Elbow sleeves

Frank.castle

If you want peace, Prepare for war
Trusted Member
Like a lot of us I’ve got an elbow that drives me nuts! I have tennis elbow and a bit of golfers elbow. Has anyone had success with using elbow sleeves in keeping lift weight high while keeping pain lower.

I’ve looked at many different brands and styles. I’m wondering if anyone has a preference between a true sleeve or something like the Mark Bell compression cuff

Ive never used sleeves but something that really works for my elbows is warming up with very high rep 50-75 rope pushdowns. @PhysLifter gave me that trick a while ago and haven't hurt my elbows since
I try that but still sometimes the next day I can barely hold a grocery bag in that arm. Knock on wood hasn’t got that bad in a while!

Sleeves and wrist wraps anytime I'm doing pushing exercises, wrist wraps only when pulling and I stoped using lifting straps unless I can hold it with proper form now I don't lift it

Mark bell strong sleeves are damn good I love mine. I have noticed a significant difference since I started using them and there worth every penny

Using slingshot or bench bands helps to take pressure off your joints if your recovering then just stop using when your back to 100%

Get a tennis elbow wrap/brace ..... wear it all the time until the pain goes away..... had that issue, it's what worked for me.... that and a product called joint flex..... looks like roll on deodorant.
I have a set of Gasp elbow sleeves.... good compression.....

Attachments

• TEN.jpg
    TEN.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 3
Bumping this thread cause Im thinking about getting a set now..lol. has anyone used the mark bell elbow sleeves?

Bumping this thread cause Im thinking about getting a set now..lol. has anyone used the mark bell elbow sleeves?
I bought a pair of rip toned.
They worked, but physio fixed my tendinitis better.
My arms forearms are 14.5 and arms 16.5 and they fit snug but not too tight.
I’ll mail them to you if you want, lol. Free.
I find it too restrictive.
Just pm me, I’m not kidding. I have to mail stuff for work this weekend, I’ll toss it in at the same time. They will just sit here collecting dust.

I bought a pair of rip toned.
They worked, but physio fixed my tendinitis better.
My arms forearms are 14.5 and arms 16.5 and they fit snug but not too tight.
I’ll mail them to you if you want, lol. Free.
I find it too restrictive.
Just pm me, I’m not kidding. I have to mail stuff for work this weekend, I’ll toss it in at the same time. They will just sit here collecting dust.
Well shit, I guess I will take you up on that since we have the exact same measurements..lol. what a great board. I will send a PM

Honestly give a GOOD chiropractor a try.. We've got a awesome one here and I know first hand how many people he's fixed including myself.

I was convinced by a buddy to by elbow compression sleeves once. I bought quality ones he recommended. I hated them. I think they were a touch too small. Huge pain getting them on. Tried them a few times and felt more discomfort wearing them than not.

I actually think I might still have them in my basment. I'll look on the weekend. If I have them, I'll send them over to you free.

Morning,

Common problem for anyone who lifts long enough. I agree with @Cheapshot on the warming up. I bought bands and do a 15-20 minutes warm up with bands, high rep light work to make sure everything is ready to go before I tough anything heavier.
That will help but probably won't heal it completely if you won't take some time off. I used BPC157 and aggressively used it for a week and took the time off. When I came back I had to change my wrist position with a few exercises. I love skull crushers with an EZ bar and I am doing them to failure with no pain. I had to give up dumbbell tricep exercises because for whatever reason my wrist naturally turned the wrong way and aggravated my elbows to the degree I can relate with holding a light bag.
I stick to close grip pushups, floor presses, dips, skull crushers but only with a barbell, and push-downs with bands.

Part of lifting longevity is finding exercises you can do that don't aggravate certain minor injuries while they heal. Its frustrating annoying especially if you lift heavy and want to continue doing so. I don't lift heavy anymore - 10 reps or more for every exercise and I am getting better hypertrophy doing this.

Good luck.

Honestly give a GOOD chiropractor a try.. We've got a awesome one here and I know first hand how many people he's fixed including myself.

I was convinced by a buddy to by elbow compression sleeves once. I bought quality ones he recommended. I hated them. I think they were a touch too small. Huge pain getting them on. Tried them a few times and felt more discomfort wearing them than not.

I actually think I might still have them in my basment. I'll look on the weekend. If I have them, I'll send them over to you free.
I dont think they would ever fit me. I saw that pic the other day and your a giant compared to me..lol. Im the size of some of your students.. maybe I could use them as knee wraps..lol. appreciate the offer thou

Morning,

Common problem for anyone who lifts long enough. I agree with @Cheapshot on the warming up. I bought bands and do a 15-20 minutes warm up with bands, high rep light work to make sure everything is ready to go before I tough anything heavier.
That will help but probably won't heal it completely if you won't take some time off. I used BPC157 and aggressively used it for a week and took the time off. When I came back I had to change my wrist position with a few exercises. I love skull crushers with an EZ bar and I am doing them to failure with no pain. I had to give up dumbbell tricep exercises because for whatever reason my wrist naturally turned the wrong way and aggravated my elbows to the degree I can relate with holding a light bag.
I stick to close grip pushups, floor presses, dips, skull crushers but only with a barbell, and push-downs with bands.

Part of lifting longevity is finding exercises you can do that don't aggravate certain minor injuries while they heal. Its frustrating annoying especially if you lift heavy and want to continue doing so. I don't lift heavy anymore - 10 reps or more for every exercise and I am getting better hypertrophy doing this.

Good luck.
I am the same way now I lift at the weight that I will hurt the less the next day and do a lot of self physio. I refer to a book supple Leopard, can't remember the write (google it), but there is a lot of good physio techniques that really work. I find sleeves keep elbows warm but do nothing for pain next day. Slingshot is great for saving your shoulders.

I am the same way now I lift at the weight that I will hurt the less the next day and do a lot of self physio. I refer to a book supple Leopard, can't remember the write (google it), but there is a lot of good physio techniques that really work. I find sleeves keep elbows warm but do nothing for pain next day. Slingshot is great for saving your shoulders.

Everyone should have a copy of the Supple Leopard! Kelly Starrett knows his stuff. His social media stuff is great too.

First link that I pulled from google, has a nice "about the author" section. I like him so much I can even look past his crossfit involvement ;) You can find it in digital too, I think I got my copy from one of those mass collection of articles things that we can download.

Everyone should have a copy of the Supple Leopard! Kelly Starrett knows his stuff. His social media stuff is great too.

First link that I pulled from google, has a nice "about the author" section. I like him so much I can even look past his crossfit involvement ;) You can find it in digital too, I think I got my copy from one of those mass collection of articles things that we can download.

Thanks.. that was an easy find. Just picked up a copy from google. You always have the best answers..lol

Fucked by golfer's elbow in both elbows (inner elbow tendonitus) for many years. What worked wasn't the sleeves for me, but the straps with the ball gel. You strap it with the ball gel compressed firmly against the specific area of pain. Instant relief. This combined with stretches, ice packs, and light weight forearm strenghtening did wonders

Warm them up a ton as mentioned.

Plus icy hot/lidocaine gel (as the great dave tate says. "Its not just for cocks anymore")

I never had elbow issues from lifting even tho i blew my ulnar collateral ligament off the bone pitching when I was 15 and never got the tommy john surgery i needed. But after a hiatus from the gym for 18 months or so I was about 4 weeks back in and my ez bar french presses began to murder my one elbow. I assumed it was irritating my old pitching injury but turns out it was just tendonitis.

I babied it for a few weeks and got some elbow sleeves from "stoic". Theyre 5mm inner and full 7mm out we thickness which is the thickeat ive found. Aktho I believe theyre likely illegal for powerlifting competitions.

If ur elbowa are really mulched from years of lifting id switch to the big dogs. The inzer xt sleeves. Those are the ultimate in support. And Will act as a mini b3nch shirt and increase ur pop out of the hole on pushing movements...but they work wonders for a lot of people.