Do you have to be big and muscular to be strong, what ya thinks

Absolutely not. I used to do Olympic lifting with a guy who was heavily into yoga.

Guy was very wirey but amazingly strong. Also though his technique was very good being so flexible.

Absolutely it does, you could have more strength in your small-medium size muscles then someone else with the same size or bigger muscle has but you’re not gonna be lifting 300-400-500-600 lbs without gaining some significant muscle mass.

In my earlier years I never weighed over 135-40 pound wet.
But I could grab a hunk of moose off a trailer and carry it into my cooler (20’), and more than once it was over 300 lbs. all by myself. More then once I would hear one hunter say to the other, ‘I told you this guy would carry it himself, he’s crazy’
When I think back, I was way stronger pound per pound compared to now.
Mind you I’d also laugh at my wife if she got mad at me and punch me, because she hand would bounce off. I’d say, it’s like punching steel, lol.
It still bounces, but not the same way.

Im definitely not the most aesthetically pleasing guy but I pride myself in what I can lift and shift. Haha my uncles as tall as me,twice my age and skinny as a rake but we often lift together at similar weights. It’s interesting to say the least.

Regards
SonOfOdin

Reactions: PGM
Absolutely it does, you could have more strength in your small-medium size muscles then someone else with the same size or bigger muscle has but you’re not gonna be lifting 300-400-500-600 lbs without gaining some significant muscle mass.
take a look at the video below. Toomey beat the crap out a lot bigger girls in all the weight events in the 2020 crossfit games.
[GALLERY=media, 54][/GALLERY]

There are just some small thin ppl that can kick the crap out of larger muscular people... it has to be genetics, or they train a lot harder, or they worked on a farm lol.

Look at the 165-180 lb powerlifters deadlifting 7-800 lbs. They are tall an lanky. Wouldn't even know they lift if you saw them on the streetB_hkCLNVAAA4HcD.jpg

There are just some small thin ppl that can kick the crap out of larger muscular people... it has to be genetics, or they train a lot harder, or they worked on a farm lol.
Yup, farmboy here. Hard working sob, as my dads friends used to complain he worked me like an adult, cutting and hauling wood, baling hay and fighting with horses and cattle daily. I would stick up for my dad all the time explaining i loved it, and he never forced me to, ever. I like work.
I used to enter strongman contests before ever hitting the gym and win most times, as well as superheavyweight arm wrestler and never lost. Literally never lost once...I am not exaggerating, nor boasting and rarely mention these things. I beat the world champion pretty handily in an exhibition match. I forget his name, from Portage la prairie. I think it was Ryan Espey at the time. I have a friend that also beat him in a tournament and won a trophy, then he said...well i guess I'm the champ now....lolol
Oh well, it was good times, he challenged me in an exhibition after i had about 15 matches in one day and i won the tourney, then he challenged me which was bs, but i won anyway. lol I had a chance to go to the worlds after winning nationals and had to miss it. All before the gym. After the gym it got even stranger...lol...in a good way.
I honestly dont like to boast, but on here with like minded peeps, i do at times...lol
I've just always been that way since i was a wee lad.