DIY TRT

Darome

Trusted Member
Hey guys, first post here. Just wanting to know how many guys are doing their own version of TRT? That being doctor followed (blood tests) only you are supplying your own testosterone?

My doctor has tried to get me in with a bunch of urologists and no one will accept me. I'm 35 and had 220 of free testosterone on my last blood check.

He doesn't know what to do next, he isn't comfortable prescribing me TRT because he has very little knowledge of it. However, he is a nice to work with doctor, and I know he wouldn't have an issue working with me if I was to self prescribe

I'm a bit bummed out with the whole situation, I've been trying to do this for nearly a year. I really don't like the onmen style, and would want to have a local legit dr ideally. However, it seems everyone in Ottawa is just too damn busy.

Is there any reason other that coverage/travel not to just do it myself?

I have old bottle of medistar testoviron (test-e) and it has never been opened, been in a climate controlled box the whole time and it looks fine. Expired 2015 or so it says. I figure it's probably still good to go or is that a bad idea? I figure of anything it's just under dosed at this point.

Last time I checked while off I was around 220 as well ive been doing self prescribed trt for about a year and a half best decision of my life it literally probably saved my life. I went from 280 pounds fat depressed fuck to 220 lean and mean now I'm going to start blasting and cruising, it took me quite a few months to get dialed in properly but yeah like I said best decision of my life aside from having a kid.

Lots of people do it themselves, but the blood work is sometimes difficult to get often enough. If you have a doctor that will give you bloodwork, thats half the battle. Ugl Test costs pennies a year to run. ( $200 ayear) a prescription doesn't mean much unless you need to travel alot.

2015 expiry doesn't matter, use it. Im no sure about medistar, cant remember if it was good or bad..lol. I never used it, but remember the name.

I started at 34 on my own after my bloodwork showed low test. but the doctor said im within range. I was within range for a 80-85yr old man..lol. most docs are clueless about test and against it as well

Hey guys, first post here. Just wanting to know how many guys are doing their own version of TRT? That being doctor followed (blood tests) only you are supplying your own testosterone?

My doctor has tried to get me in with a bunch of urologists and no one will accept me. I'm 35 and had 220 of free testosterone on my last blood check.

He doesn't know what to do next, he isn't comfortable prescribing me TRT because he has very little knowledge of it. However, he is a nice to work with doctor, and I know he wouldn't have an issue working with me if I was to self prescribe

I'm a bit bummed out with the whole situation, I've been trying to do this for nearly a year. I really don't like the onmen style, and would want to have a local legit dr ideally. However, it seems everyone in Ottawa is just too damn busy.

Is there any reason other that coverage/travel not to just do it myself?

I have old bottle of medistar testoviron (test-e) and it has never been opened, been in a climate controlled box the whole time and it looks fine. Expired 2015 or so it says. I figure it's probably still good to go or is that a bad idea? I figure of anything it's just under dosed at this point.

as mentioned above by a member the test would be fine
especially if not opened
if open I would say toss it

I'd say if you can do as much as you can to be safe then go for it. If your doc will monitor you that's perfect get a good control on everything heart related, blood pressure, cholesterol and whenever you can do extensive tests like stress test or coronary artery calcium score. Yea if it was me I'd probably choose to do it myself too

You could suggest to your dr that he prescribes the cream to start as it’s pretty safe. I didn’t have much success with it but I know a few people who have.

since it sounds like you have a real medical need, don't skip the blood tests. Just go with onmen so you can monitor for the first 6 months or year. Get dialed in and if you feel you want to dIY, then do it.

I live in BC and had to wait 18 months to get into a men's clinic so I did my own TRT. When I finally got in I was honest with the doc that I was doing my own because of the wait. His reply was I was not the first to do that and asked me how much I self prescribed (125mg/week) and he'd get BW to see where I was at.

I started at 43, did it myself just didn’t feel like jumping thru hoops.
Anyhow back then Lets Get Checked was around so I guessed what I thought would put me in the middle and checked it. 125mg a week. I hit it dead on the first time.
Now I spend 6 months on blast, 6 months on trt. I keep the blasts pretty mild though.

It's a pain in the ass LOL I had to complain and complain of symptoms then I manipulated my test levels for blood work- IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT I WAS NATURAL THROUGH THIS PROCESS. It takes time and effort in addition to feeling like crap for a while. Once I got the gel I waited a few months then let him know I'm getting white powder on my shirt then I let him know my sleep with my girlfriend and she is breaking out in zits all the time, acting all weird like she's on a permeant period.

Gets worse! He made me come in for HIM to inject me 100mg/2wks. At his request I do blood work. I time it so it shows up as low (wait for the end of the 2wks then draw blood- 12 days). Then I told him a guy at work came to my house and he showed me how he did it. Finally I got it to go home with but still more- I had to switch the dosage to 100mg/wk and do bloods so I can show test is right in the middle (5 days after injection, not 3). Things went well then 6mths later on a follow up I let him know it felt like I "was sliding backwards a bit" and upped it to 125mg/wk.

No more playing around after that. I brew my own anyway so I just stock pile the pharma

Total time was 1yr at least of gel, 3mths him injecting me, 6mths to the final self adjustment so nearly a 2yr ordeal or so but it's done.

He did check luteinizing hormones so any playing with test while or before this process happens ends the show. He will see it. He specifically checked the FSH

I have a very good naturopath in BC that works close with an MD and I get 240 mgs a week and blood work on demand essentially. The downside is cost. If you don’t have benefits that cover it, it is very expensive .

If you can swing it, this route is the best by far.

I have a very good naturopath in BC that works close with an MD and I get 240 mgs a week and blood work on demand essentially. The downside is cost. If you don’t have benefits that cover it, it is very expensive .

Dam son 240 a week that's descent. I'd call 300 a blast and under 200 trt. If you can safely stay on 240 maybe I should try to get mine amped up 🤠

Last edited:

Does your naturopath prescribe you that yam testosterone shit?

OP sorry to derail this a little bit