Earthing or grounding does anyone practice this?

ironwill

Trusted Member
Trusted Member
I am a grounding fanatic. I tell you it is amazing the effects it has to the positive is very healthy in the new world we live in. My bed mattress is grounded to the earth with a shielded and grounded shield cable. The most relaxing and peaceful sleeps one can imagine. I do not have wifi etc in our homes, no data on etc as much as feasible. If you cannot do this, try and get outside to a nice area and take off your shoes and sit there and feel the energy get back in sync. You will be pleasantly surprised, lots of research out there proving the benefits of this.

I'm down to try anything for a better sleep. But I've got foam.

I'm assuming this is for a metal spring frame mattress, not foam?

Wow, interesting this is the first topic I see when I log in. I just hung up the phone about 15min ago with the grandfather who was saying he bought a grounding pad for his bed and loved it so much he ordered one in for each of his 3 children and 4 grandchildren and they should be here in a week. I told him I was open minded and would give it a try. He wants me to put a hole in the floor to run a wire down 2 stories and then one in the side of the house to attach it to a pole stuck in the ground. I said I wouldn't do that but I'd use the wire to plug it into a ground port in an electrical socket.

Wow, interesting this is the first topic I see when I log in. I just hung up the phone about 15min ago with the grandfather who was saying he bought a grounding pad for his bed and loved it so much he ordered one in for each of his 3 children and 4 grandchildren and they should be here in a week. I told him I was open minded and would give it a try. He wants me to put a hole in the floor to run a wire down 2 stories and then one in the side of the house to attach it to a pole stuck in the ground. I said I wouldn't do that but I'd use the wire to plug it into a ground port in an electrical socket.

I’m sorry but are you a member here? I don’t recognize your handle😉😎

I’m open minded on this, and I will research it a bit.....
But from an electrical point of view, it makes to sense. The mattress would be an insulator.

I remember many years ago many vehicles would have a grounding strap or even a chain to ground the vehicle to help with motion sickness

Not trying to rain on any parades but I come across grounding/earthing a lot in my woo/pseudoscience/critical thinking travels. While I'd hesitate to spend actual dollars on this, if the free version (going barefoot) makes you feel good then I'm all for it. Who does't like the feeling of the Earth under their feet? Further, modalities that encourage mildfullness are never a bad thing, even if the they are technically placebos. I only take issue with placebos when they are promoted in place of effective, evidence based modalities. I literally just kicked off my shoes at work lol

Not trying to rain on any parades but I come across grounding/earthing a lot in my woo/pseudoscience/critical thinking travels. While I'd hesitate to spend actual dollars on this, if the free version (going barefoot) makes you feel good then I'm all for it. Who does't like the feeling of the Earth under their feet? Further, modalities that encourage mildfullness are never a bad thing, even if the they are technically placebos. I only take issue with placebos when they are promoted in place of effective, evidence based modalities. I literally just kicked off my shoes at work lol

Depends what you step on or in🧐

But from an electrical point of view, it makes to sense. The mattress would be an insulator.

I remember many years ago many vehicles would have a grounding strap or even a chain to ground the vehicle to help with motion sickness

This is exactly why I don't do it. I rely on my mattress to isolate me from ground should their be some kind of electrical issue while I am asleep, power lines falling onto me through bedroom window for example. Can't never be too careful!

This is not hooked to your mattress itself, i should have clarified, my apology.

Ok, explanation time. IR has it in his post.
You buy or make a pad to put on top of your mattress. You have thin bed sheets on top of this. Once you begin to sweat at night you make contact with the pad. We all sweat, even if not noticeable.

@IronRobi, the only issue with what you are doing is you may not have a good ground, or you may get backfeeding electricity come in the ground, not likely at all, but possible. The biggest thing is you may not get a good ground. I always go direct and armored and insulated ground cable with armor grounded as well, it is overkill, but that is what i do.
If you have a storm brewing unplug the bed, or put an inline fuse on the ground wire if you are worried about getting a shock with lightning strike, again, very low risk, but hey let's cover all the bases.

I am an electrical/Mechanical guy in charge of engineers and trades mechanical and electrical etc.As an FYI, in case you think i am just some hippie from another galaxy with a tin hat.
I understand it well and there is 0 i repeat 0 risk with this set up, and only very good things happen once you start it. Amazing actually.

Grounding chains on vehicles dissipate the static electricity that builds up as the vehicle moves through atmosphere. Airplanes have them as well, but they don't touch the ground, they discharge to atmosphere. Just need a good build up of protons to be built up and then discharged to the lower charged atmosphere.
Static charges can mess folks up big time, hence why it helped some folks.

Gondar1, lolol, you funny bugger you.

Anyway, it is amazing sleeps and recovery.
I made my own with copper wire taped to my mattress cover then put direct to the ground without the fusible link. If one uses a heavy gauge wire or ground cable you could use one, but honestly, the wire would disintegrate prior to you being affected. If you happen to get hit by falling powerlines, the ground wire will disintegrate prior to your fiery death and self BBQ headlines hit the local papers.

Last edited:

Not trying to rain on any parades but I come across grounding/earthing a lot in my woo/pseudoscience/critical thinking travels. While I'd hesitate to spend actual dollars on this, if the free version (going barefoot) makes you feel good then I'm all for it. Who doesn't like the feeling of the Earth under their feet? Further, modalities that encourage mindfulness are never a bad thing, even if the they are technically placebos. I only take issue with placebos when they are promoted in place of effective, evidence based modalities. I literally just kicked off my shoes at work lol

Nah man. I can post many articles that will tear your article apart, but i won't go there, instead see below ....
Research electrons and the human body. Electrons and health etc. It is all about the healthy electrons amigo.
It is most definitely not BS.
I have done measured experiments on my own electrical charge of my body, i have every instrument available to me one could imagine.
As well i have done experiments with plants. Take a potted plant hanging or insulated from a real ground, run copper scrub buds connected to a wire, allow the roots to intertwine with the grounded scrub bud and grounding wire assembly.
Now take same plant, same place and run same nutrients water etc with no ground, big difference in how they grow. Believe me, i have done this a lot.
But i encourage everyone to try on their own.

I may have too much time on my hands , but i am very engaged in the wifi, EMF,RF debacle along with our society is not a grounded society anymore with even more EMF and ELF and RF frequencies saturating our bodies daily. This is truth, yet some will debate and i am ok with that as well, as i try my best to teach and pass along the info i have found on my own in my own ways, then i researched after to see if i was correct, instead of fogging my brain with possible answers via google and a bunch of folks from both sides arguing.
I do my own things, figure out what i can with my knowledge and experiences i have, then i check to see what others may have found after i have my own thoughts and answers.

I understand placebo, and ability to engage the mind into a better outcome of whatever you are experimenting with. This is not Placebo, and kicking your shoes off at work won't help you unless you work outdoors, workplace floors are insulated and absolutely 0 occurs when you do this, however if you have a grounding pad you may be afforded some benefits, but even these are questionable if plugged in to an outlet.

Last edited:
If I somehow convinced my brother to do this what would it take for me to be able to give him a good zap to wake him up?

This would be a long term hustle, just want to know if it's possible before I start to work on his eco/spiritual weakness to get him on board. Would a portable hand-held battery booster for a truck do it?