Egg white cartons

Well shit. Guess I'm back to cooking them
"The availability of egg protein is 91% with cooked eggs and only 50% with raw eggs"

yeah that's one of the orgs I contacted, they had no info on where pasteurized whites sat on that scale though, pretty amazing to me that none of these egg orgs have that info considering how much of it they sell.

That study they cite (2) is the same one Big Ugly Newf posted btw

EDIT - Well shit I just noticed that @biguglynewf actually posted two studies, I took a quick rip through the first on that I had missed and it has the advantage of using egg whites only as opposed to whole eggs. Although it does not include pasteurized egg whites it does have this gem of a line in it " We found that unheated, soft-boiled, and boiled EW had similar NPU values" (NPU is Net Protein Utilization). I'd never seen this one before, it is the newest I recall seeing (2017) and looks at a glance to be well done.

I may be more confused than ever now lol

Last edited:
Weird question, but is there undigested food in your shit? Is it runny or solid?

It's only certain foods like spinach, flax seeds, peppers and shit like that but nothing like meats or rice etc

But since we are already on the subject.. I've had issues for the last 3-4 months with loose stool. I've got bloods done twice and everything looked fine. I need to use psyllium husk to keep my stool more solid.

I just think I might have a gallstone or something that's stopping bile from breaking down fats etc

my protein shakes when i started this 20 years ago was egg whites, yogurt and milk. Mix with a spoon and drink. Seemed to work well but now dont believe im using all protein from it. I still will on occasion but i limit it to 1 cup mixed with iso

It's only certain foods like spinach, flax seeds, peppers and shit like that but nothing like meats or rice etc

But since we are already on the subject.. I've had issues for the last 3-4 months with loose stool. I've got bloods done twice and everything looked fine. I need to use psyllium husk to keep my stool more solid.

I just think I might have a gallstone or something that's stopping bile from breaking down fats etc

I'm guessing you have developed some food intolerances... Blood work you got probably wouldn't show them.

Heart burn/acid reflux as well?

I'm guessing you have developed some food intolerances... Blood work you got probably wouldn't show them.

Heart burn/acid reflux as well?

I get alot of heart burn and acid reflux when I eat ground beef or other acidic foods like salsa or beans in chili etc.

I started using apple cider vinegar as well as making myself ginger teas in hopes it might help somewhat. Im still only a week or so into it so I have yet to notice a change.

I did a stool sample as well and the doctor said she didnt see any inflammatory markers or anything.