas salary goes to bills just typical taxes and power, gas , fuel etc, and majority goes to a different account for future investments, trips, toys, fun stuff.
She rakes in the coin as well, several years, majority of our life was dirt poor, as mentioned, no field trips, hand me down clothes, No money for hot dog day torn shoes, Manitoba broke kid from the farm. Beyond broke...
I graduated at 15, i got skipped 2 grades in school, I started working at 15 full time and moved out on my own at 15, not a room mate, on my own...Mom and dad hated it, but knew i was doing it i turned 16, 5 months later after moving out and got my license.
The 80s were tough on farmers and mortgage holders. My parents ended up retiring at mid 50s as well, as they saved and scrimped and bought a business, then another one and so on, now well off, but a longgg road to get there. I am digressing now, but hey, tis Friday and i feel like typing as i eat my 8 eggs sitting here...

Of course the dollar does not go as far as years ago, Correct, the dollar does not go as far as it used to, that's obvious and a given we all see.

My point is having control will give one freedom. WE EARNED the ability to speak on it, and i teach many folks how to manage their funds, i build budgets of close to 250 million last year for my company over a few mine sites. I am asked frequently to show folks and help them and i do it well.

I do this all day long. I walked the walk, now i am talking the talk, and i earned the ability to do so, i wont sit and hear we need to have loans and debt to be happy...Material things bring zero happiness after about 2 months, maybe 2 days some times.
The desire to have everything RIGHT NOW is what kills us...
My attitude is not as such, i am patient.
Look at Bodybuilding and juice.
Everyone, well, i should say many folks want it right now, instant reward and gratification. Not me..I planned since day one to be doing this in my 50s, looking like i am in my 30s, ability to gain and progress after 30 years. I trained many, many years natural, and watched my buddies gear up and had a wicked 5-7 years, i surpassed them all, became a sponsored athlete and told by many in "the know", i could be top 10 in NA, anytime i wanted to turn it up a notch and slow my role in my career, i did not do so. I never chased the dream, i stayed strong with my plan as laid out above. The right choice for certain.

I was patient, slow and low doses, taking breaks, getting analysis with bloodworks constantly before it was in vogue.

I am the same way as a hunter and trapper and horse trainer and coach and mentor, all things i am decent at...How? Patience man, just good ol patience... Farm boy pride, hard work and patience.
I hope i dont come off as arrogant, as i dont have one arrogant bone in my body. However i speak up, i speak the truth and facts and that makes some uncomfortable and viewing as arrogant. When you earned it and did it, you can speak of it...
I share with no shame, why would anyone not??

Exactly what I was implying.
It cost us 10,000 a year for my grandson to be in preschool. But we got no government assistance. Under 70,000 household income you are subsidized.
I watch what I spend. I have become so thrifty in my older age. Not sure why? Maybe to one day retire?

So no way today you could buy a house making inflation adjusted money. So instead of 35,000 a year you make 50,000 for the same job, but instead of 121,000 for the house it’s 400,000, nevermind everything else inflated exponentially.
I feel sorry for kids coming up. They will not be able to afford to do what I did working in the same industry as me. The middle class has been shifted to lower middle class.
We don’t have as many blue collar decent paying jobs anymore the competition is getting stiffer and retail is the only option for a number of people who cannot go on to collage or university.
The Canadian advantage is not as much of andvantage anymore.
I think about this a lot for my grandson. He’s not a book smart kid, but the options to get paid really good money are limited.
@ironwill, you are an exception not the norm when it comes to getting ahead. Not many people have the determination to succeed like that. Plus right place at the right time helps a lot. It taking anything away from where you got though.
I was talkng to a buddy from school the other day, I knew he sent his kids to private school and I wanted to know what it was like. Any how it got on to what we made, and Jesus that guy makes 980,000 a year. (not oilfield related) Then he says, don’t get all excited, I likely paid almost 400,000 in taxes, lol. Plus he hates his job, like he said, he worked for the money, not the enjoyment, he wants to retire and do something he loves, but is having a difficult time parting with the income. I find things like this humbling.
LOL, not right place at right time...not even close...my god... We could make a lot more, but choose to lead this life and are almost completed now.... The 80s and 90s were as tough as it got for tradesmen in MB. A grind every damn day...Working from the very bottom of labor pool, to helping around mine eqpt, to operating my way through pretty much the entire gamut of heavy equipment, then helping repairs, then 3 different apprenticeships, 3 apprenticeships starting back at the bottom each time 4 years for each one...I got credited hours for one ticket and only had to do 2 yrs., Not right place at right time. Busting hump is what it was.
I hope i dont sound miffed, i am not at all...Just blabbing, because its fun..
Thgen back to school 3 more times quitting work, living on rice and eggs and protein powder and not much else. Attaining 2 professional certifications in Mechanical Engineering and reliability. I can go on and on, but it was always a fight, and that is what i am...every day...

I met folks like myself years ago, many folks threw knives at them.. Calling them cheap, poor and worse....Material things are only materials...
I decided to learn from them, i am glad i did. They are doing excellent still. The knife throwers?...Well they still throw knives, it is a mindset and i drop my ego all damn day every day and try to learn from anyone, and in turn i share and pay it forward all day as well...

Last edited: